TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sho Funaki

WWE 24/7

Truth be told, Austin really wasn't a main event caliber guy in WCW. At least not in the persona he had in WCW, which to be honest never had a lick of heat outside of maybe the Hollywood Blondes. The one time he got a flat out singles push in WCW was in 1994 with the US title and he wasn't over.

Where was Pillman on that Battlebowl PPV? Was he injured?

Hey guys they havent put up No Mercy 06 up for me just yet, anyways were there any standout legit 3* matches. I make dvds of the best pay per view and special event matches, just wanted to know if I should look forward to No Mercy 06. Thanks in advance.

Hardy vs. Helms and London & Kendrick vs. James & Stevens are both good, but Benoit vs. Regal is the stand-out match of the night. That one's worth watching the show for.

Hardy vs. Helms and London & Kendrick vs. James & Stevens are both good, but Benoit vs. Regal is the stand-out match of the night. That one's worth watching the show for.

Alright thanks alot Aero.

I just bought a dvd recorder, I wish I could get 24/7 on demand. Optimum/cablevision here in NY still doesnt carry it. and it would save me some cash considering they show newer ppvs every few months. I dont even want to think how much I have spent recently buying all the 06 ppv dvds (though at 15 bucks a pop its afraction of actually ordering the ppvs and the dvd comes out like a month later)

I have to admit, I enjoyed No Mercy 06 almost from start to finish. If they would have left out the backstage silliness and that garbage with the Miz, it'd be a serious contender for PPV of the year. Of course, I'm sorta biased being a Smackdown fan and all.

A old school card from Boston Garden is up now. I really enjoyed Piper vs. Orndroff, good brawl with great heat. The crowd was going nuts. In the main event Junk Yard Dog and Ricky Steamboat went up against Mr. Fuji and Don Muraco. Steamboat has got to be one of the top five sellers of all time.

Re: Shorties

If Ginger hasn't figured it out already (I figured it out based on the expiry date), Shorties has been cut from 10 offerings for a month into 5 and 5 (which makes more sense, really). Cogeco has been blowing it here lately and not showing everything it should (it was like this when I subscribed in August but was fine for September - mid November). Sometimes when I complain to them and WWE.com everything gets fixed. I watched the MSG 91 house show today (which is odd since it sounds like everyone else has the Boston show). It was really bizarre watching a Heenan / Fuji feud unfold, apparently based on events from the previous month's MSG show.

Well, we had the Boston show for a while here and then it switched over to the MSG this week. I haven't watched either, since those house shows are a mixed bag. The best one I saw was from June 1991, it had Hogan/Slaughter in a boot camp match. One of Hogan's best matches ever, I swear.

I enjoyed No Mercy for the most part aside from the Miz crap and MVP squashing a jobber. Count me as one who loved the hell out of the goofy Regal backstage stuff (thankfully they blipped out his dick showing). Regal is one of the few who can put that silly stuff over, with his "I was accosted in the shower!" rant at Teddy Long. The match with Benoit was really good too.

I still eagerly await D2D.

Oh crap, that Boston show was there weeks ago, my bad. I went on vacation on the 1st and returned on the 10th and was too busy between the 27th and 1st to watch most of the stuff that was available, and a lot of it expired on the 9th. I managed to watch Battlebowl and hated it. I at least thought I would be interested in the randomness of it, but the randomness actually made me hate it more as no match had 4 solid, over wrestlers in it and everything was pointless and boring.

Watching the latest Prime Time, the result between Demolition and the Bees was rather unexpected.

Watching the 11/25/96 Monday Night War, I enjoyed the contract signing for Hogan/Piper that was highlighted from WW3, mostly due to Piper telling Virgil / Vincent to back off since he 'taught him how to fight'. That was some good continuity.

Watching the latest Prime Time, the result between Demolition and the Bees was rather unexpected.

Watching the 11/25/96 Monday Night War, I enjoyed the contract signing for Hogan/Piper that was highlighted from WW3, mostly due to Piper telling Virgil / Vincent to back off since he 'taught him how to fight'. That was some good continuity.

How was that episode of prime time? Any standout matches?

No squash matches from Superstars this episode (at least none of those blurred "Superstars of Wrestling" signs, anyway), I think everything that week was from a house show but I don't remember for sure. I remember Hart Foundation vs Rogeau Brothers (good) and Killer Bees vs Demolition (upset win, but maybe the Bees were on a big roll in 87?). There was also JYD vs Macho Man as the main event (fast forwarded). I think the show opened with Koko B. Ware vs. Danny Davis and I don't remember much else outside of that line-up. There was also another Fuji/Muracco joint, "Fuji Chan", which was pretty amusing despite Gorilla Monsoon's claims that it was not. To be honest, I fast forward through most PTW matches and watch the Gorilla / Heenan interplay, which was good as usual (the plot: Heenan promised a big meal for him and Monsoon).

Back to the 11/25/96 Raw, not counting watching the Armageddon Rules match between Taker and Executioner on 24/7 Online, today was the first time I ever saw a Terry Gordy Executioner match (I must not have seen this episode of Raw as I don't remember the Owen/Bret opener or the angle where Bulldog stops Austin from injuring Bret). It was kinda cool that he used Papa Shango's theme music and apparently his finisher as the "Asian Spike" submission.

Regarding "Shorties", it seems to me that their new schedule of gradually adding them through the month instead of just putting 10 up for 4 weeks (or in the case of this month, 5 weeks) has caused more than 10 to be added, which is fine by me. There is a Midnight Express vs Fantastics double ring match from WCCW available now, I will probably watch it tomorrow.

To people with cable companies that WWE is working competently with: Is No Mercy supposed to be gone already (possilby replaced by Cyber Sunday)? I noticed the other day it expired on 1/16 and I assumed CS would go up in it's place, but nothing did. I wish WWE.com would put the full schedule back up, but I have a feeling that not having to be accountable for what the schedule is SUPPOSED to be is a reason it no longer exists. I was kinda bummed that my cable company didn't get the 11/18/96 MNW but at least a good chunk of it was available for in the free section (including the Bischoff heel turn and La Parka debut).

No squash matches from Superstars this episode (at least none of those blurred "Superstars of Wrestling" signs, anyway), I think everything that week was from a house show but I don't remember for sure. I remember Hart Foundation vs Rogeau Brothers (good) and Killer Bees vs Demolition (upset win, but maybe the Bees were on a big roll in 87?). There was also JYD vs Macho Man as the main event (fast forwarded). I think the show opened with Koko B. Ware vs. Danny Davis and I don't remember much else outside of that line-up. There was also another Fuji/Muracco joint, "Fuji Chan", which was pretty amusing despite Gorilla Monsoon's claims that it was not. To be honest, I fast forward through most PTW matches and watch the Gorilla / Heenan interplay, which was good as usual (the plot: Heenan promised a big meal for him and Monsoon).

Back to the 11/25/96 Raw, not counting watching the Armageddon Rules match between Taker and Executioner on 24/7 Online, today was the first time I ever saw a Terry Gordy Executioner match (I must not have seen this episode of Raw as I don't remember the Owen/Bret opener or the angle where Bulldog stops Austin from injuring Bret). It was kinda cool that he used Papa Shango's theme music and apparently his finisher as the "Asian Spike" submission.

Wow! thanks man. I'll get my dvd recorder ready.

I hated when WWE.com took down the 24/7 schedule, because I knew what to look for and when it was coming. The element of suprise isnt to bad for me though.

Having 24/7 allowed me to finally watch the Nitro when Bischoff joined the nWo. Man, what a great segment. The heat was amazing. I had no idea that the fans threw so much garbage into the ring once the nWo arrived. That segment was played out perfectly.

A old school card from Boston Garden is up now. I really enjoyed Piper vs. Orndroff, good brawl with great heat. The crowd was going nuts. In the main event Junk Yard Dog and Ricky Steamboat went up against Mr. Fuji and Don Muraco. Steamboat has got to be one of the top five sellers of all time.

I couldn't agree with this more!

Bischoff had his character down from day one. Watching the segment, how he tranforms from announcer Bischoff to evil, slimeball Bischoff is seamless! I watched some of the Nitro from the week after, and he was EXACTLY how he would be for the rest of the original nWo run.

Dr. V, the lack of No Mercy must be all the way across the board, i don't have it anymore either. The only thing under "Big Ones" or whatever it's called is MSG 91 and Royal Rumble 2000...funny thing about the 2000 Rumble, outside of the HHH/Cactus Jack match, this PPV was more garbage than I remember the first time around. In fact, this is the 1st time I had seen it since it's original airing. I was thinking "man, I don't remember this PPV sucking so damn hard the first time!"

I think it's more a "hindsight is 20/20" sorta thing, you know?

the tables match, at the time was wild, but I've become so apathetic about the matches anymore that it really bored me to tears.

Tazz's debut was cool, but knowing what becamse of his wrestling career, it's just like ho hum...though goofy Angle's early days were always fun.

that Rumble match reminded me of two things: the 98 Rumble that was clearly designed for Steve Austin to win and the 98 Survivor Series title tournament that was clearly designed for the Rock to win. The WWE had a rather dreadful non-ME roster at that point and it really showed in the Rumble match.