TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

24 - Season 6

Milo got played like a bitch. No silent count, not even the show ender.

Just a straight up cap in the head going to commercial.

Not as bad as Tony's bullshit death, but whatever.

This show has really sucked since Buchanan left. Hopefully the show will get better in the final episodes.

Wayne Palmer should have never been president.

Maybe, but it was just Milo, who gave a shit? He's been useless since he had his moment of heroics like what 8-10 episodes ago?

But it was still a pointless "OH HEY SHOCK VALUE" moment that ultimately achieved nothing and only served to kill off a character who may have been doing nothing whatsoever but was at least remotely likable, which is more than I can say for nearly the rest of the entire cast at this point aside from perhaps Morris. Seriously, what did that achieve? Why would they even do that, because they're BAD PEOPLE and want to show that they mean business?

Milo was likeable? Really? I must have missed that one. Between asking everyone about their feelings every 10 seconds when they're supposed to be working on a national crisis, his childish fighting with Morris, and his incessant brooding over his schoolboy crush, I was glad to see him go. If you're point's just that the writing's gone to hell on 24 though, I'll certainly agree with that.

Milo was likeable? Really? I must have missed that one. Between asking everyone about their feelings every 10 seconds when they're supposed to be working on a national crisis, his childish fighting with Morris, and his incessant brooding over his schoolboy crush, I was glad to see him go. If you're point's just that the writing's gone to hell on 24 though, I'll certainly agree with that.

Yeah, that was more my point than hugely bemoaning the loss of Milo; it's true that he hadn't really done anything of note for ages and yeah, you have a point regarding the character flaws (though I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on the "feelings" part given the massive amount of soap opera drama between like everyone in CTU and the fact that if they're distracted by that they'd possibly do more harm than good), but all in all the big problem I had with it was that it was just another pointless, stupid death that achieves nothing other than "oh shit Milo's dead."

I for one am happy they shot someone. When have they...ever.

I am tired of guys taking over somewhere with guns and never actually shooting the guy. Not since Lou Diamond Phillips getting killed in season one has someone done what real assholes would do. Yes, he shot Milo to get everyones attention in there and show that they weren't fucking around and yes, that is what would probably really happen.

I personally loved this episode, last weeks was okay but kinda filler, but for the most part the show has really been kickass since Jack killed all the terrorist.

Tony's death is still the only one I consider unecessary and its because of how they did it. If they had just killed him the explosion with Michelle like they wanted to, I wouldn't have a problem with a single 24 death.

I'm definitely the thread bumper around here.

Meh episode. Hard to believe the finale is next week, though.

I don't care if Jack kills his dad or not. I just hope saves a very heinous death for Cheng.

Yeah, it was a serious 'don't give a fuck' episode. Aside from the six seconds when you thought just maybe Jack was getting his hands on Cheng.

EDIT: Anybody else think it was Wayne when Tom answered his phone?

What a sad, sad season of 24 this has been. Worst ratings in the shows history and nobody is really stepping up to defend it because, really, what's there to defend?

The saddest part is that this had the most promising start of any season and it only went downhill from there.

The finale will make or break this season. When looked at as a whole, it really wasn't bad at all. pretty good actually. Just too many throw away storylines that no one cared about. Like last night. I wasn't slightly moved by the fact that Josh was taken. Nadia and Morris getting all gangsta with Jack was the highlight for me. Overall, nothing really happend last night.

I'm so disappointed by what is going on. They have a bad guy (Cheng) who has spanned over three seasons, and yet he's not even the main focus anymore. They've got a teaser for next week with Jack finally getting his hands on Cheng, only to have Cheng tell him, "You're too late."

Too late for WHAT? After all he's done to torment Jack the last three years, the real payoff should be seeing Cheng take a bullet between the eyes. Anything after that should be gravy. Not the other way around, which is exactly what they're setting up.

As long as Josh is not Jack's biological son, that is the only thing that would kill the season for me. There's still two hours left, so the finale shouldn't disappoint.

As long as Josh is not Jack's biological son, that is the only thing that would kill the season for me. There's still two hours left, so the finale shouldn't disappoint.

I really got the feeling after tonight that Josh is Jack's Dad's son.

I liked the episode although I really wish they would stop with the wasting time junk. Obviously if they are going ahead with a move next season then CTU will get shut down at the end of the season and everyone will be reassigned. Course I don't see how Jack wouldn't go to jail for treason since he kinda did commit it.

I am really surprised Ricky hasn't been killed yet. I thought Doyle would be dead by now but it almost seems like he has fully taken over the Curtis role. I'm interested in the finale and I haven't been too disappointed in the season although I agree the writing has been very slap-dash this season. Who knows, maybe the finale will be the best in 24 history and save it all.

Is there anything they can do tonight to salvage this season? I'm gonna go with a 99% "No", barring a zombie virus in L.A resurrects the corpses of Tony, Curtis and Assad and their re-animated bodies team up with Jack to help him get his nephew/secret son back.

I've found the post-nukes part of the season very intriguing, but it still all seems way too rushed, and I wish the stupid Bauer family drama wasn't a part of it. The season fell apart as soon as we got back into the same ol' CTU formula around hour 7 and introduced yet another "we're going to unseat the president from within!" plotline. Seeing the direction it all went--a whole bunch of stalling, comas, and powergrabs, the removal of Assad, the stupid "look, it's Logan and Martha and Aaron!" episode--I would have much preferred the nukes to be stopped within the first third of the season and have the rest be Cheng v. Jack. We could have had a much more natural progression from the intimate (Cheng kidnaps Audrey) to the global (the threat of war with Russia due to the Chinese getting the chip) rather than the hypercondensed version we got this year. Instead, the whole Cheng/Chinese/Jack story got wasted in about 8 episodes that were very distinctly separated from the 16 that preceded them.

Is it just me, or was that an AWFUL lot of sunlight coming in that window behind the president, considering it's 4:50 AM?

Edit: oh right. Timezones. It's 7:50 AM in DC. Damnit!

Guess Chloe won't be helping Jack in the last hour, but man does her just fainting feel like tension for the sake of tension. They really didn't deliver in this first hour, hope the second hour has SOMETHING happen.

Ugh.

Impossible to have a worse season then this one. Even the ending... I love you and I always will... cue gazing at ocean.

Jesus.

Cheng is still alive. Chloe is pregnant.

Usually when they show the "Next 24 Hours promo" I'm super psyched and think how I can't wait but not this year...

The Jack and Heller scene should have been halfway through the season. As it was, it was close to the first time since the premiere 4 hours that the story had anything to do with, y'know, Jack's 20 months of torture in a Chinese prison.

Despite the shitty ending, It give's the writers the freedom to revamp the show like they promised even if it means that the ratings might be affected as noone is pumped to see next season.....

Eh, I think it's fairly obvious that this was easily the worst season of 24. And this finale did nothing to really help it. That being said, this season definately had its moments and left we with hope that it can return to greatness next season.

I did really enjoy the ending though. I thought the confrontation between Jack and Heller was fantastic. Jack finally had a "what about me?" moment. And I liked the moment between Jack and Audrey as well. I've always enjoyed the relationship bewteen them and thought Audrey brought a big boost to the show from season 4 on. And I think Kim Raver is so good in the role, and have never understood why so much criticism is leveled at her. As for Jack's tender moment at her bed side tonight, it was perfect. It is completely understandable why he feels so deeply for her. Over the course of the last few years, everyone he loved has either died or abandoned him. But not Audrey. She risked her life and was captured and tortured by the Chinese all to try and get Jack back. No one else fought for him like that. Not Chloe. Not his father-figure Heller. Not Bill B. Not the President whose life he personally saved. As for the very ending with Jack gazing off into the sunrise, I thought it worked too. In addition to it working for what he had just done with Audrey, leaving him to ponder "what do I do now?" I was glad they went with a less eventful ending like they did with season 3.

The way I see it, we can either complain about all of the unanswered questions and the plotholes and the haphazard, somewhat shoddy storytelling, and the ponderous, maudlin ending or we can remember some of the good moments that this season of 24 brought to us...like Jack Bauer kicking a guy so hard he exploded. Yeah...that was pretty damn cool.

This was the perfect ending if it leads to Jack becoming Steven Saunders, otherwise eh. Saw a glimpse of it with him asking somewhat selfish questions for the first time.

They need to do something to change up the formula.