TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

WWE announces 2007 DVDs

I find it odd there's no Carlito vs Nitro match on the DVD, if they're going to start doing PPV dark matches again (and apparently they have been since Mania - Carlito/Nitro at Backlash, Kane/Regal at JD) they should put them on the DVD. Maybe it's on the Blockbuster edition.

I love the fake ECW theme on 24/7, it'll be cool to have it on DVD.

Nope. Blockbuster edition just has Santino winning the IC Title and Lashley/Umaga from 4/24 ECW.

Are there any more extras on the Blockbuster version of WM 23 besides the Trump / McMahon contract signing and the 8 Man Tag match from ECW?

The extras on the regular Backlash 2007 DVD are:

Todd Grisham Interviews Mr. Kennedy

Rob Van Dam comments on Mr. McMahon becoming the ECW World Champion

Are there any more extras on the Blockbuster version of WM 23 besides the Trump / McMahon contract signing and the 8 Man Tag match from ECW?

The extras on the regular Backlash 2007 DVD are:

Todd Grisham Interviews Mr. Kennedy

Rob Van Dam comments on Mr. McMahon becoming the ECW World Champion

Nope. In the case of the Blockbuster sets, they are the regular editions, with the second disc featuring two items of Blockbuster exclusive content. For Wrestlemania, seeing the set is 2 disc anyway, it is the same as the regular two-disc, except for bonus features they have the contract signing and the 8-man as the two extras.

did the most powerful familes in wrestling dvd come out or is it coming out in the week or so? Highspots.com doesn't have it on their pre-order list anymore, so I'm just curious.

To answer that question, yes.

I think the official release date is this Tuesday, however, along with the Ladder Match 3 disc. I bought both tonight at Borders, where I work. Like some books, some DVD's have a release date, but not a strict, on sale "Lay Down" date like say, Harry Potter or (this week) Norbit. So, we put them out early, and I bought them, since full timers get a free gift card each month.

I haven't watched the "Families" DVD yet, but I watched the first disc of the Ladder Match set. The Bret/Shawn match was good, in a first ever WWF Ladder Match kind of way. You could tell they wanted to do more, but didn't want to push it. They glaze over the WM X Shawn/Razor match, but have an interview with Shawn about it, which was a nice touch. Funny thing, they didn't edit out the "Barry Didinsky" merchandise promo (standing outside the ring, pushing the Shawn Michaels "glasses" and "poster") at the beginning of the Shawn/Razor SSlam rematch, but they blacked out the phone number and muted it when he said it. With all the edits they do nowadays, you'd think that would be an easy one, but I guess not.

For the Hardcore Edition of Foley's Grestest Hits and Misses, does Foley sit down and talk about his recent matches like on the other two discs or is it the matches just slapped on there?

For the Hardcore Edition of Foley's Grestest Hits and Misses, does Foley sit down and talk about his recent matches like on the other two discs or is it the matches just slapped on there?

He introduces the matches and Foley and Joey Styles actually call the matches and Mick gives his opinons and memories of the matches.

Guest flairfan

I liked the Interview with Ric Flair about his 1st Ladder match with Edge on Disc 3. Of course the match is on it too. Pretty good match considering how old Flair is.

Just picked up the ladder dvd for $18 at Kmart. It looks all kinds of awesome. How many sets offer around a DOZEN four-star matches (debatable I know). I haven't seen quite a few of these, so it should be fun.

Only mad that the Ladder Match DVD doesn't have The Rcok vs Mankind from the 2-15-99 RAW.

Is there a list of matches somewhere for the Horsemen DVD. I could have gotten it today but the matches weren't on the box.

Anderson/Blanchard/Flair vs. Whatley/Stallion/King (6/22/85)

Flair vs. Morton (Cage Match)

Blanchard vs. Rhodes (Starrcade '86)

War Games (Great American Bash show, 1988)

Anderson/Blanchard vs. Sting/Koloff (Great American Bash 1988)

Anderson/Blanchard vs. Windham/Luger (Clash I)

Anderson vs. Flair (Fall Brawl '95)

Only mad that the Ladder Match DVD doesn't have The Rock vs Mankind from the 2-15-99 RAW.

Yeah, that match and Hardys vs Edge & Christian from the first RAW on TNN. That would've made the dvd just about perfect, IMO.

I don't think it's out yet. When I went looking for the Ladder dvd, I didn't see the familes dvd at Fry's or Best Buy, so I don't think it's out yet.

The families DVD is out, but I skipped it in favor of the Ladder Matches DVD for now, since I figured it was probably just a lot of kayfabe nonsense like the Managers DVD that came out last year.

The Ladder Match dvd is a fine product although a dvd devoted to one specific type of match, as you would expect can become monotonous especially when comparing the true quality matches against the inferior ones. The appeal is possibly to see the evolution of the spot mentality and the focus drawing away from the story-telling into full blown spot-bump matches. I’ve only observed the first disc which includes drastic differences in match techniques from the rudimentary and rough open match that was quite an interesting match for historical purposes and it wasn’t bad for a JYD match.

That’s when you shift into the Michaels' matches, where you slowly see more and more bumps becoming institutional in these matches. I really enjoyed the WCW ladder match more then other tag-team matches on the first disc. Perhaps it was because it seemed fresher as we’re not used to seeing Helms, Knoble, Yang and Moore involved in spot-fest matches anymore in WWE not to mention it had a different feel from the other matches. It wasn’t the best match, far from it, but from watching these, I got the most out of it because it really was different in the involved participates and execution.

I enjoyed how loaded the collection is as it hits the essential matches and even offered a couple gems as well, while avoiding overkill with the WMX match since at this point, it must be the most re-used match after Andre-Hogan and HBK-Shawn WM12.

It should be pointed out that Edge (9), Jeff Hardy (8) and Christian (8) are all over this dvd. That’s almost half of the entire collection. 22 Matches and nine involved the same guy. While it certaintly puts Edge over as the Master of the Ladder, it’s also overkill. I can’t help but think there had to be a couple better choices to offer different people.

While these might not have been better matches, they could have been used in order to provide a different presentation of styles.

Bret Hart Vs Bad News Allen -July 1983

Eddie Guerrero Vs Syxx-Souled Out 1997

Jeff Jarrett Vs Chris Benoit-Starrcade 1999

Jung Dragons Vs 3 Count-July 2000 (Nitro)

Justin Credible Vs Tommy Dreamer (Stairway to Hell-Heat Wave 2000)*

Sandman Vs Steve Corino Vs Justin Credible- TLCC-Guilty as Charged 2000*

*This is to show the variation of the ladder match and to use the ECW name in this collection.

I just felt a couple matches weren’t all that necessary (specifically Nitro-Hardy, Christian-Edge and Christian-Jericho) and involving another WCW match and including ECW into the collection would have been great. It’s a pretty good collection overall and seeing how full this collection is makes me wish they could have done the same with the cage match DVD.

The Ladder Match DVD is probably the best compilation DVD the WWE has put out so far. There are 21 matches that runs for 9 hours. They have all of the TLC matches on this set, I remember when I first got into WWF the ladder match was my favorite (I always enjoy a good one on one non-gimmick wrestling match too).

The 3 dvd set is basically just matches, Todd Grisham is the host & talks about 30 seconds to about a minute (not that long) before the matches.. People like Jeff Hardy, Edge, John Cena, Kane, Gregory Helms, Benoit, Shelton, & MNM (not Melina) come & talk about their matches. This was before Joey got fired from WWE.

WWE blurs out the WWF logo for the Attitude matches, which they have too. I think there are some generic themes on the dvd for some superstars (someone that really knows can say). It just has the "play now" & chapter selection. No extras, but does it need it? No, the matches are enough, I remember wanting all TLC matches on one DVD. There are some good matches left off the DVD like Benoit Vs. Jarrett from Starrcade 1999 and RVD Vs. Christian from RAW in 2003, but I am happy with what I got.

He introduces the matches and Foley and Joey Styles actually call the matches and Mick gives his opinons and memories of the matches.

Damn it. Looks like I'll be double dipping then.

For those who want Edge's latest title win on DVD, looks like you will need to head to Blockbuster.

The Blockbuster Exclusive Disc only features the Batista vs. Undertaker Cage Match. The case says featuring two bonus matches, so I assume that it just runs into the Edge win.

The Bonus Features on the Regular, Feature Disc are:

Teddy Long and Kristal celebrate with MVP and his entourage

The New Breed Story (a brief segment with clips and studio interviews with CM Punk and Elijah Burke, still only a minute or two tops though)

Randy Orton Interview

So, to get the Edge win, it is part of the Blockbuster Exclusive. Judgment Day comes to DVD next Tuesday, June 19th.