TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

WWE announces 2007 DVDs

Has anyone heard anything about the Mr. Perfect dvd?

Got this from Gerweck.

With the premature deaths of wrestlers in the mainstream media coverage in recent times, WWE has suspended the production of the Mr. Perfect DVD.

Well I think that's pretty dumb considering they plan to release the WCCW dvd soon, and lord knows how many wrestlers died young that went through that territory.

Yeah, but most of those guys never worked for WWF (aside from Kerry), so those aren't really on their hands like Curt Hennig's arguably would be.

slightly updated list on WWE.com

WWE Cyber Sunday 12/04/07

The Triumph & Tragedy of WCCW 12/11/07

Survivor Series 2007 12/26/07

Best of Raw: 15th Anniversary 12/26/07

Royal Rumble Vol. 3 & 4 01/08/08

Armageddon 2007 01/15/08

Stone Cold Steve Austin's Life & Legacy 02/12/08

I cant wait for the Stone Cold DVD. Assuming it will have his Wrestlemania 13 match against Bret, the Three Stages of Hell match against Triple H at No Way Out 2001, and the classic he and The Rock had at Wrestlemania X-7 (still my favorite match of all time), it will be a must-own.

Too bad an Austin DVD won't have the title match with Benoit he had on SmackDown in Edmonton. The 10 German Suplex Spot was fucking intense

oddly enough we didnt get no mercy in this week at my Cir City. guess I should have got it at BB? then again I remember last year we didnt get the unforgiven dvd in till after no mercy came out

I loved the match selection for the Michaels DVD. One of the Jannetty Raw matches would have been great, but it's nice to see that they put Michaels/Jarrett and Michaels/Bulldog on there as opposed to putting the Mind Games match or the Iron Man match on again.

I read that Austin's DVD set was intentionally delayed because WWE wanted to make all the money possible from the Condemned.

Guest Yoouu'rree Fiiirrreed!&#

I thought the Cena DVD was coming out the 6th of this month but looked like it got moved back until next Tuesday?? Oh well, guess'll have to wait a few more days.

I'm betting that the Cena DVD ends up being one of the best renting wrestling DVDs at my work. I can't wait to tell all the little kids that its rented out.

I guess it`s safe to say thanks for Mr. Benoit all the 2008 DVDs will now have to be second guessed on material that may feature him. I wonder what the Summerslam box setr will look like without his matches, if thats the route they are gonna take.

I guess it`s safe to say thanks for Mr. Benoit all the 2008 DVDs will now have to be second guessed on material that may feature him. I wonder what the Summerslam box setr will look like without his matches, if thats the route they are gonna take.

I could live with them editing out his stuff from all his Summerslams. I'd only be buying the set to get 1988-1999 in DVD quality anyway.

I doubt this would happen, but boy, I would mark out if they made a Scott Hall/Razor Ramon DVD. Think of all the extras. Last Call Scott Hall. How I learned to use a cattle prod. WCW has REAL LADDER Matches.

I really would like to see a Scott Hall dvd, but I think he'd need to return to WWE first and have some kind of career year for them to want to do it.

the cena dvd is kinda lame, should be more matches on it.

we still havent got the no mercy dvd in at work, sucks cuz I have bought everyone this year so far (and last year) my collection is incomplete nooooooo :P

I cant wait for the Stone Cold DVD. Assuming it will have his Wrestlemania 13 match against Bret, the Three Stages of Hell match against Triple H at No Way Out 2001, and the classic he and The Rock had at Wrestlemania X-7 (still my favorite match of all time), it will be a must-own.

Hopefully Santino will still be around to give us his Review.

I really wish they would release the 4th set of the rumble DVD's. I'd like to see if Benoit is featured in any of them. That'll dictate where the WWE is going with Benoit. Maybe Big Show will truly finally get the 2004 rumble victory.

the cena dvd is kinda lame, should be more matches on it.

we still havent got the no mercy dvd in at work, sucks cuz I have bought everyone this year so far (and last year) my collection is incomplete nooooooo :P

Yeah, I ordered the Cena DVD for cheap and after the fact I saw what was on it and I am kind of regretting it, despite not receiving it yet. I got it off FYE.com with No Mercy for wicked cheap. With their "Buy With PayPal" Special, it was $28 shipped for the Cena set and No Mercy, but both also have $7 rebates, so I figured I would try it getting No Mercy 07 and Cena's set for $14 total after the rebates come in.

I really wish they would release the 4th set of the rumble DVD's. I'd like to see if Benoit is featured in any of them. That'll dictate where the WWE is going with Benoit. Maybe Big Show will truly finally get the 2004 rumble victory.

Just check a few posts above. January 8th 2008 is the release date.

They could always do a Hart Foundation three disc dvd,

Every Canadian wrestling fan older than 21 would buy this.

And re: anti-Leaf: I'll be the BFF of whoever can find me that spot on YouTube.

I only said that because I think it would be good, and because when they released Flair's dvd and it sold so well I always heard there would be a second one. Years later the closest I've seen is the Ric Flair and The Four Horseman disc. So I just figured that sounds like something WWE might do you know?

The Michaels DVD trailer looks pretty good. Anyone gonna pick it up? Nice to see HHH after all these years still kissing up to HBK.

The Michaels DVD trailer looks pretty good. Anyone gonna pick it up? Nice to see HHH after all these years still kissing up to HBK.

I'm gonna get it even tho I already have From the Vault and Boyhood Dream.

Cena's DVD was useless. Everything was rehashed.

For the most part, yes, but I wouldn't say it was completely useless. I got the dvd for $20 and it was okay, but compared to other recent superstar dvds (mysterio, hbk), Cena's is by far the weakest.

The Good:

- The documentary itself is pretty good. Its nice to get some input from Cena's relatives, friends, and co-workers.

- Cena comments about the matches before they start so it was nice to hear his thoughts about them.

- The extras themselves are neat. The 5 Questions With The Champ segments were certainly interesting and entertaining. I also really liked Cena going into detail about all the different muscle cars he owns.

The bad:

- Not having Cena give any comments or thoughts for the actual commentary really hurt the program IMO. Also his run as U.S. Champion is practically skipped over, besides beating the Big Show at WM 20 and how cool the spinner belt looked.

- a 3 DVD set and only 7 matches overall? Wtf? (Rey has 28 matches, HBK has 14) And half of the ones on Cena's DVD aren't even that good.

I give the set a 5 out of 10. My Life had so much potential and WWE chose not to make it as great as it could've been.