TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

OAO Primetime Debut Thread

primetime.gif

rhinocage.gif

Ok, I know the show is two weeks away, but they're taping it tonight and Mike Johnson says they want to make it PPV quality, so I figured I start the discussion on it. We already know about the cage match and Angle facing the tournament winner. What else do you guys see happening? Is it a bad idea to give away Angle's first match on TV? How big is this show for TNA? Will you read the spoilers?

I'm staying away from spoilers. If this is going to be the OAO thread, it should remain spoiler-free too; keep spoiler discussion to the appropriate thread.

Really looking forward to the barbed wire cage match, though I wonder how "hardcore" it's going to be, since this is their first primetime show.

Seeing Angle wrestle again is going to be pretty interesting. I really hope Spike is doing a lot to promote this event. If no one knows about it in advance, it's going to be hard for them to get a much better rating than they normally do currently.

Guest Coffey

If they wanted the show to be "PPV quality" they shouldn't be taping it two weeks ahead of time and it'd probably be good if ANYONE knew about it.

I think TNA are on this mad quest to make sure that as few people know about them as possible. If they have any kind of brains, then they'll make sure that every wrestling fan in the world knows about this show and that Kurt Angle is making his in-ring return.

That said, I don't see this going much higher than a 1.2, and that's being optimistic.

I think TNA are on this mad quest to make sure that as few people know about them as possible. If they have any kind of brains, then they'll make sure that every wrestling fan in the world knows about this show and that Kurt Angle is making his in-ring return.

That said, I don't see this going much higher than a 1.2, and that's being optimistic.

I agree. They need to quit taking the Ring of Honor approach to promotion and start taking the WWE route if they want to move up to the next level.

Meltz said these are some of the matches they're planning on:

The winner of Abyss vs. those final three both wrestles Sting for the title on the PPV on the 19th, and will also face Kurt Angle on the two-hour special in the main event. Also Christian Cage vs. Rhino in a barbed wire match will be on the special, as well as an X Division title match, The Naturals vs. Team 3-D in a tables match and a Samoa Joe match. The idea of the special is to be a PPV quality show.

Ugh...I hate tables matches. They're so stupid and antiquated. Still, it looks like a pretty solid show, so I hope things come off well for TNA.

I'm not sure I understand that booking. If Abyss is the #1 contender he can't go into a PPV having just jobbed to Angle, yet Angle obviously can't job in his first match. Can you feel the DQ?

Abyss wrestling 2 matches, one being against Angle is really weird booking. So Vince Russo strikes again.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Abyss wrestling 2 matches, one being against Angle is really weird booking. So Vince Russo strikes again.

Abyss is wrestling two matches this Thursday on Impact, not on the special next week.

Abyss is wrestling two matches this Thursday on Impact, not on the special next week.

Your right, I read it wrong.

Still, theres no way they can job out Abyss going into a title match.

Come on, Russo is booking. Therfore, Abyss is bound to be doing the job.

I still think were judging Russo to early, but time will tell. I have faith. Maybe, too much.

I still think were judging Russo to early, but time will tell. I have faith. Maybe, too much.

I really think you do. Russo is just going to fuck things up without doing anything positive.

Abyss isn't wrestling two times on any show. He's the one with the bye to the finals. The winner of the three-way is wrestling two-times on this Thursday's show.

Still, theres no way they can job out Abyss going into a title match.

Come on, Russo is booking. Therfore, Abyss is bound to be doing the job.

Does this mean that Abyss will be the Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu NWA World Heavyweight Champion on Sunday?

HA! Abyss as champ, im sure that will never happen. They need him to be the first champion when we get a new face champ.

The thing with Abyss is that once he gets the title, then what? Theres not much else you can do with him. Its the same with Kane, he wouldnt make a good champion.

Ugh...reading the last few posts gave me a headache.

I don't know why they don't just have Angle go up against someone not involved in the title scene right now for his first match. I mean, is someone like Robert Roode or Lance Hoyt not available?

Somone answered that very well in the spoilers thread.

If TNA had booked someone like Hoyt or Roode had been booked into the match, people would have bitched there not using Angle properly.

Im not siding with TNA, i think they should have saved his first macth for the PPV, but they have to hype the primetime debut somehow. And Angle was that hype they needed.