TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spman

Bob Barker to retire in June

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,226520,00.html

Despite the fact that the man is 83 years old, it still somewhat of a shock. Bob Barker and The Price is Right is always kind of one of those pieces of Americana that you thought was just always going to be there. The fact that the show has been on for 30 years now with relativity the same format is a testament to it's longevity. It had always been a goal of mine to one day get out to LA and try and get on the show, but I really think the show should probably be put to rest when Bob leaves. I just cringe at the thought of a Price is Right hosted by John O'Hurly or Louie Anderson.

It's been a great run for Bob, but I'm glad he's finally retiring. Watching old TPiR clips on YouTube just reinforce how far down he's come.

I agree that they should just retire the show with him. I'd guess that most people watch just for Bob. No one's going to watch with anyone else as host.

Guest NYankees

Is Bob Barker going to live to see his retirement? Why not just retire at the end of this year. The man is older than dirt. That being said, I as well as others have enjoyed his run on The Price is Right. It is one of the best game shows ever and he has done a great job as the host. Especially due to the fact that he fucked countless Barker's beauties.

Wow, that show has been on for the longest, and without him, the show will lose ALL of it's personality indeed. The show needs to end once he leaves..

Anybody else here remember the NEW Price is Right that was on a few years ago? Different host, different sets, different games, and didn't even last a season.

The show just doesn't work without Bob.

The aura that's going to surround the taping of the final Bob Barker hosted TPIR is going to be absolutely insane.

The aura that's going to surround the taping of the final Bob Barker hosted TPIR is going to be absolutely insane.

Could we see M*A*S*H-ian levels for this? Only if the every elder care center is tuned in.

Anybody else here remember the NEW Price is Right that was on a few years ago? Different host, different sets, different games, and didn't even last a season.

The worst though was when Riki Lake hosted it for "Game Show Marathon". She managed to butcher TPiR, Card Sharks, LMAD, Press Your Luck AND Match Game '74.

Could we see M*A*S*H-ian levels for this? Only if the every elder care center is tuned in.

No because even then, they will only count as one crappy TV with 75 elderly people around it.

About time. I'm guessing he ran out of souls to steal energy from to continue hosting.

LOL

I'm watching that thinking she's not that dumb . . . until she gets to the car of course.

I remember watching that on TV last year. The best part is Bob's reaction, which gets cut off. He's sitting there absolutely disgusted, mouthing the words "I can't believe it." Finally, he looks at the camera, holds up the microphone and goes, "I... I... Ugh, we'll be back after this."

Two things i remember back in the summer time watching this show.

One of them is the old lady bidding 9999 for a washer/dryer combo, which was funny in itself.

The other was some spastic chick just kept dancing and moving everytime she made a bid. It was hilairous.

The worst though was when Riki Lake hosted it for "Game Show Marathon". She managed to butcher TPiR, Card Sharks, LMAD, Press Your Luck AND Match Game '74.

Yes the TPIR episode was abyssmal (dig the Showcase Showdown where they made up rules on the fly), but the GSM versions of MG, PYL, and CS I liked just because I saw Match Game '98, Card Sharks '01, and Whammy. So nothing could out-underperform those.

And I know you meant the Doug Davidson TPIR, but Dennis James and Tom Kennedy both did good jobs for non-Bob TPIR hosts.

Still you make a good point, as FremantleMedia tends to pick hosts out of their ass (Louie Anderson? Richard "I'm gonna DOUBLE THE POINTS, LOVE ME DAMMIT" Karn, Pat "You can change the card cause I'm a nice guy" Bullard, and aforementioned Ricki Lake, the antithesis of game shows as talk shows like hers caused the genre to be buried pretty much). John O'Hurley is probably the best choice they made in the last 10 years.