TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

WWE announces 2007 DVDs

I just took it as Dave thought it was unbelievable that such a match would be on a WWE DVD, not just because of how obscure it is but because you wouldn't expect to see those two in a ladder match with one another and because it's just surprising to see WWE acknowledge that ladder matches existed before HBK made them popular.

I'm surprised they are acknowledging that ladder matches took place before WM X.

Bret Hart's name is on the cover art so you knew he'd be featured at least in one match, maybe not his Stampede ones but at least his first one with HBK. I, for one am happy they included that match, as it's a totally different beast than what ladder matches are today, more focused on the drama of the climbing rather than the huge bumps. Great stuff.

A career-spanning retrospective of the Rattlesnake that highlights Austin’s amazing career and his legendary rivalries with Bret Hart, The Rock, Mick Foley, Triple H, Kurt Angle, Undertaker, Kane, Scott Hall, Eddie Guerrero and more. Stone Cold Steve Austin’s Life and Legacy will also include footage and matches from WCW, ECW, and his Smokey Mountain days.

I don't recall Steve Austin ever being in SMW.

Well, I guess it is like the Cage Match DVD. Yay me?

Nope. The matches, I still say, ARE the main program (except if one or two are extras for whatever reason). From what Dave seemed to say, the interviews will take place briefly between matches, as well as highlights of some matches (such as the WM10 one).

I wonder why they didn't stick the Bret Hart vs. Bad News Allen ladder match from Stampede Wrestling on there.

Because Bret Hart owns that footage. He bought his own Stampede footage some time after Vince bought the WCW library, because he knew it was the only footage of his career he'd ever have any shot of owning. Any Stampede footage on Bret's DVD is stuff Bret simply loaned to them to include, as far as I know.

At least they have TLC II from Smackdown on the set. It seems like it is the forgotten match from the TLC series.

I want to forget TLC 4 and Money-in-the-bank 2 and 3. My bad memory can only remembers Steve Austin in WCCW, USWA, CWF, WCW, ECW, WWF maybe JR got his man-crush on Stone Cold at Smokey Mountain Wrestling.

You would think they would show the Mania X ladder match as a given - very odd. Same with the ladder match from Mania 2000 - those were two very memorable and "landmark" WWE ladder matches in its' history. I don't get it. Especially when they have the rather lackluster Ramon-HBK rematch from SS 95 on there. Not sure who all read Michaels' book, but apparently the rule in that match was that they were not to use the ladder as a weapon at all. Haven't seen it in years so can't comment if that was really the case or not.

I think the reason for the exclusion of the WM X match is because it's available elsewhere (WM Anthology, Shawn Michaels DVD). On one hand, it deserves inclusion on a DVD devoted to Ladder Matches; on the other hand, if it's available elsewhere, why bother putting it on here? That's something a number of collectors have complained about, and it seems they're at least listening. It can only help increase profits, too.

I think the reason for the exclusion of the WM X match is because it's available elsewhere (WM Anthology, Shawn Michaels DVD). On one hand, it deserves inclusion on a DVD devoted to Ladder Matches; on the other hand, if it's available elsewhere, why bother putting it on here? That's something a number of collectors have complained about, and it seems they're at least listening. It can only help increase profits, too.

Agreed. The Wrestlemania matches are so widely available that they've become overexposed.

Follow the evolution of the Ladder Match and see how it has evolved into one of the most popular matches in WWE today. From the first Ladder Match with Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon at WrestleMania X to the inaugural Money in the Bank Ladder Match that took place at WrestleMania 21, witness why the Ladder Match has become a staple in WWE.

-WWE.com

I have a feeling the most recent match listing is wrong, unless it's been definitely confirmed. Then I guess WWE just messed up or changed their minds.

Follow the evolution of the ladder match and how it has come to be one of the most popular professional wrestling events today. From the earliest ladder matches through TLC and the 6-man Money in the Bank WrestleMania tradition, some of the craziest and most violent ladder matches are included.

That's from the amazon.com page, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Would anyone be shocked if they tried to claim Shawn/Bret happened after WMX?

They're not that stupid. Bret was IC Champ for that ladder match with HBK, and everyone knows Bret left as WWF Champ at WMX, so there's no way those timelines can be confused.

I think the Horsemen DVD is great and everyone should buy it.

Just did. I'll probably watch it this weekend.

lol just got it today at work, good thing too that I got a raincheck for it, cuz we stopped giving rainchecks AGAIN as of this week. yet to watch it.

if the wm 23 in the tin in is the one woth the hof of course Ill get it , but if not, well Ill have to see the prices first.

Now that Michaels/Ramon from SummerSlam is on the ladder DVD, hopefully Austin/Bret from Survivor Series is on the Austin DVD, then most of the classic WWF matches from the past 15 years or so will be on DVD. Now all we need is Michaels/Jarrett.

A career-spanning retrospective of the Rattlesnake that highlights Austin’s amazing career and his legendary rivalries with Bret Hart, The Rock, Mick Foley, Triple H, Kurt Angle, Undertaker, Kane, Scott Hall, Eddie Guerrero and more. Stone Cold Steve Austin’s Life and Legacy will also include footage and matches from WCW, ECW, and his Smokey Mountain days.

I don't recall Steve Austin ever being in SMW.

I don't remember this either. Maybe they mean USWA when he was feuding with Chris Adams?

I watched the main feature on the Horsemen DVD over the weekend. I won't rehash what everyone else has said, because it really is a great production. My only minor complaint is that they really gloss over a lot of stuff...everything after 1990 or so is blown off pretty quickly. I know they don't like Sid, but it would've been nice if they could have at least shown why he was included in the Horsemen in the first place, even if he was a crappy worker. Just more attention to stuff like that would've been cool. Also, the DVD made it sound like Arn, Tully, and Flair accomlished absolutely nothing in their WWF stints, which was really weird, too. At least they did acknowledge the final incarnations with Mongo, Benoit, Malenko, etc.

I'm looking forward to watching the matches on the rest of the DVD, though.

I just bought the Royal Rumble 2007 dvd (used) from amazon.com and much to my surprise my dvd came with an extra disc with the following:

John Cena and Umaga contract signing from RAW.

Shawn Michaels vs Edge Street Fight from RAW.

Undertaker vs Mr. Kennedy from SD!

Lashley vs RVD vs Test from ECW on Sci-Fi

Apparently this was a Blockbuster Video exclusive, since it says so on the cover art. Anyone knows about any other exclusives like this on other WWE dvds? This was a most welcome surprise for sure.

That feature on the horsemen dvd might be the best feature they have had on a dvd yet.Great stuff from everyone. I rewatched the segment where flair reforms the horsemen on nitro and it is still awesome. You would think it was the pontiac silverdome by how loud the crowd was.Fire me!I'm already fired! One of the best moments ever from nitro.

I just bought the Royal Rumble 2007 dvd (used) from amazon.com and much to my surprise my dvd came with an extra disc with the following:

Apparently this was a Blockbuster Video exclusive, since it says so on the cover art. Anyone knows about any other exclusives like this on other WWE dvds? This was a most welcome surprise for sure.

Blockbuster has done exclusives for Royal Rumble and No Way Out 07 now. I knw the second disc of No Way Out had an 8-man tag (I think Cena/HBK/Taker/Batista vs. Edge/Orton/Kennedy/MVP from the Thursday RAW) and I think one other match.

Blockbuster has done exclusives for Royal Rumble and No Way Out 07 now. I knw the second disc of No Way Out had an 8-man tag (I think Cena/HBK/Taker/Batista vs. Edge/Orton/Kennedy/MVP from the Thursday RAW) and I think one other match.

I'm pretty sure that match you mention is one of the extras on the regular NWO2007 dvd, not for an additional disc. It'd be great if someone could confirm this and if there's actually a special NWO2007 dvd with an extra disc.

I'm pretty sure that match you mention is one of the extras on the regular NWO2007 dvd, not for an additional disc. It'd be great if someone could confirm this and if there's actually a special NWO2007 dvd with an extra disc.

I own the NWO with the extra disc... I just haven't looked at it in a while, so I got mixed up. Just popped the disc in. It has the two big matches from Smackdown on 2/16. The non-title HBK/John Cena vs. MVP/Kennedy and the UT/Batista vs. Rated RKO.