TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

WWE announces 2007 DVDs

Somebody probably explained this already, but on the Horseman DVD, why is there no commentary for WarGames and the Flair-Morton cage match?

Might be worth it to get that Blockbuster edition, even if the PPV itself wasn't that great. Dude, where do you get all that extra disc info?

I worked at Blockbuster for a long time during high school and beyond. They needed some help at my old store like a year back, so I go in and work one day a week there. It still lets me get the free rentals and the discount. The free rentals include renting the stuff before it comes. Our rental copies of Judgment Day showed up yesterday, so after I picked it up, I popped it in the DVD player to see the extras.

i got the ladder and families set last tuesday when they came out at work. The ladder set is selling well but the families not so well.

JD is out next week already? damn have to buy another dvd. how much will blockbuster sell it for? if its more than 15 bucks then no way, I already have edges title win on dvd since I record all the shows on dvd now (recorded live from digital cable, so the qulaity is quite good)

JD is out next week already? damn have to buy another dvd. how much will blockbuster sell it for? if its more than 15 bucks then no way, I already have edges title win on dvd since I record all the shows on dvd now (recorded live from digital cable, so the qulaity is quite good)

Blockbuster sells it brand new for 19.99, however depending on how many copies your store has, in a few weeks it could be Pre-Viewed for $14.99 or 2 for $20.

i picked up the Ladder Match DVD when it came out its an awesome DVD and easily one of their best, i'd love to see some sort of History of WCW DVD since we've gotten one about ECW, AWA and soon to be WCCW

i picked up the Ladder Match DVD when it came out its an awesome DVD and easily one of their best, i'd love to see some sort of History of WCW DVD since we've gotten one about ECW, AWA and soon to be WCCW

Same here. Although it would most certainly be one of the most negative DVDs they have ever produced.

I'll also add that I was impressed by how much better WWE has become at blurring out the WWF logo. When Mick Foley's DVD came out, they essentially didn't even try and just a blurred squares which really took away from the matches. On the Ladder Match DVD, you hardly even notice the blurs once the matches get started.

Same here. Although it would most certainly be one of the most negative DVDs they have ever produced.

I dunno, the Flair, Horseman and Monday Night War DVDs cover a lot of the big events that happened in WCW (the Crockett days, Nitro, the NWO....that's pretty much it) with the major players in those days (Flair, Bischoff, etc.).

I wish they'd release a better nWo set.

But then again I'm a strange one like that...and with Hogan on the outs, Nash in TNA, and Hall...well, wherever Hall went off to...it's not likely to happen any time soon.

In terms of boxed sets, a "Greatest Rivalries" set would be a pretty good watch. I thought I heard someone mention something about a set like that, but it might have just been someone else suggesting it.

They should do a "WCW Superstars of the '90s" set, similar to the 80s set they did a few years ago. Take guys like Sting, Vader, Ric Flair, Goldberg, the Steiners, Dallas Page, Ron Simmons, etc., and give them a short segment and 2-3 matches apiece. They could put the '92 Wargames on there, Flair/Vader from Starrcade, Steiners vs. Sting/Luger, Steamboat/Rhodes vs. Anderson/Zbyszko, etc.

I wish they'd release a better nWo set.

But then again I'm a strange one like that...and with Hogan on the outs, Nash in TNA, and Hall...well, wherever Hall went off to...it's not likely to happen any time soon.

I full heartly agree with you about that. The Back In Black dvd had a lot of potential, but for whatever reason WWE didn't make it as it should have been and really only covered the WWE stint of the nWo. WWE really screwed that one up.

I got JD at CC cuz th elocal blockbuster didnt have t for some reaosn no biggee, it was cheaper that way anyhow. Well on the bright side, they didnt edit out Ozzys song, and the extra where CM Punk explained why he joined the New Breed was well done, and in fact should have aired on TV before the ppv. I only watched the Flair match so far cuz the cable guy had to come cuz I wa shaving problems with my wwe on demand service. now I gotta got to works soon, so Ill have to watch it TOM. night or something

In terms of boxed sets, a "Greatest Rivalries" set would be a pretty good watch. I thought I heard someone mention something about a set like that, but it might have just been someone else suggesting it.

Agreed. I would love to see the Rock/HHH rivalry chronicled, chapter for chapter.

Was TLC II previously released on a DVD when WWE sucked at blurring the scratch logo? It looks AWFUL on the Ladder Match DVD, especially compared to the fairly unnoticeable blurring in TLC 3.

Also, caught this news blurb on WO.com today:

"Some new WWE DVD releases on 7/3 are Superstars of WCW, WWE Legends and John Cena (5 disc) "

5 disc John Cena dvd? Wow, if true, then maybe we can expect some of his OVW stuff perhaps? Possibly matches with Randy Orton and Leviathan (Batista)? Surely there's no shortage of material for 5 discs. If the New D-X got 3 discs out of their 7 month reunion and made the set one of the year's biggest sellers for WWE (despite everyone here hating it) then I can see how they can plan this kind of dvd treatment for Cena. Just watch all the kids eat it up and the rest of the IWC cry.

Was TLC II previously released on a DVD when WWE sucked at blurring the scratch logo? It looks AWFUL on the Ladder Match DVD, especially compared to the fairly unnoticeable blurring in TLC 3.

Also, caught this news blurb on WO.com today:

"Some new WWE DVD releases on 7/3 are Superstars of WCW, WWE Legends and John Cena (5 disc) "

5 Discs?!?!?!?

Holy shit.

Even the Undertaker only got 3.

Anyone got more information on this "WCW" dvd? I'm really curious about what is on it, but if Benoit is featured, this may be bad.

But what are the matches on this DVD? I guess WWE is kinda burying WCW again by not promoting it ahead of time.

Anyone got more information on this "WCW" dvd? I'm really curious about what is on it, but if Benoit is featured, this may be bad.

But what are the matches on this DVD? I guess WWE is kinda burying WCW again by not promoting it ahead of time.

why????????

we hate what he did understandably, but you can't erase him from history like every match he ever was in never happened

he was a good wrestler and part of the history of WCW, ECW, and WWE

They can easily just not select matches featuring Benoit. As good as he was, there's no Benoit match that would leave the set incomplete if it weren't included.

That's true. Jericho might be the only one who would come close but he still had a damn good career outside Benoit matches. I mean for any future best of or wrestler collection releases down the road.

It'll be fun to speculate which matches will be featured on the DVD. Hopefully there is a nice selection of cruiserweight matches not featured on other releases. What sucks is we'll likely miss the Billy Kidman/Rey Mysterio vs. Chris Benoit/Dean Malenko vs. Perry Saturn/Raven feud that essentially carried the undercard of WCW through '99.

If anybody gets hurt by Benoit's erasement from history, its Booker, as the best of 7 defined him a singles guy, and his recent stuff with him on SD in the last two years was some of Booker's best.

Blockbuster's Exclusive content for One Night Stand is the Cena/Lashley vs. Shane/Umaga/Khali Handicap Match from RAW and the Boogeyman/Little Boogeyman vs. Finlay/Hornswoggle from Saturday's Night Main Event.

Thanks for the info. What are the regular dvd extras?

They can easily just not select matches featuring Benoit. As good as he was, there's no Benoit match that would leave the set incomplete if it weren't included.

That's true. Jericho might be the only one who would come close but he still had a damn good career outside Benoit matches. I mean for any future best of or wrestler collection releases down the road.

There would be plenty of stuff for a Chris Jericho DVD outside of Chris Benoit. His feud with Juventud Guerrera, his feud with Dean Malenko, his "feud" with Bill Goldberg, his debut in WWE, his feud with Chyna, his Intercontinental title reign, etc. I'm surprised a Chris Jericho DVD hasn't been released before and I hope one is eventually released. If John Cena can warrant five DVDs, they can fill two DVDs with Chris Jericho and not mention Chris Benoit.

There would be plenty of stuff for a Chris Jericho DVD outside of Chris Benoit. His feud with Juventud Guerrera, his feud with Dean Malenko, his "feud" with Bill Goldberg, his debut in WWE, his feud with Chyna, his Intercontinental title reign, etc. I'm surprised a Chris Jericho DVD hasn't been released before and I hope one is eventually released. If John Cena can warrant five DVDs, they can fill two DVDs with Chris Jericho and not mention Chris Benoit.

That feud with Chyna needs to be left off any set and forgotten. That feud was the biggest politically charged joke in a long time, right up there with the Booker vs HHH feud. Now his feud with Malenko and Juvie? Yeah, those were golden. Heck, you could fill one DVD full of Jericho comedy segments and people would buy it up.

Guest krippler27

I think the Legends DVD Box set is all the legends ones that have been release in a box set.

Its 14 DVDs so lets see:

Superstar Graham: 2 DVD

Roddy Piper: 3 DVD

Jake Roberts: 2 DVD

Dusty Rhodes: 3 DVD

Managers DVD: 1 DVD

Legends of 80s: 3 DVDS

This adds to 14 and they all if I recall have the WWE Legends Tag on it.

This could also mean the WCW one is like that

9 DVDS

Flair 3 DVD

Horsemen 2 DVD or Pillman 2 DVD

Dusty 3 DVD

Managers 1 {This one spans both WWE and WCW}

We will have to wait until Tuesday.

I would assume if its any new content then WWEShop would have had something by now:-)

Kevin