TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CubbyBr

**SPOILERS** TNA Impact results for the next two weeks

Welcome to the live spoilers for the post Bound For Glory taping of TNA Impact for Spike TV. They will air the next two weeks before the November 6th tapings. I am sure the new NWA World Heavyweight champion Sting will be in the venue as well as LAX, Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle. Anytime Detroit was mentioned the Orlando fans booed. David Penzer announced we would be seeing a tournament “fight for the right” face Sting at Genesis on November 19th. He also announced a barbwire cage match will be held on November 6th between “War Machine” Rhino and “Captain Charisma” Christian Cage. Jeremy Borash came out to tell the fans they were going to be filmed and recorded for the upcoming TNA videogame to be released by Midway Games. Not on the show: Elix Skipper, David Young, Shark Boy, A1, Gail Kim, Jim Cornette and Jeff Jarrett.

Matches and interview segments for hour one:

The evening was opened by the new NWA World Heavyweight champion Sting standing in the ring. But before he could talk he was joined by Christian Cage. Cage said Sting had been stealing his thunder for weeks so it was payback time. Cage was upset about the 18 person tournament he had to compete in to get a shot at the title he never lost. Next Cage mocked Sting’s updated outfit and said he was scared and terrified that he wasn’t the biggest star in wrestling. Cage told Sting to stop hiding behind the makeup. Sting replied Cage could have a shot at the title when Sting decided it would take place, then he decked Cage with the trusty baseball bat.

Jeremy Borash was backstage talking about the PPV and tonight Kurt Angle would talk to the fans. Samoa Joe came over to the interview area. He said he already knew Kurt but tonight they would get up close and personal.

(1) NWA World Tag Team champions Latin American Xchange (“Notorious 187” Homicide and Hotstuff Hernandez w/Konnan) defeated the Naturals (Chase Stevens and Andy Douglas w/ “Franchise” Shane Douglas)

Before the LAX hit the ring they were decked by America’s Most Wanted. The beating went on for a while before AMW tossed LAX into the Naturals which was weird to see knowing their storied past. Stevens and Douglas jumped LAX but Douglas got dumped to the floor. The match was short and sweet as Homicide hit Stevens with the Cop Killer as Hernandez destroyed Douglas with the Border Toss. After the match Shane Douglas got in his teams faces but they bloodied his lip with smacks. On the canvas Douglas laughed at what occurred. They dapped fists after Shane Douglas got to his feet and it looked like their partnership wasn’t over.

David Penzer broke down the tournament, three stages worth. 18 wrestlers would start on the floor and try to climb in the ring, sort of a reverse battle royal. The first seven to get in over the top rope went on to stage two. Those seven would then compete in a battle royal. When five are tossed that is the placement in the tournament and the final two compete in a singles match for a bye in the bracketing to happen later.

(2) Abyss (w/Father James Mitchell) won the “Fight for the Right” match to receive a bye.

The 18 wrestlers around the ring were: Christian Cage, Chris Sabin, Sonjay Dutt, Jay Lethal, Eric Young, Senshi, Frankie Kazarian, Raven, Lance Hoyt, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Brother Runt, Brother Devon, Kip James, Ron Killings, James Storm, Robert Roode and Abyss. Team 3D took themselves out as they fought with the Naturals to the locker room. Rhino came out and stopped Cage from getting in the ring.

The seven that got in the ring were: Robert Roode, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Abyss, Lance Hoyt and Ron Killings. The order of elimination from this stage was: Killings, Sabin, Daniels, Roode and Styles. In hour two we would see the following matches: Ron Killings vs. Lance Hoyt, Chris Sabin vs. AJ Styles and Robert Roode vs. Christopher Daniels. The winners will face each other on the November 6th tapings three way style to face Abyss.

Lance Hoyt and Abyss survived to face each other in the single match which was won when Abyss survived a top rope dropkick into a chair Hoyt placed in front of his face. Somehow Abyss blocked a move and hit the Black Hole Slam.

After the commercials we were joined by the “Olympic Hero” Kurt Angle. Angle said lots of people asked over the past weeks why he left the other place. Was he fired, was it a mutual release or did he quit. Angle said he quit because he wanted to wrestle for the best audience in wrestling. Angle said the other reason he came to TNA was the roster backstage, he wanted to beat all of them. He said being the best in TNA meant you were the best in the world. Angle said one person was the one who made him quit, Samoa Joe. Angle said he was ready for Joe despite the fear of facing him in the ring. Angle said TNA told him lots of stuff about Samoa Joe but they didn’t tell them Joe was a bleeder. Joe hit the ring and was immediately tackled by TNA security. When security couldn’t do the job the good guy locker room cleared into the ring.

Some TNAWrestling.com interviews were going to be shown to the crowd. On was Christy Hemme speaking to Chris Sabin who took Jerry Lynn to task when he was interrupted by AJ Styles. Styles didn’t like Sabin badmouthing his fellow X Division pioneer. Sabin and Styles fought but Sabin said he would defend the belt anytime.

Matches and interviews for hour two:

(1) “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles became World X Division champion when he defeated “the Future” Chris Sabin.

At the bell the war of words became physical. Styles took Sabin to the mat in a surfboard but Sabin countered into a backslide for two. Sabin locked in a chinlock but when Styles tried to get to his feet he got dragged back down. Styles got up second time and hit some kicks followed by the slingshot forearm. Sabin escaped the Styles Clash, hitting an enziguri followed by a tornado DDT for two. Sabin hit some forearms but Styles hit the Pele’ kick. Sabin countered the inverted DDT and dropkicked Styles to a corner and went for the Cradle Shock but Styles countered out into a small package pin.

Mike Tenay and Don West spoke to the home crowd. Jeremy Borash spoke to Lance Hoyt and Ron Killings about their upcoming match. Eric Young said he was looking for someone but the live crowd was to could to hear over.

(2) Ron “the Truth” Killings defeated Lance Hoyt.

This match was fast as hell. Killings was moving fast but ran right into Hoyt’s boot. Hoyt hit several power moves but couldn’t get the pin. Hoyt went for another move but Killings hit several moves that resulted in the Scissor Kick to Hoyt’s head.

After the match they were joined in the ring by the James Gang. BG James took the mic to talk about some guys who recruited them to care for their business back in the day. I think he was talking about HHH and Shawn Michaels. Next BG talked about the 3LK and said TNA dropped the ball on it. James said if they couldn’t find him work he would find it somewhere else. BG said six months together with the James Gang and no gold to show for it. He said they were done working for TNA. Kip took the mic said told TNA/Spike TV to, well he didn’t say it because his mic was cut off. Kip went to the table and took Don West’s headset but he was cut off the air again. So Kip yelled out “Suck It!”

(3) Robert Roode (w/Ms. Brooks) defeated “Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels.

Roode backed Daniels to a corner and kicked him to the mat. Daniels got in a kick to the jaw but Roode decked him with a shot to the jaw. Roode took Daniels down with a neckvise. Daniels fought to his feet and hit an STO. Daniels got on the attack with several moves in and out of the ring. Brooks tried to cut off a top rope move by Daniels but somehow Daniels hit a bodyblock for two. Roode hit a full nelson slam for two. Roode went for a power move but got hit with a DVD. Daniels hit the BME but Brooks called over Hebner. Daniels confronted her and when Roode came over he got kicked. Daniels went for the Angle’s Wings but Brooks grabbed his leg. This allowed Roode to beat Daniels with the Last Rites. AJ Styles came out to tell Hebner about the interference but the decision stood.

So as a result of theses matches we will see on November 6th: Ron Killings vs. Robert Roode vs. AJ Styles. The winner faces Abyss.

(4) In four corner pole match, “War Machine” Rhino wrestled “Captain Charisma” Christian Cage.

Two poles had chairs and wire cutters. On the other two were a straight jacket and the cage door key. The match ended when the items were taken down and could be used on November 6th. Cage came out first but Rhino decked him from behind and the fight was on. Rhino took Cage in the ring ripped his pants off, trying to choke life out of body. Rhino went for the hairs but Cage cut him off. Rhino got in a backdrop and tried to rip Cage’s mouth apart with his hands. Cage kicked Rhino in the mouth but got hit with a clothesline. Cage went for the key but Rhino climbed up with him. Rhino tossed Cage to the floor and grabbed the key. Rhino brought Cage back into the ring only to press slam him to the floor. Rhino got the straight jacket down as the fans chanted “use it now.” Rhino was going to put it on Cage but the referees stopped him. Rhino pulled out a table and sent it in the ring with Cage. Rhino went for the GORE but Cage hit a dropkick. Rhino missed a shoulder tackle and Cage got down the wire cutters. As Cage got down the chairs, Matt Bentley (with dyed hair and face paint) came in and attacked Rhino for some unknown reason. Rhino got the straight jacket and locked up Cage. Frankie Kazarian and Bentley came in and jumped Rhino. Cage got away but Kazarian got picked up by Rhino and was driven into the table.

Matches to be seen on Global Impact and Xplosion:

(1) Sonjay Dutt defeated Petey Williams when he countered out of the Canadian Destroyer, dropkicked Williams and hit a standing shooting star press.

(2) The Naturals (Chase Stevens and Andy Douglas w/Shane Douglas) defeated Austin Starr and Alex Shelley when they hit Shelley with the top rope dropkick into the power bomb.

Announced and guessed matches for the Genesis PPV:

***NWA World Heavyweight champion Sting vs. “the Fight For Your Right” winner TBD

***NWA World Tag Team champions NWA World Tag Team champions Latin American Xchange (“Notorious 187” Homicide and Hotstuff Hernandez w/Konnan) vs. America’s Most Wanted (“Tennessee Cowboy” James Storm and “Wildcat” Chris Harris w/Gail Kim)

***Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle

David Penzer broke down the tournament, three stages worth. 18 wrestlers would start on the floor and try to climb in the ring, sort of a reverse battle royal. The first seven to get in over the top rope went on to stage two. Those seven would then compete in a battle royal. When five are tossed that is the placement in the tournament and the final two compete in a singles match for a bye in the bracketing to happen later.

Why are they making it so complicated? Why not have a simple, easy-to-understand, single elimination tournament?

So Sting's defending against Killings/Styles/Roode/Abyss instead of Christian Cage like logic would dictate?

I think logic is a dirty word in TNA.

Obviously. Though if Abyss wins, then that's one of the dozens of title shots he's owed.

Robert Roode, hope nobody mistakes him for Robert Reed (Mike Brady, for those that don't know who he is).

Guess they are keeping Jarrett's interview for the shows' airing, and I can't wait for AJ vs. Sting

(2) The Naturals (Chase Stevens and Andy Douglas w/Shane Douglas) defeated Austin Starr and Alex Shelley when they hit Shelley with the top rope dropkick into the power bomb.

TSFKTFDNK$(*U%$(%U$(

Some TNAWrestling.com interviews were going to be shown to the crowd. On was Christy Hemme speaking to Chris Sabin who took Jerry Lynn to task when he was interrupted by AJ Styles. Styles didn’t like Sabin badmouthing his fellow X Division pioneer. Sabin and Styles fought but Sabin said he would defend the belt anytime.

Jesus, this stuff made no sense reading it. When it comes to wrestling, it's best to not have the audience decipher a whole page of stipulations for a match (like King of the Mountain). I read those tourney stips a couple times and it still makes little sense to do it that way rather than just do a standard tourney. Why the hell aren't guys like Joe and Angle IN this tourney?

Why is Christian still fucking around with Rhino? Dude, you jobbed in your hometown. It's over. Now let Christian go off and lose to Sting like a good boy.

I know logic is supposed to be suspended, but yeah, this is a little too over-the-top. I would've liked to see them give Christian the title shot because he WON HIS MATCH, or at least put him against Abyss to determine which one gets the first shot.

I wanna call it now: because WWE is doing the DX reunion, TNA has to attempt it as well. The James Gang are gonna team up with Jarrett to form a new stable. God knows how that's gonna work out.

It's good that the Naturals are getting a shot in the arm, but why are Shelley and Starr teaming? That makes zero sense. I'm also glad they're pushing Ron Killings, but they're also still pushing Lance Hoyt.

I like Sabin turning heel, but Christ, I fucking hate it when someone wins the title only to turn around and lose it again on the first show after the PPV. Besides, AJ and Daniels should be moving to the main event to have great matches with Angle.

Speaking of which, my last complaint: Angle and Joe shouldn't be facing each other so soon. Neither man needs to lose right now. Angle winning means Joe isn't as good as a WWE guy, and Joe winning means Angle loses his first match. There's a ton of potential guys each man could face and put on a great match with. No need to hotshot any of it.

Christian Cage, Chris Sabin, Sonjay Dutt, Jay Lethal, Eric Young, Senshi, Frankie Kazarian, Raven, Lance Hoyt, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Brother Runt, Brother Devon, Kip James, Ron Killings, James Storm, Robert Roode and Abyss.

I think the bigger problem was that it was for a World Title shot, and of the 18....about 12 of them really don't have much business being NEAR the world title scene (or are much better suited elsewhere).

And Cage wasn't even in the final seven! Rhino, Joe, even Angle - not in the match! What about Jarrett? Shouldn't he be allowed to fight for a title shot? What part of "Bobby Roode - World Champion" makes ANY sense?

PRELIMS:

AJ vs. Abyss

Rhino vs Runt

Cage vs. Daniels

Raven vs. Truth

SEMI-FINALS:

Truth vs. Cage

Abyss vs. Rhino

FINALS:

Cage vs. Abyss for the #1 Contendership

That's simpler, plus you leave possibilies open for Angle and Joe to have matches with any one of these contenders at the PPV.

I'm glad Sting kept the title!!! I was fearing a show-after screwjob or a title strip.

Convoluted. That's how these two shows sound. I think it'll come off better on tv though. And I really don't mind TNA trying something new once in a while. I like the King of the Mountain matches and I'm interested to see how the wrestlers would defend the ring against an opponent and try to get in while making a match out of it.

Speaking of which, my last complaint: Angle and Joe shouldn't be facing each other so soon. Neither man needs to lose right now. Angle winning means Joe isn't as good as a WWE guy, and Joe winning means Angle loses his first match. There's a ton of potential guys each man could face and put on a great match with. No need to hotshot any of it.

I agree that Joe jobbing wouldnt make him look as good, but seriously, he had to loose at some point. He needs to have one lose to Kurt, then win the belt and have a rematch against him where he wins. That way, both wrestlers come off for the good.

It may be because i skimmed read the spoliers, but this tournament confused the hell out of me. I still dont really think i get it.

And i was annoyed at first that AJ won the title, but they needed a face to get the belt for Sabins heel turn to work, and neither Dutt or Lethal are over enough to be champion, as long as AJ is a transitional champ and gives the belt back to hell sabin, it should be ok as that builds up to Sabin/Lynn at Genisis.

I guess it took Russo a couple of weeks to get back in writing form, this is the sort of non-sensical convuluted crap i expect from the man. Hell, it's even got old Russo favorites the SHOOT~! promo, Title reigns lasting less than a week and the Pole Match, Russo is BACK baby.

Rhoode beat Daniels? Who the hell thought that would be a good idea?