TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

24 - Season 6

I don't think they have the balls to do that.

But watching CTU try to stop Jack when it's obvious that he's one step ahead of them would be highly entertaining.

Jack in a Saunders role would have to be in the final season, which last I read, there will be a season 8. If they ever did that, they need to build up someone at CTU as the replacement Jack. Looks like Doyle won't be coming back as a field agent, and it's too bad that Tony's dead.

As it is, I liked the ending. I actually thought Heller might get killed any second, and Jack finally venting about everything was great.

I loved that ending, and I'm glad it finally acknowledged a lot of stuff that had been simmering in Jack for a while. Season 7 has to be a completely new show, or else I think it will lose a lot of viewers. It can't be more CTU drama mixed with President drama mixed with Jack action, especially if they're going to recycle old plots like they did this year.

From TV Guide about Season 7...

COEXECUTIVE PRODUCER MANNY COTO SAYS: Jack [Kiefer Sutherland] starts next season in a very different place than any season so far. Let's put it this way: I wouldn't be surprised if there's no CTU next year. CTU has become almost too comfortable, you know? "We need to carry out this operation - Chloe, grab Satellite X and get us a feed!" That's gone. We're pulling the rug out from under our characters. It's a pretty radical shift - a totally different context with a totally different villain. There will not be a ticking clock on a nuclear device. We're hewing much closer to real life: tighter, more personal, more difficult for Jack. There may even be a plot thread that doesn't take place on U.S. soil. In a sense, it's a reboot - in location and personnel. We're going to be introducing a new stable of characters, along with a couple of old ones. Jack's not living under an alias. He's found a place he thinks he belongs and a job he enjoys doing that doesn't involve the government. What's also refreshing is the choice of villain: it's not a Muslim terrorist. In fact, it's not a terrorist at all. And the character is fascinating, someone with a supremely dark past who's done something horrific. And whose ambition is to regain his stature in the world. I just can't say enough how exciting it is, it's going to be pretty damn cool.

Um, fuck yes.

The finally was good but it needed to be AWSOME to tie up this season. And yeah, I loved the end. I thought jack was going to kill Heller which kept me on the edge of the seat. The staring off into the sunrise thing was stupid though. Mostly because they were trying to make it seem like Jack was about to kill himself (shots of him with the gun looking over the edge at the rocks below) and we know that wasn't going to happen. I haven't had a problem with Kim Raver from the start, because her and her dad tried to kill themselves instead of letting america look weak within the her first few hours on the show. Thats gangsta. I didn't care about Chole being pregnant and Doyles crying like a bitch was kinda funny.

I am not sure what they were trying to go for with Milo's ninja brother though. Guess thats just another question mark.

The Daniels character was probably the best thing about this season all around. He went through so many shifts it was just cool, and they had the perfect actor to pull it off.

I'm intrigued by those ideas for the next season.

As for this season, I have to say that my favorite character was Lennox. I thought he was such a well written character. I still laugh when I think about his "No Karen, I tripped over your ineptitude" line. I'll miss him next season.

I wonder if this new setting will bring about the return of Chase? Maybe whatever he has moved on to, Jack can do as well.

That last scene kind of indicated Jack had given up trying a relationship with anyone because he's knows it'll just endanger them (three of them are dead, one has gone crazy). So, hopefully his love life won't be taking up much time next season and he'll be all business.

For Day 7, they're having to go back to what they did pre-Day 4 and write the whole season ahead of time after a failed "in africa" (I have no idea..) storyline got the axe due to costs to actually film in Africa and the possible Writers strike as well. Day 7 wont start filming until Monday September 10th at which point the scripts for the whole season will be finished.

I definitely think this could be a good thing.

Apparently Season 7 finally moves away from LA and takes place in Washington, DC with a female president and no CTU. I'm one of the few who didn't completely hate last season, so either way, I'm still looking forward to it.

An africa storyline would have ruled. I'm glad for the location change.

Jack vs a Lion!

Kim vs. The Cougar part 2!

This time the cougar has home field advantage!

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The clock is ticking for

actress-comedian Janeane Garofalo: She's

joining the cast of the Fox TV drama "24."

Garofalo

will play an FBI systems analyst when "24," which stars Kiefer Sutherland as a counterterrorism agent, returns in January for its seventh season, the network said Tuesday.

Her character, Janis Gold

is assigned to a team investigating a crisis that hits Sutherland's Jack Bauer and his colleagues, Fox said.

uh...

CTU gets blown up.........again!

Not quite..

Read!

exerpt -

Within the universe of the show, “CTU has been dismantled by a corrupt bureaucracy,” Fury said. “Instead, we'll be focusing on FBI headquarters in Washington.”

Theres a lot of good stuff in that article...including this ...

At Comic-Con in July, the show’s producers also floated the idea of

bringing back Tony Almeida (Carlos Bernard)

, but that concept is still in the rumor stage.

how?

how?

:huh:

how?

:huh:

Why the :huh: ? Tony's dead.

While Tony SHOULD be dead...there was only a couple hours left in day 5...who knows what happened after that. Maybe he was in a coma like state...I dunno.

Tony was the shit.

I agree that Tony was pretty badass. I remember marking out pretty big when he saved Jack/Audrey at the security compound and took them back to his place to watch futbol.