TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

WWE announces 2007 DVDs

The Michaels DVD trailer looks pretty good. Anyone gonna pick it up? Nice to see HHH after all these years still kissing up to HBK.

I'm gonna get it even tho I already have From the Vault and Boyhood Dream.

You shouldn't worry about that because there's very little repeated matches on this dvds. Most stuff on the new set has never before been available on dvd.

- a 3 DVD set and only 7 matches overall? Wtf? (Rey has 28 matches, HBK has 14) And half of the ones on Cena's DVD aren't even that good.

The thing to remember with Cena's DVD is that it was made for a (mostly) different audience than, say, Rey's DVD. Rey's was intended as a new historical DVD that your average tape trader would like, whereas the Cena DVD was intended for Cena fans, which might include tape traders that are Cena fans, but also include women, children, casual fans, etc. who would get into things like Cena's car collection, the 5 Questions segments, and the occasional music video. I understand the WWE's direction there.

I thought the match selection was fine. Prototype-Orton, while nothing great, was still neat to see in a pre-WWE Cena/Orton fashion. Cena-Jericho was there, of course, for the first PPV appearance. Cena-Rikishi was nothing great, but it was obviously there for the debut of the FU. Cena-JBL was fantastic, of course. The 6-man was fun, IMO, as, of course, was ONS 06. And I can't say enough good things about TLC vs. Edge.

So maybe half aren't that great, but most of the rest are kinda like Hogan-Sheik: Nothing great, but there's certainly some sort of reasoning why they're there.

Can't wait for the new Michaels set!

Yeah if you are looking for a ton of matches for a good price you might as well go find one of those tape traders online such as Corey's Tapes.

The Michaels DVD trailer looks pretty good. Anyone gonna pick it up? Nice to see HHH after all these years still kissing up to HBK.

I'm gonna get it even tho I already have From the Vault and Boyhood Dream.

You shouldn't worry about that because there's very little repeated matches on this dvds. Most stuff on the new set has never before been available on dvd.

Anyone else see the clip in the trailer of Shawn shoving Vince McMahon backstage? Looks to be from around 1997 or so.

I have the Shawn DVD on the way, but it's now been put into the Christmas Present category (along with volumes 1+2 of the Rumble) and paid for by someone else, so I won't be seeing it for a month.

In the meantime, I'm watching the Rey DVD. It seems well put together.

I have the Shawn DVD on the way, but it's now been put into the Christmas Present category (along with volumes 1+2 of the Rumble) and paid for by someone else, so I won't be seeing it for a month.

In the meantime, I'm watching the Rey DVD. It seems well put together.

Rey's DVD is a pretty good set. I would've loved it for them to include his match versus WWE Champ Eddie, and his World Title defense against Orton. Either way, it's a great buy.

Can't wait for my Shawn DVD to arrive, hopefully within this week.

Wasn't the world class DVD supposed to come out this past summer?? Why did they push it back? Anybody seen the non-wwe version of "Heroes of World Class" Documentary?

The HBK dvd is only 2 discs?

I thought it was more.

Shopzone has the book and the DVD on sale for $21 for both.

This WWE Exclusive Package Includes: Shawn Michaels Heartbreak and Triumph DVD, Shawn Michaels Heartbreak and Triumph Book

He’s the Heartbreak Kid; the Show Stopper. For more than two decades, Shawn Michaels has had amazing matches inside the ring and controversial moments outside the ring. Now, for the first time on DVD, fans can see the whole story, from the Rockers through D-Generation X and the clique and Montreal screwjob along the way. The 2-Disc DVD set collects some of Shawn’s greatest matches and rivalries, including those against Undertaker, Triple H, Bret “Hit Man” Hart, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, Mr.McMahon, John Cena and more. New exclusive interviews from Shawn and his opponents give unique insight into his career-spanning battles.

Guest BarnacleBill
Wasn't the world class DVD supposed to come out this past summer?? Why did they push it back? Anybody seen the non-wwe version of "Heroes of World Class" Documentary?

With the benoit thing and the major focus of death and drugs in wrestling wwe didn't want to release a dvd a month later that constantly talks about young wrestlers dying.

Heroes of world class was fantastic.

With the benoit thing and the major focus of death and drugs in wrestling wwe didn't want to release a dvd a month later that constantly talks about young wrestlers dying.

Heroes of world class was fantastic.

I see, thanks for the explanation.

That's a typo, I noticed that too and wondered about it. If you watched Raw on Monday, Kennedy showed the DVD and revealed all 3 discs.

I also own the set and can confirm that it's 3 discs.

Of course I picked up the Shawn set. only took a quick look at it so far. interesting to see an awa rockers promo with a short-brown haired shawn, and his voice sounded very different I think.

and we finally got in no mercy last week so I picked it up, man that show sucked. The LMS was pretty good I guess but the rest of the show was non-descript and/or lame.

Yeah, the problems with the insert have been documented (Eddie AND Chavo are called Guerrera, Halloween Havoc is called Halloween House). I don't know if the actual production of the DVD suffers from this problem though, haven't made it that far yet (right when I got to watching the DVD, I ended up buying SVR 08).

Yeah, the problems with the insert have been documented (Eddie AND Chavo are called Guerrera, Halloween Havoc is called Halloween House). I don't know if the actual production of the DVD suffers from this problem though, haven't made it that far yet (right when I got to watching the DVD, I ended up buying SVR 08).

There was no problems with the Rey DVD as far as production went. Played smoothly, and the menus all said "Guerrero" where applicable.

Yeah, the problems with the insert have been documented (Eddie AND Chavo are called Guerrera, Halloween Havoc is called Halloween House).

:huh:

Wow, that's bad. That's like "WCW bad."

Yeah, the problems with the insert have been documented (Eddie AND Chavo are called Guerrera, Halloween Havoc is called Halloween House).

:huh:

Wow, that's bad. That's like "WCW bad."

I don't think it's bad. It's an obvious typo, someone wrote up a list, sent it to the production people and things got messed up. If you have some people who aren't hardcore wrestling fans (and let's face it, WWE Corporate is a conglomerate and not everyone needs to be a fan), it's easy to think that Guerrera/Guerrero is a mixup on someone's part. They had Juvy and Fuerza Guerrera on the menus as well. How many people are going to catch on that it's two different names?

I picked up the Shawn DVD. I got around to watching the feature last night and I really enjoyed it. There are a couple BUTT-kissing moments in it. As always, Gerlad Brisco pops up to lend some comedy in that department, but the big one I laughed at was when Foley said if they weren't labeled a wrestling program, that long "Vince Loves Cock" segment with the Penis Pump, Alien and Big Dick Johnson would've won an Emmy.

I picked up the Shawn DVD. I got around to watching the feature last night and I really enjoyed it. There are a couple BUTT-kissing moments in it. As always, Gerlad Brisco pops up to lend some comedy in that department, but the big one I laughed at was when Foley said if they weren't labeled a wrestling program, that long "Vince Loves Cock" segment with the Penis Pump, Alien and Big Dick Johnson would've won an Emmy.

As always Montreal was WWE'ized. HHH claiming Survivor Series was the last day of Bret Hart's contract.

Another thing that caught my attention was the Harris Boys, Brothers, whatever they were called. Maybe I'm wrong, but I remember reading they wanted to kick Shawn's ass but Shawn said they acted as his and Hunter's bodyguards after the match.

Shawn also mentioned in his book that the Harris Bros once threatened to kick his ass in 96 during the whole "Clique" run, yet during Survivor Series 97, they offered to watch his back, which he said he could not undertstand why yet was appreciative. So I completely buy the story on the DVD, which is phenomenal by the way. I'm a HBK fan yet not fanatical like many as I also like Bret Hart, but the DVD IS GREAT!

I wasn't even paying enough attention to catch that. The one with Foley is being marketed as an "autographed card" included with the DVD. So, putting 2 and 2 together, the card probably has everyone's autograph on it but for obvious reasons getting a copy of Foley's was easier than a copy of Bret's.