TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hank Kingsley

Scrubs

"I'm just doing this thing where I use a slice of wisdom from someone else's life to solve a problem in my own life."

"Seems coincidental."

"And yet, I do it almost every week.

Legal Custidians. I would watch that program. Maybe ABC can make a spin off from it after Scrubs finishes up its run.

Same reason Dr. Cox was randomly bald one episode last season, regained his hair the next, and shaved his head a few later?

It was weird seeing Kelso but obviously that's a production versus episode air date thing (though you'd think that's the sort of thing you would try to avoid when airing a season - or in NBC's case, series - finale).

"This episode was broadcast in Ireland on May 1, 2008, one week ahead of the scheduled premiere in the United States. The error occurred due to the Irish network broadcasting Scrubs based on the production order, under which "My Princess" was episode nine of season seven, rather than the final air order under which "My Dumb Luck" was ninth and "My Princess" was bumped to the 11th slot. This also affects the continuity of the show, due to the fact that Dr. Kelso is still Chief of staff in this episode."

I just figured that Cox decided to tell a story that happened a few weeks back before Kelso had left and he had become Chief of Medicine. That is how I interpted the episode, although Venkman's post makes more sense.

I think they knew since the writer's strike they couldn't wrap it up on NBC with direct-to-DVD episodes as a finale a back-up plan. However, the way it was in production order seemed like an ok finale with Kelso leaving and Cox taking over.

Zach Braff's MySpace:

Dear friends,

Many of you have been understandably confused by the Fairy Tale episode of Scrubs serving as the series finale. It was not. I was not allowed to say it until today, but Scrubs will be moving to ABC for its final season. We are currently filming the 8th and final season. The true finale of the show will air on ABC in the fall. NBC merely promoted the Fairy Tale episode as the finale, as it was the last episode they owned.

Also, several of you were very confused by the fact that Dr. Kelso and Laverne were still working at the hospital in the Fairy Tale episode. Because of the writer's strike, the last remaining episodes for NBC were aired out of order. This is why Dr. Kelso was still chief of medicine. That was not Laverne however, for those of you who have been following closely; it was a new nurse "Shirley" who no one thinks looks anything like Laverne except for JD.

Hope this clears some things up.

peace and love,

zb

That really had a season 1 feel to it, especially with the lack of fantasy moments. Solid acting by all those involved.

I believe that's the only episode in the series without Elliot, Cox, Carla, or Kelso.

You could tell that they were trying to repeat the feeling of "My Old Lady" with that second episode. It was a good episode although they didn't need the steak song bit.

2 very solid episodes tonight. I really enoyed the callbacks to past seasons in the two shows tonight. I honestly wasn't bothered with how J.D. and Elliot hooked up at the end of the episode.

I agree- I thought it was a nice balance of reality (the "blah blah blah" bits) and sweetness (just holding hands).

I originally thought I'd be upset that there would be episodes where entire characters never make an appearance, but they've handled it well so far.

Cox/Janitor/Kelso were all gold in these two. Didn't really get the Sesame Street theme of the first one, but I still like the dynamics with the new interns.

"My ABCs" seemed to me like it was supposed to air as the season premiere but had some clumsy ADR to place it later in the season (both times by Elliot). Maybe that's just me though.

"My ABCs" seemed to me like it was supposed to air as the season premiere but had some clumsy ADR to place it later in the season (both times by Elliot). Maybe that's just me though.

Agreed! The transition from "Denise speaks like normal girl" to "Denise is insensitive and speaks with a kinda low voice" occurred during this episode, when she had already been behaving in an insensitive manner from the beginning of the season.