TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

WWE announces 2007 DVDs

Also of note, for those who held out on the Royal Rumble Anthology box set, they're releasing a series of 5-disc Rumble sets a la WM Anthology on November 27th. Vol. 1 will cover 88-92 and so on.

*wonders if the 2004 Rumble will only be an hour and a half long*

As the date gets closer to Austin's DVD, anyone heard of match listings. The Survivor Series match vs. Bret MUST finally get on DVD damnit.

Amazon.com had it on pre-order for quite some time and now it's no longer available. The release date was supposed to be late November, and I even think it was supposed to come out at the exact same date that HBK's dvd is coming out now. It's possible it could be delayed or something.

It was originally supposed to be ready to go in August. (The orignal release date, IIRC, was August 7.) I'm guessing it's a similar case as I explained above with Perfect's DVD, even greater in this case as I'm assuming there's at least one match, maybe two, that was planned to have Benoit involved in some way.

Blockbuster exclusive content for Summerslam is listed as:

Punjabi Celebration (Smackdown 7/27/2007)

CM Punk & Boogeyman vs. John Morrison & Big Daddy V (SNME 08/18/2007)

WWE IDOL (RAW 08/13/07)

SOLD!

From PWInsider.com:

- The WWE Summerslam 3-Disc DVD set features the following bonus footage. The WWE Idol Segment from Raw on 8/13, Great Khali's Punjabi Celebration from SD on 7/27, and CM Punk & Boogeyman VS John Morrison & Big Daddy V, from Saturday Night's Main Event on 8/18.

This is the first I've heard about this. Maybe LivingLegend could shed some light on this. Is the BB edition 2 discs or 3 discs?

From PWInsider.com:

- The WWE Summerslam 3-Disc DVD set features the following bonus footage. The WWE Idol Segment from Raw on 8/13, Great Khali's Punjabi Celebration from SD on 7/27, and CM Punk & Boogeyman VS John Morrison & Big Daddy V, from Saturday Night's Main Event on 8/18.

This is the first I've heard about this. Maybe LivingLegend could shed some light on this. Is the BB edition 2 discs or 3 discs?

The Blockbuster is 2-Discs. BBV has been doing 2 discs all year, the regular single disc with a bonus disc of exclusive content. I was surprised cause it is usually just 2 features. I would have to assume they threw some of the stuff on the 3 disc. I heard of the 3 disc Summerslam, going to be like the 3 disc Wrestlemania, but haven't really heard much else.

Supposedly, the tin case edition from FYE is supposed to come with an extra DVD featuring bonus content.

Also of note, for those who held out on the Royal Rumble Anthology box set, they're releasing a series of 5-disc Rumble sets a la WM Anthology on November 27th. Vol. 1 will cover 88-92 and so on.

And this happens nearly a month after I got the full set for only $95.

Guest Vincent Vega

god id love a rock dvd set for promos alone. matches to...i would mark out everytime he threw punches and throw his hand up in the air and then bring it back down again. just for pure entertainment value, no one comes close to him. when does the austin dvd come out?

It was set to come out in August, but now I'm hearing Feb of next year.

ww'ew advertsing the summerslam dvd as 14.99 on sale this week and it doesnt show a different edition, that must be an fye thing after all. anyhow funny note, we got a new batch of the CC exclusive summerslam 3 pack (2004-2006) and in this one they must have gotten lazy or cheap because they have put the original 04 dvd case in there (if you recall I noted the original sets we got in and I bought one of, they recased 04 in a cover which cut out the pic of orton vs benoit and changed the back to list every match except the main event, but the disc inside was the original disc with that match in and the old insert as well)

they still have the little cardboard holder on there that show sthe new cover and match listing though. I nolticed this cuz the new batch was packaged the opposite way with 04 on the top, plus theres an actual sticker on the top of the 04 dvd case saying summerslam 04 (the original sticker I'd say) guess they had a whole lot of extra original dvd sleft and no new ones so said the hell with it.

pissed me off cuz I could have had the original real cover, but at leats the disc was fine I guess. funny though cuz the cardboard holder in all except for one of the sets was covering benoits face.

not worried about the special summerslam too much cuz I have all that stuff recorded on dvd already (though the tin is cool, plus I was there at the nsg raw/snme so it would be nice to have that stuff in true home video dvd quality I guess)

I was looking up some WWE dvd listings, and I believe best buy has a Raw 15th Anniversary DVD listed as three discs I believe. I'll look up the listing again tonight and post it if I can find it again.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...&id=1762229

that's the url for it. It's scheduled for December of this year and says it clocks in at 540 minutes long. So I'm assuming this could be the Best of Raw that many people have been clamoring for.

I was looking up some WWE dvd listings, and I believe best buy has a Raw 15th Anniversary DVD listed as three discs I believe. I'll look up the listing again tonight and post it if I can find it again.

that's the url for it. It's scheduled for December of this year and says it clocks in at 540 minutes long. So I'm assuming this could be the Best of Raw that many people have been clamoring for.

That was one of the DVDs listed in that poll on WWE.com that nobody could find. Suppose the list was real and the DVD was listed as a match compilation.

That was one of the DVDs listed in that poll on WWE.com that nobody could find. Suppose the list was real and the DVD was listed as a match compilation.

I hope this will be better than the Raw X DVD. I have it and it was a pretty terrible disc. Wow, I'm surprised it has already been 5 years since the Raw X DVD.

Guest droptoehold

I must say 2007 has had some pretty good dvd cover art.

This Summerslam is pretty weak tho. Nothing says

"Biggest Party Of The Summer " like a scowling Triple H.

:rolleyes:

What are some of your favorite DVD cover art?

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/product.asp?...p;pf_id=WWE1168

John Cena - My Life DVD (3 Discs)

WWE1168_l.jpg

Since bursting onto the WWE scene in 2002, John Cena has always known how to make an entrance. Watch John Cena: My Life, to see why he is such a master of creating a "big match" atmosphere. This documentary plus matches features are a must for any Cena fan.

This set contains a nearly two hour documentary on John Cena's life and career with contributions from Vince McMahon, Triple H, and John's friends and family.

John Cena's Muscle Car Collection

Matches include:

Randy Orton’s farewell match

The Prototype vs. Randy Orton

OVW 19/1/02

vs. Chris Jericho

Vengeance 21/7/02

vs. Rikishi

SmackDown! 27/3/03

“I Quit Match” for the WWE Championship

vs. JBL

Judgment Day 22/5/05

John Cena, HBK, Hulk Hogan vs. Tyson Tomko, Chris Jericho, Christian

Raw 27/6/05

"Extreme Rules" for the WWE Championship

vs. RVD

ECW One Night Stand 11/6/06

“TLC” Match for the WWE Championship

vs. Edge

Unforgiven 17/9/06

Interviews & Promos

+ John Cena Returns to OVW

+ Military Coin Collection

+ Fast Cars & Superstars: Gillette Young Guns Celebrity Race

+ Cena Goes Camping

+ Right Now Music Video

+ K-Fed

+ WrestleMania 22 Entrance

+ WrestleMania 21 – John Cena/JBL WrestleMania Goes Hollywood Promo

+ OVW - The Prototype In Ring Promo 12/1/02

+ Cena Trains with Gold’s Gym Contest Winner

A selection of "5 Questions with the Champ" from WWE.com

Artwork subject to change

From PWInsider.com:

I think the 3 Disc is a myth. I went to FYE today and found the tin and all it says is that it is an FYE exclusive tin. It does not say anything about extra content. I haven't opened it up yet because I am unsure if I want to keep it if the only thing special about it is the tin. Has anyone else picked it up/know yet?

I like the ECW dvd cover art December to Dismember not included. Roddy Piper has a badass dvd layout in my opinion. I think the McMahon cover is pretty cool too.

Randy Orton’s farewell match

The Prototype vs. Randy Orton

OVW 19/1/02

Uh, shouldn't this be going on Orton's future DVD? What didn't they put Cena's last OVW match instead?

vs. Chris Jericho

Vengeance 21/7/02

vs. Rikishi

SmackDown! 27/3/03

I don't know why these are on here when they should've been on Word Life instead.

“I Quit Match” for the WWE Championship

vs. JBL

Judgment Day 22/5/05

Way better than WM 21 so good choice.

John Cena, HBK, Hulk Hogan vs. Tyson Tomko, Chris Jericho, Christian

Raw 27/6/05

This was already an extra on the Vengeance 2005 DVD. *Sigh*

"Extreme Rules" for the WWE Championship

vs. RVD

ECW One Night Stand 11/6/06

“TLC” Match for the WWE Championship

vs. Edge

Unforgiven 17/9/06

Cool.

Very disappointed by this match selection. Only 7 matches for a 3 disc set? I would have put:

Vs. Eddie Guerrero (SD) - The Parking Lot Brawl was really fun to watch!

Vs. The Big Show - Wrestlemania 20 (Cena wins US title)

Vs. Rene Dupree (JD 2004) or Vs. Dupree Vs. RVD Vs. Booker (GAB 2004) - a match to show how good he was as US Champ)

Vs. Christian Vs. Jericho (Vengeance 2005) - one of the best triple threats I ever seen or Vs. Chris Jericho (SummerSlam) - this should have been on here really

Vs. Kurt Angle (Survivor Series 2005) - The end of a classic feud

Vs. HHH (Wrestlemania 22) - Soooo disappointed this wasn't on here. COME ON!

Vs. Umaga (Royal Rumble 2007) - One of the best LMS matches ever.

Vs. HBK (Wrestlemania 23) or the RAW 1 hour rematch

From PWInsider.com:

- The WWE Summerslam 3-Disc DVD set features the following bonus footage. The WWE Idol Segment from Raw on 8/13, Great Khali's Punjabi Celebration from SD on 7/27, and CM Punk & Boogeyman VS John Morrison & Big Daddy V, from Saturday Night's Main Event on 8/18

I think the 3 Disc is a myth. I went to FYE today and found the tin and all it says is that it is an FYE exclusive tin. It does not say anything about extra content. I haven't opened it up yet because I am unsure if I want to keep it if the only thing special about it is the tin. Has anyone else picked it up/know yet?

I'm having a hard time finding the 2-disc Blockbuster version in the Florida area, most stores don't have it, not even as a rental. LivingLegend, any insight you could give? I was thinking about ordering it from Blockbuster's website but they list it there as 1 disc only. Do you know if I order it they'll send their 2-disc version or the regular version? I'd appreciate any info you could get, LLGC.

From PWInsider.com:

- The WWE Summerslam 3-Disc DVD set features the following bonus footage. The WWE Idol Segment from Raw on 8/13, Great Khali's Punjabi Celebration from SD on 7/27, and CM Punk & Boogeyman VS John Morrison & Big Daddy V, from Saturday Night's Main Event on 8/18

I'm having a hard time finding the 2-disc Blockbuster version in the Florida area, most stores don't have it, not even as a rental. LivingLegend, any insight you could give? I was thinking about ordering it from Blockbuster's website but they list it there as 1 disc only. Do you know if I order it they'll send their 2-disc version or the regular version? I'd appreciate any info you could get, LLGC.

That's the problem I've been having myself. Blockbuster doesn't allow special orders anymore and for some reason, I guess maybe sales not doing too well, they have not been receiving more new sale copies. I know from Rumble through Judgment Day, I'd buy the copy from my store and then they'd send a few more which sat on the shelf. We had been getting like 5 rentals copies and a couple sale copies at my store until Backlash, for Backlash and Judgment Day it was 2 rental and 1 sale. One Night Stand and Vengeance it was 1 copy for rental and no sale copies. For Bash we got 2 for rent, none for sale, Summerslam three rent and none for sale and Unforgiven came in today for next week, we got 2 rent and none for sale. It all depends on the marketing of the store on how many copies are received. I know the store considered a more urban store down the street from mine got a few copies more on some of the titles for rental. The best bet I can say at this point is if you find it at a store for rental, wait for the pre-viewed or just rent it and keep it. I think the price to keep it after you rent it is like $20. Sorry, this probably wasn't much help.

I wouldn't order it from the BBV website in hopes of getting the 2 disc, cause it won't happen. When ONS didn't show up for sale and I couldn't track it around me, I ordered it from the website, assuming they'd be selling the Blockbuster exclusive edition, as you can rent the bonus disc with the online program, and I got the single disc edition. I'm just thinking they are not offering their edition for sale, so best bet would be trying to attempt to get a Pre-Viewed, the only issue is finding when one actually does go used.

Also, for the Unforgiven DVD at Blockbuster, the exclusive bonus features are:

Hornswoggle/Vince Adoption Promo

Teddy Long and Kristal's wedding

That's been the problem, since the DVDs have been harder to get, the exclusives have been the more popular segments (WWE Idol as opposed to early one's like Lashley/Umaga contract signing).

That's the problem I've been having myself. Blockbuster doesn't allow special orders anymore and for some reason, I guess maybe sales not doing too well, they have not been receiving more new sale copies. I know from Rumble through Judgment Day, I'd buy the copy from my store and then they'd send a few more which sat on the shelf. We had been getting like 5 rentals copies and a couple sale copies at my store until Backlash, for Backlash and Judgment Day it was 2 rental and 1 sale. One Night Stand and Vengeance it was 1 copy for rental and no sale copies. For Bash we got 2 for rent, none for sale, Summerslam three rent and none for sale and Unforgiven came in today for next week, we got 2 rent and none for sale. It all depends on the marketing of the store on how many copies are received. I know the store considered a more urban store down the street from mine got a few copies more on some of the titles for rental. The best bet I can say at this point is if you find it at a store for rental, wait for the pre-viewed or just rent it and keep it. I think the price to keep it after you rent it is like $20. Sorry, this probably wasn't much help.

I wouldn't order it from the BBV website in hopes of getting the 2 disc, cause it won't happen. When ONS didn't show up for sale and I couldn't track it around me, I ordered it from the website, assuming they'd be selling the Blockbuster exclusive edition, as you can rent the bonus disc with the online program, and I got the single disc edition. I'm just thinking they are not offering their edition for sale, so best bet would be trying to attempt to get a Pre-Viewed, the only issue is finding when one actually does go used.

Also, for the Unforgiven DVD at Blockbuster, the exclusive bonus features are:

Hornswoggle/Vince Adoption Promo

Teddy Long and Kristal's wedding

That's been the problem, since the DVDs have been harder to get, the exclusives have been the more popular segments (WWE Idol as opposed to early one's like Lashley/Umaga contract signing).

Thanks for that info, LivingLegend. Now I know why I've had such a hard time finding that 2-disc SummerSlam dvd. I had no problems getting two-disc versions for Vengeance and The Bash, and The Rumble and Now Way Out I got used from amazon.com. Judgment Day I wanted to get the 2-disc version but only if I found it used or pre-viewed but no luck so far. SummerSlam I wanted so I could have the WWE Idol segment, but it seems it'll be really difficult.

If this is the going rate, are we suppose to expect the 2008 list to come out by Halloween?

Just to let people know who do happen to get most of the PPVs on DVD, fye.com is doing a pretty good sale on some of them. They have their $7 mail-in-rebate featured for the new Rey Mysterio set and Unforgiven which come out next week and also for No Mercy. Rey is listed at $23.99, but then you can submit for a $7 rebate, making it pretty cheap for that set, and Unforgiven is listed at $16.99 and No Mercy at $15.99, after rebate making them $9.99 and $8.99 apiece.

I might have to buy those sets from fye just for the rebate although I have bad luck getting money back from rebates.

Isnt the Owen Hart dvd releasing sometime in December?

Where was this reported? pwinsider? I thought Martha Hart would NEVER EVER allow something like this to happen? Wouldn't there be legal issues all over this DVD set?

Guest Ant

Was supposed to be in the works a year ago but it got delayed. And apparently WWE and Bret spoke about it