TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

WWE announces 2007 DVDs

Marty, NAO is what a traditional tag team should be a pair of lowcard wrestlers who can never get over as single wrestlers Road Dogg did all of the talking and Billy Gunn did the power moves its the classic case of the sum is greater than the parts where they would cover for each other's weakness.

No argument there.

BTW, since I can't find any American sites (Amazon, Highspots, WWE.com, etc.) that have this, here's the front of the Powerful Families DVD. I'm guessing it'll be a 1.5-2 hour documentary with 4-4.5 hours of extras, whereas the Ladder Match DVD will be one of those 3 disc main programs filled with full matches.

PowerfulFamilies.jpg

Since Bret Hart is mentioned, my guess can only be that we can finally get Hart Vs. Michaels from the ladder match in 1992. God, I've been wanting to see that match on DVD FOREVER!

I saw that Bret/Shawn ladder match from 1992 on an old VHS release from years ago. It's pretty primitive stuff compared to even the WM X match. A curio but not much more.

According to a guy on amazon.com who got it from a guy on wrestlecrap who claims to have gotten it from Meltzer, this is the match listing for the ladder match DVD.

Hart/Michaels - 1992

Ramon/Michaels - Wrestlemania X

Ramon/Michaels - Summerslam 95

Triple H/Rock - Summerslam 98

Mankind/Rock - Raw February 99

Austin/Shane & Vince - King of the Ring 1999

Hardyz/Edge & Christian - No Mercy 99

E & C/Dudleyz/Hardyz - Wrestlemania 2000

TLC 1 - Summerslam 2000

Hardys/Edge & Christian - Raw TNN Debut 9/00

Jarrett/Benoit - WCW Starrcade 99

Jericho/Benoit - Royal Rumble 01

TLC II - Mania 17

TLC III - Smackdown May 01

RVD/Jeff Hardy - Summerslam 01

Edge/Christian = No Mercy 01

Rob Van Dam/Eddie Guerrero - Raw May 02

Undertaker/Jeff Hardy - July Raw 02

TLC IV - October Raw 02

Money In The Bank - Wrestlemania 21

Rey Mysterio/Eddie - Summerslam 05

Edge/Matt Hardy - Raw Homecoming

TLC V (Edge/Flair) - Raw January 06

Money In The bank II - Wrestlemania 22

TLC VI (Cena/Edge) - Unforgiven 06

Jeff Hardy/Johnny Nitro - Raw November 06

Armageddon 06 4 way

Has anybody else heard the same/different?

It seems unlikely they'll be able to cram that huge list on 3 discs. Possibly that guy's just listing every damn ladder match he can remember and hoping they put them on the dvd. Nonetheless, if they manage to put the majority of those into the set then it'll be one sweet dvd.

It seems unlikely they'll be able to cram that huge list on 3 discs. Possibly that guy's just listing every damn ladder match he can remember and hoping they put them on the dvd. Nonetheless, if they manage to put the majority of those into the set then it'll be one sweet dvd.

It'll probably be like the Cage Match DVD they put out. Infact, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be exactly like it, only without Coach hosting. A featurette on the history of the Ladder Match with highlights of all those matches, then maybe 8-10 in complete form.

It'll probably be like the Cage Match DVD they put out. Infact, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be exactly like it, only without Coach hosting. A featurette on the history of the Ladder Match with highlights of all those matches, then maybe 8-10 in complete form.

The DVD is listed at 540 minutes. Divide that by the 27 matches listed and you get 20 minutes per match. Most ladder matches don't go 20 minutes. If entrances are taken out, we could get all the matches in full plus about an hour of interviews.

An hour of Edge, Jeff & Matt Hardy, Shawn Micheals, Foley, RVD talking would be nice then add the usual suspects that are in every dvd feature like JR, McMahon, Brisco, Patterson, HHH and call it a day.

I doubt that. I can honestly see the Ladder Match DVD being a 9 hour (or so) main program, filled with complete ladder matches (similar to the WWE Championship DVD, the Hulk Hogan Anthology, etc.).

The Families DVD, on the other hand, will probably be a 2 hour (or so) documentary, with 4 hours of extras.

Taken from amazon.com, this is the product description for the Ladder Match dvd, it seems to confirm that there'll be TLC matches included:

Product Description

Follow the evolution of the ladder match and how it has come to be one of the most popular professional wrestling events today. From the earliest ladder matches through TLC and the 6-man Money in the Bank WrestleMania tradition, some of the craziest and most violent ladder matches are included.

And while we're at it, amazon.com is also listing the new 3-disc Steve Austin dvd for November 20th, titled "Stone Cold Steve Austin's Life & Legacy". Here's the description:

A career-spanning retrospective of the Rattlesnake that highlights Austin’s amazing career and his legendary rivalries with Bret Hart, The Rock, Mick Foley, Triple H, Kurt Angle, Undertaker, Kane, Scott Hall, Eddie Guerrero and more. Stone Cold Steve Austin’s Life and Legacy will also include footage and matches from WCW, ECW, and his Smokey Mountain days.

Interesting to say the least.

Anyone got any news on the Mania 23 DVD? I thought I saw a crawler on Raw that they were going to be releasing a "limited edition" version, and the box art looked really weird, like it was a gift set with a ring surrounding the DVD box or something. Did anyone else see that on Monday?

According to a guy on amazon.com who got it from a guy on wrestlecrap who claims to have gotten it from Meltzer, this is the match listing for the ladder match DVD.

Hart/Michaels - 1992

Ramon/Michaels - Wrestlemania X

Ramon/Michaels - Summerslam 95

Triple H/Rock - Summerslam 98

Mankind/Rock - Raw February 99

Austin/Shane & Vince - King of the Ring 1999

Hardyz/Edge & Christian - No Mercy 99

E & C/Dudleyz/Hardyz - Wrestlemania 2000

TLC 1 - Summerslam 2000

Hardys/Edge & Christian - Raw TNN Debut 9/00

Jarrett/Benoit - WCW Starrcade 99

Jericho/Benoit - Royal Rumble 01

TLC II - Mania 17

TLC III - Smackdown May 01

RVD/Jeff Hardy - Summerslam 01

Edge/Christian = No Mercy 01

Rob Van Dam/Eddie Guerrero - Raw May 02

Undertaker/Jeff Hardy - July Raw 02

TLC IV - October Raw 02

Money In The Bank - Wrestlemania 21

Rey Mysterio/Eddie - Summerslam 05

Edge/Matt Hardy - Raw Homecoming

TLC V (Edge/Flair) - Raw January 06

Money In The bank II - Wrestlemania 22

TLC VI (Cena/Edge) - Unforgiven 06

Jeff Hardy/Johnny Nitro - Raw November 06

Armageddon 06 4 way

Has anybody else heard the same/different?

:headbang: :cheers:

Anyone got any news on the Mania 23 DVD? I thought I saw a crawler on Raw that they were going to be releasing a "limited edition" version, and the box art looked really weird, like it was a gift set with a ring surrounding the DVD box or something. Did anyone else see that on Monday?

I've found somewhat conflicting info regarding the WM23 dvd from amazon.com and silvervision as well. The "Ultimate Limited Edition" set is a special (and more expensive) tin case with a different cover than the regular set. Silvervision lists both as 3-discs sets with the HOF Ceremony included plus other extras, but amazon only lists the Limited Edition as 3-discs. I plan on getting whatever set has 3-discs, but if both do then I'm getting the less expensive non-tin-cased one.

--We've got the match listing for the upcoming "Ladder Match" 2 disc DVD WWE is putting out. In the biggest news, they only have one minute of clips of the match which really put ladder matches on the map, the Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon match from Wrestlemania X. They also only have short clips of the Wrestlemania 16 ladder match. Interviews were done with Michaels, Jeff Hardy, Edge, Gregory Helms, Chris Benoit, Kane (totally in character), Shelton Benjamin, Ric Flair, Johnny Nitro and Joey Mercury. Unbelievable first match:

Jake Roberts vs. Big Daddy Ritter from Stampede Wrestling in 1979 for the North American title. Yes, it's Jake vs. JYD

Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels 1992

Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon 1995 SummerSlam match

HHH vs. Rock 1998 SummerSlam match

New Brood vs. Edge & Christian 1999 No Mercy

Edge & Christian vs. Dudleys vs. Hardys 2000 Summer Slam TLC match

Shannon Moore & Shane Helms vs. Jamie Noble & Evan Karagis vs. Kaz Hayashi & Jimmy Yang 12/17/00 dying days of WCW

Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho 2001 Royal Rumble

Hardys vs. Dudleys vs. Edge & Christian Wrestlemania 17

Jericho & Benoit vs. Hardys vs. Dudleys vs. Edge & Christian (Smackdown match where Benoit injured his neck and was out for a year)

Edge vs. Christian 2001 No Mercy

RVD vs. Eddie Guerrero Raw 2002

Undertaker vs. Jeff Hardy Raw 2002

Kane & Hurricane vs. RVD & Jeff Hardy vs. Bubba & Spike Dudley vs Jericho & Christian Raw 2002

Jericho vs. Christian Unforgiven 2004

Jericho vs. Benoit vs. Benjamin vs. Edge vs. Christian vs. Kane in first ever Money in the Bank match

Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero for custody of Dominick with debut of Vickie Guerrero as a character 2005 SummerSlam

Matt Hardy vs. Edge loser leaves town from Raw 2005

Ric Flair vs. Edge TLC match 2006 Raw

John Cena vs. Edge TLC match 2006 Unforgiven

Jeff Hardy vs. Johnny Nitro 2006 Raw

London & Kendrick vs. Regal & Taylor vs. MNM vs. Hardys Armageddon 2006

The "unbelievable first match" part in the last sentence of the intro. You know it was reeking of sarcasm. You know like a history of ladder matches and JYD is included and in the first match of all things

The "unbelievable first match" part in the last sentence of the intro. You know it was reeking of sarcasm. You know like a history of ladder matches and JYD is included and in the first match of all things

Or maybe it's just not a good example of a ladder match.

Exactly. Dave is saying "JYD is in it, how could it possibly be good? I mean JYD is bad in a regular match, but in a ladder match? "Imagine how bad he could be there"

Dave is saying "JYD is in it, how could it possibly be good? I mean JYD is bad in a regular match, but in a ladder match? "Imagine how bad he could be there"

You got that from, "Unbelievable first match"?

Dave's history on commenting on JYD mostly. And usual Meltzer sarcasm. Were you taking that he thought it would be a legit great match?

IMO the only omissions I feel are Rock vs Mankind from RAW and E&C vs Hardys (first RAW on TNN). Other than that this should be another awesome dvd set. And isn't it supposed to be 3 discs? HTQs' post reads 2 discs only.

I took it as "its an unbelievable first match on the DVD since its probably not what you were expecting".

I'm surprised they are acknowledging that ladder matches took place before WM X.

Dames