TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CubbyBr

**SPOILERS** TNA Impact results for the next two weeks

I think the biggest problem with the tounament thingy is that it doesn't leaves the time to build a fued between the champion and the challenger. Although I must say it makes for some nice matches on Impacts.

Guest heat
I am glad they didn't go with the super-obvious Christian-Sting match.

Yeah, because that would have made sense. When I look at these spoilers...not so much does.

It's good that the Naturals are getting a shot in the arm, but why are Shelley and Starr teaming? That makes zero sense.

It actually does make sense. Starr won the Nash Invitational at the PPV and Nash was falling all over him afterwards, making Shelley jealous. I'm sure they'll do the relunctant teaming thing for awhile before they feud over NASH LOVE~! But really, I expected them to team up on Impact from the minute that battle royale ended. The rest of the tapings though, I'll reserve judgement until it airs, but the spoilers don't look logical at all.

Bobby Roode seems exactly like a dozen guys in OVW. If he was in WWE he'd probably be getting some midcard semi push on SD feuding with Tatanka or Sylvan.

Russo or someone else, it doesn't really matter. The TNA bookers don't seem to grasp basic booking acumen. When Wrestler A screws Wrestler B out of a title, then Wrestler B is supposed to go after him and kick his ass. Anyone watching knows that Abyss or whomever wins this tourney is just going to job to Sting anyway, so just skip this and go straight to the more interesting Sting/Christian match.

Of course Christian would job to Sting. It's sort of like they turned him heel on Sting originally with zero clue of what to do with him afterwards. Perhaps they are just saving Christian and Sting for another PPV.

There probably saving it for the last PPV of the year.

Roode beating Daniels, thats fine with me, i dont mind him being pushed.

It just annoys me that everytime a face wins the title, Abyss is first in line to job.

Yeah, this PPV already has a money match. No need for Christian/Sting which in their mind is a money match.

Yeah, because of the way they started building to Sting/Christian before the tournament, I'm thinking they'll headline Turning Point.

At least the "reverse battle royal" idea is original. I kind of like it, actually. I mean, WWE has run so many championship and #1 contender tourneys over the last couple years (especially on Smackdown!) that they have kind of lost meaning. At least this is a way to spice it up a little.

Then when is Sting going to put over Joe? Since IIRC, Sting's deal expires fairly soon (like around TP time).

I thought it was reported that Sting re-signed for another year. If he hasn't yet, I know it was reported that they were negiotating and it was highly likely that he'd re-sign.

Then when is Sting going to put over Joe? Since IIRC, Sting's deal expires fairly soon (like around TP time).

There is a very strong chance Sting is re-signing, so it's likely he'll be around for another year.

At least the "reverse battle royal" idea is original. I kind of like it, actually. I mean, WWE has run so many championship and #1 contender tourneys over the last couple years (especially on Smackdown!) that they have kind of lost meaning. At least this is a way to spice it up a little

Why be original when there's no need to be? So what if WWE has screwed up a bunch of tournaments? This isn't WWE. At least they won't make a tournament convoluted for no good reason. Tournaments don't get over in WWE because of how they are booked not because of their format. The single elimination format works very well when done right, and it won't give you an aneurysm when you try to figure it out.

There is a very strong chance Sting is re-signing, so it's likely he'll be around for another year.

Good, because i read somewhere that he wanted to work with the likes of abyss, cage, rhino and now angle.

Here are some backstage notes from the tapings, courtesy of PWinsider...

Although TNA's wrestlers had "the day off" after Bound for Glory on Monday with the Impact taping pushed back to Tuesday, in reality, it was anything but. After traveling from Michigan to Orlando, the TNA crew were working on a number of projects for the company's different promotional ends.

SpikeTV had a crew in Orlando, filming interviews and footage for TNA's primetime debut, which may have a new opening for the primetime debut on 11/16.

The staff of Midway Games were also in Orlando this past Monday, scanning TNA's roster for the upcoming debut TNA video game. TNA filmed a lot of crowd footage at last night's taping for the game as they specifically wanted to use the Impact Zone's crowd noise and chants for the game's audio. A lot of the wrestlers were shown AJ Styles' video game renderings for the first time and were blown away. The level of detail was said to be so precise you could see a scar on Styles' lip he suffered from a Samoa Joe bout.

There was also a crew working on what was described to me as a "High Definition" project, although I don't have much in the way of details on it.Counting the Impact Zone, TNA was using four sound stages at once last Monday. So much a day off!

The Jeff Jarrett interview that will air on Impact Thursday wasn't shown before the live crowd last night but was taped yesterday. It was said to have been a really serious, dark interview to continue his babyface turn. As we mentioned on the PWInsider.com Elite section last week, it's expected that a lot of the personal family problems Jarrett had gone through in the last year will be discussed.

There were a lot of Kevin Nash-Austin Starr-Alex Shelley vignettes taped backstage last night, so although they didn't wrestle on Impact, the storyline that started at Bound for Glory will continue over the next few weeks of TV.

Good to see they're going ahead with the Nash/Shelly/Starr stuff. The Jarrett interview should also be interesting.

The Jeff Jarrett interview that will air on Impact Thursday wasn't shown before the live crowd last night but was taped yesterday. It was said to have been a really serious, dark interview to continue his babyface turn. As we mentioned on the PWInsider.com Elite section last week, it's expected that a lot of the personal family problems Jarrett had gone through in the last year will be discussed.

I think it will take something that strong to turn Jarrett babyface, especially to the Orland crowd, but I still see it as only making the people not want to boo him rather than want to cheer him. And it'll be interesting to see how far they'll go, because going too far will see this backfire and people turn on him even more and his turn really will fail.

Yeah I don't know about this face turn. TNA needs to learn that they can't run an angle 100% with video packages.

Yeah I don't know about this face turn. TNA needs to learn that they can't run an angle 100% with video packages.

But the video packages make things look 5x more exciting. :D

TNA video package #1 - Sit Down interview that they show in segments over the course of weeks.

TNA video package #2 - Babyface trains by running in the streets, shown in segments or sometimes repeated over the course of weeks.

A note from todays WO.com update:

There is a Jeff Jarrett interview that will continue his babyface turn (either this week or next week he cries on TV as they play upon either his wife's cancer, or just cancer in the family)

So, they're hoping cancer can get Jarrett over as a face.

Fans don't cheer faces because they pity them. Cancer won't get Jarrett over as a face. He's been stale and over-exposed for YEARS, and no amount of sob-story telling will make the fans resent him any less.

The fans are going to see this and see it for exactly what it is: a tasteless ploy for heat. Emphasis on tasteless.

I cant see the face turn working. At all. I think this is a piss poor idea and i cant see it working.

But hey, i may eat my own words one day.

They need to get Jarrett the hell off TV for a good two or three months (at least), if they want him to have a successful face turn. I mean, is it that hard to say "Jarrett got injured during his match with Sting," have him off TV, then do a run in at a PPV and save Sting from a beatdown, followed by an interview saying "I respect this man because he beat me fair and square," etc? It's less stupid than trying to make us feel sorry for El Kabong because his family has had health issues.

He's been the face of TNA basically, for five years. Sometimes the fans need a break from a wrestler.

JJ needs to be off TV untill early next year.

then do a run in at a PPV and save Sting from a beatdown, followed by an interview saying "I respect this man because he beat me fair and square," etc?

Then do that.

I wanna call it now: because WWE is doing the DX reunion, TNA has to attempt it as well. The James Gang are gonna team up with Jarrett to form a new stable. God knows how that's gonna work out.

Are we sure they aren't really leaving? I'd guess so since you were the only one to even comment on the situation..

It's less stupid than trying to make us feel sorry for El Kabong because his family has had health issues.

I must of missed the part of the impact interview where Jarrett actually mentioned ANYTHING AT ALL regarding his family or health issues...