Cleveland @ Charlotte, 7:00

Indiana @ New York, 7:30

Memphis @ Detroit, 7:30

Sacramento @ Milwaukee, 8:30

Dallas @ Houston, 8:30

Golden State @ Utah, 9:00

Minnesota @ Portland, 10:00

Phoenix @ LA Clippers, 10:30

Turns out I have to work, so I'll probably get home right around the end of the first game. I'll be able to see the whole second game, though...last I heard, Kobe would be ready to go tonight.

Should be some decent games tonight. I'm glad they're both on TNT too. I wish the Turner networks could hire like the 2 or 3 good basketball personalities ESPN has then monopolize basketball coverage.

I think the 1st game has more potential to be close than the second one. If Kobe's knee is not 100% Phoenix wins by at least 12. Miami/Chicago should be close with 6 minutes to go, and then Wade takes over and gives them a 5-7 point victory.

Guest Felonies!

I'd love for the Bulls to win this game and start the season with a win over the champs, but you know Kirk Hinrich is going to get fouled if he's even so much as on the same half of the court as Dwyane Wade, soooo.....

Should be some decent games tonight. I'm glad they're both on TNT too. I wish the Turner networks could hire like the 2 or 3 good basketball personalities ESPN has then monopolize basketball coverage.

Charles Barkley is the draw for TNT there is no need to bring in any other loud mouth talking head opinion based analysts.

I was thinking of just bringing in Walton and maybe Tolbert for comedy. Certainly don't want that hack Screamin' A or any of the boring, uninsightful analystis like Anthony or Legler.

Tonight, I'll be curious to see how Ben Wallace fits in with the Bulls. That's a move I'm not a 100% sure how it'll work because Ben was the product of the Detroit defensive system. I really want to see how he plays out in Chicago.

I'm really looking forward to Bulls/Heat tonight, even moreso that I'll actually get to see it. Fox Sports over here has picked up two games a week to go along with the two already broadcast by ESPN. Great to have basketball back.

Wow...

Looks like Chris Duhon is actually becoming a competent starter in this league. (20 points, 3 dimes, 3 rebounds so far)

Wow...

Looks like Chris Duhon is actually becoming a competent starter in this league. (20 points, 3 dimes, 3 rebounds so far)

He put up a triple double in the first game last year.

He won't keep up this pace, but he's capable of going off from outside like he has tonight, and is the perfect backup for Hinrich/Gordon as he can play with either.

Tyrus Thomas has been getting the shit knocked out of him tonight. First it was Payton hacking him on a fast break layup, then James Posey giving him a mid-air bodycheck. Welcome to the NBA kid.

Kobe's not playing tonight. Looks like it's up to Smush and Andrew Bynum.

Not a good start to the NBA season from a competitive match-up standpoint. Both games will have been over by the half at the rate Phoenix is scoring here.

Really.

But I think they will blow it open in the third.

Alot of shots are missing long tonight. Especially on free throws. Alot of the players said the new ball is lighter than the last one. Wonder if that has anything to do with it. They should be used to the new one by now I would think.

I would once again like to remind people that I said Thabo Sefolosha would end up being one of the biggest pickups they made in the offseason.

He apparently isn't even really in the rotation right now, but since it was a blow out, people got to see him do some things tonight. The guy is really really really really really really good.

Yeah, I walked into BW3's after work, and saw the score of the game, and was like "God DAMN." Seriously, was Williams the only key guy who didn't play?

Guest Felonies!

Cool win, and one that's much needed for my Chicago sports fan morale, what with the Blackhawks losing their sixth straight (though breaking the goal drought at like 230 minutes) and the general pain of the Chicago Cubs always looming. But hey. Bears and Bulls. Take what we can get here.

Ouch...

Ugly debut for my boy Tyrus Thomas.

16 minutes before he got his nose broken, although he did pick up 6 boards, 2 assists, a steal, and 4 points in that time. (While not wonderful, it is the kind of stuff they should expect from Wallace's understudy.)

Hopefully they'll get him one of those clear face-protectors so that he can get right back into the swing of things.