TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

WWE announces 2007 DVDs

Was supposed to be in the works a year ago but it got delayed. And apparently WWE and Bret spoke about it

Interesing. Well, I always thought Martha Hart owned all the footage to Owen as a part of the settlement in 1999. If this actually gets off the ground, I'll be surprised for sure.

Supposedly, the tin case edition from FYE is supposed to come with an extra DVD featuring bonus content.

NOPE! just a nice looking tin! Well Worth the 5 extra dollars IMO!!! plus i have 10% off there!!!

What are some of your favorite DVD cover art?

Honestly, I couldn't name one. Nowadays, the cover-art philosophy seems to be the logo and the faces of the guys in the big two/three matches, rinse repeat.

2002 - Vengeance

2003 - Armageddon

2004 - Judgement Day

2005 - Survivor Series

2006 - Cyber Sunday

2007 - Summerslam (So Far)

Half Assed

2002 - Summerslam

2003 - No Way Out

2004 - Royal Rumble (Why is Cena on the Cover?)

2005 - Unforgiven

2006 - Vengeance

2007 - (Tie) One Night Stand/ The Great American Bash

Guest clon3isnasty
Was supposed to be in the works a year ago but it got delayed. And apparently WWE and Bret spoke about it

Interesing. Well, I always thought Martha Hart owned all the footage to Owen as a part of the settlement in 1999. If this actually gets off the ground, I'll be surprised for sure.

I've never heard that Martha owned the footage of Owen Hart, and I doubt it to be true. Even if it was, the settlement in that lawsuit has never been disclosed to anyone besides the parties involved, so no one would even know that.

Besides, WWE has used footage of Owen Hart in the past, few clips of him in retrospective music videos. And they were two Bret/Owen matches on the WWE produced Bret Hart DVD. Silvervision, who does WWE DVD's throughout the UK, also has matches that include Owen Hart on their Tagged Classics DVD's as well. If Martha owned the footage of Owen Hart, not of that would be possible.

Well if they don't do an Owen Hart dvd, or even a second Bret Hart dvd like planned. They could always do a Hart Foundation three disc dvd, and showcase a few Bulldog matches, few more Bret matches, few Owen matches, Neidhart, etc. Maybe Four-Six matches for each wrestler. You can discuss the group and include a few tags, but also can showcase guys like Bulldog, Neidhart, and Owen who may not sell the most dvds, even though Owen could probably move some dvds.

Thats the one I posted about seeing on Best Buy, good find as it looks like the set is actually going to come out.

Amazon.com now has a WWE RAW: 15th Anniversary dvd up for pre-order. It's listed as a 3-disc set, to be released December 26th, 2007 (wednesday?)

Here's the link.

Yeah, I hope it's a bit more in depth than RAW X. The Wednesday release is because the Tuesday the 25th is Christmas day.

WWE1176_L.JPG

Unforgiven 2007 – Post-Match Undertaker Exit

RAW (9/17/2007) – John Cena, John Cena Sr. & Randy Orton Story

They're not including full matches anymore (the Kane / Khali match on the SummerSlam DVD wasn't even in its entirety, it was like the last 5 minutes of the match). I'm very disappointed with where WWE is going with this. The bonus disc thing was a fantastic thing when it started and now they're just getting lazy now and slapping on stupid segments instead of an actual match.

My Best Buy had the Rey DVD out a week early (street date is 10/23), so I bought it for $24.99. The box set with the shirt and pendant was 49.99. No thanks. I haven't watched it yet, but my god, someone is getting fired because the match list insert misspells "Guerrero" as "Guerrera", on both Eddie and Chavo. Worse yet, they list his Halloween Havoc match with Eddie as happening at "Halloween House 97".

This is what happens when you hire non-fans to do this shit.

This is what happens when you hire non-fans to do this shit.

It doesn't matter if they're a fan or not, it matters that something like that even happens on a product released by a multi-million dollar company.

Matchlist for the Michaels 3 disc set.

Shawn Michaels vs. Billy Jack Haynes

WCCW 11/1/85

AWA Tag Team Championship Match

The Midnight Rockers vs. Buddy Rose & Doug Somers

AWA 10/2/87

The Midnight Rockers vs. Super Ninja & Ninja Go

AWA 12/6/87

The Rockers vs. The Brainbusters

MSG 23/1/89

WWE Tag Team Championship (2 out of 3 falls)

The Rockers vs. The Hart Foundation

October 1990

The Rockers vs. Orient Express

Royal Rumble 19/1/91

Intercontinental Championship Match

Shawn Michaels vs. The British Bulldog

Saturday Night’s Main Event 8/11/92

Shawn Michaels enters #1 and wins the Rumble

Royal Rumble 22/1/95

Shawn Michaels vs. Jeff Jarrett

In Your House 23/7/95

WWE Championship Match

King of the Ring 23/6/96

World Heavyweight Championship Match

Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H

RAW 29/12/03

The Rockers vs. La Resistance

RAW 14/3/05

Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle

Vengeance 26/6/05

Shawn Michaels vs. John Cena

RAW 23/4/07

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=WWE1182

Loving it.

Matchlist for the Michaels 3 disc set.

Shawn Michaels vs. Billy Jack Haynes

WCCW 11/1/85

Probably nothing to write home about but I like it when they do this for historical purposes.

The Midnight Rockers vs. Buddy Rose & Doug Somers

AWA 10/2/87

Is this the blood bath from the first HKB DVD?

The Midnight Rockers vs. Super Ninja & Ninja Go

AWA 12/6/87

The Rockers vs. The Brainbusters

MSG 23/1/89

Haven't seen either but looking forward to it.

WWE Tag Team Championship (2 out of 3 falls)

The Rockers vs. The Hart Foundation

October 1990

Nice to finally see this.

The Rockers vs. Orient Express

Royal Rumble 19/1/91

Awesome tag match and I don't own this Rumble (though I was planning on getting the Anthology, or at the very least "Volume 1" Anthology in the future).

Saturday Night's Main Event 8/11/92

Watched it on the 300k video stream on 24/7 Online a few years ago. Good match, glad to have it on DVD.

Shawn Michaels enters #1 and wins the Rumble

Royal Rumble 22/1/95

Shawn Michaels vs. Jeff Jarrett

In Your House 23/7/95

Rumble is ok but needs to be there (also don't own that particular one). The IC title match is awesome and I'm glad it's finally being put on DVD.

WWE Championship Match

King of the Ring 23/6/96

Haven't seen it in 11 years, remembered it being ok-good.

World Heavyweight Championship Match

Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H

RAW 29/12/03

Good, might not hold up on repeated viewings though.

The Rockers vs. La Resistance

RAW 14/3/05

Mark out city!

Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle

Vengeance 26/6/05

Have on DVD already. Not bad.

Shawn Michaels vs. John Cena

RAW 23/4/07

Good call. Like HHH match above might not hold up on repeated viewings but we'll see.

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=WWE1182

What I love most here is the majority of these matches come from TV or PPVs I don't own. Assuming that AWA match with Roberts and Somers is the same one from Shawn's DVD, and that I get this before any of the Rumble collections, I own a grand total of two of these matches already and a lot of these I haven't seen in TV quality in years, or at all. Kudos to the people behind this for not just taking the best of the already owned 2003 DVD and adding a few new bells to it (looking at you, new Rey DVD!)

I still wish the so-called 1993 MOTYC between him and Jannetty was on there but I'm not going to complain. For clarification, because I've seen a Raw match between them on 24/7 Online that seemed underwhelming after the hype (though I thought the same thing about watching Flair/Steamboat from Chi-Town Rumble online too until I watched it on the 80s DVD and loved it... I tend to multi-task while the vidwindow is running), is the match that got the rave reviews the one where Marty wins the belt (which I haven't seen at all) or the one where Shawn wins it back?

I'm sooo happy with this match listing that I'm marking out. Matches that I never ever thought would see the light of day on DVD (vs HHH, vs Jarrett, vs Cena from London) are finally appearing and I'm a happy camper. If I absolutely have to nitpick, is that Rockers vs Brainbusters 2/3 falls is not included (I can't really place the one that's included here) and that there's no Jannetty match (I was hoping for that '93 MOTY where Hebner restarts the match after watching the replay.) Other than that this is just what I've been waiting for.

The '93 MOTYC is their rematch in July-ish on Monday Night Raw. Shawn was champ, good match, but Jannetty lost in the end.

Yep, re-checked it and July 19, 1993 - with Shawn as the champ - is the match available on 24/7 Online. Guess I'll have to re-watch it without distracting myself.

From 411mania.com, I found a couple more details for HBK's upcoming dvd. I'm ommiting the match listing this time:

"He's the Heartbreak Kid; the Showstopper. For more than two decades, Shawn Michaels has had amazing matches inside the ring and controversial moments outside the ring. Now, for the first time on DVD, fans can see the whole story, from the Rockers through D-Generation X and the clique and Montreal Screwjob along the way. This 3-disc DVD set collects some of Shawn's greatest matches, including many matches never before available on DVD."

Promos

RAW 4/4/94 – Heartbreak Hotel (Debut)

Tell Me A Lie Music Video

RAW 8/1/05 - Larry King Spoof on Hulk Hogan

Deleted Scenes

Wrestling Academy

Bible Teacher

Colorado Expedition

Who's the Greatest "Wrestler"?

High School Prankster

High School Talent Show

Letter Jacket

Mom's Approval

The Bruise

The Rockers "Fight"

This Is a Little Higher Than I Thought

Brown Pants

Those "Deleted Scenes" are extras I suppose. From the promos, the "Tell Me a Lie" video has already appeared on HBK's "From the Vault" set, and the Larry King spoof was featured on the SummerSlam 2005 dvd. I'd have loved to have the Montreal 2005 promo included instead, but what can you do. This will still be an awesome dvd set.

Good match listing only match not listed that I was hoping for is Survivor Series 02 with the title win, but I can probably still pick that up on Amazon.

A very good match listing, but why only 14 matches? The Rey DVD has 28.

HBK vs Cena went almost 55 minutes on RAW including commercials, and HBK vs HHH almost the same, so those two alone occupy a fair amount of time I'd wager.

Guest Guybrush Threepwood
A very good match listing, but why only 14 matches? The Rey DVD has 28.

HBK vs Cena went almost 55 minutes on RAW including commercials, and HBK vs HHH almost the same, so those two alone occupy a fair amount of time I'd wager.

Apparently the Rockers/Harts title switch is about 40 mins, plus I assume there's a feature on Shawn as well whereas the Rey DVD is just matches.

Am I the only one disappointed that he's got no matches or extras from "BITTER HEEL" Shawn? Not even that Royal Rumble match for 1997 or his bitter promos to that fantastic heel turn? Besides that, it looks ok. Surprised to see NO Bret singles matches against him. What I mean was I thought they would put the Survivor Series 1992 match, but then again, he lost to Bret.