TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sho Funaki

WWE 24/7

In watching the Crockett Cup 88 (in theory... I was reading the WON and then FF'd through some of it to get to other things) I realized that WWE did not invent in the blindfold match in 1991 like I assumed they did at Mania VII. That Bunkhouse Stampede match or whatever the battle royal in a cage was called was less dumb than I had imagined from reading about it; I was expecting everyone to climb the cage for no reason and take a big bump to get eliminated, but most of the eliminations were by being taken to the door and thrown out, which makes sense to a point.

we got it here last week But I havent ordered it yet, mostly cuz I dont have a cable box in my room so itll be hard to watch this stuff in the living room unless I stay up real late I guess. but I got my dvd recored so Im burning to get this now. I suppose i need to get a cable box for my room but thatll cost almost 6 bucks a month plus the 6.95 a month for the service, but 13 bucks for all this stuff isnt much I guess. but to get a box Ill have to get an appointment with the cable co and that can take awhile, especially with us suddenly getting winter weather and snow .

I like it when there is a short video clip of something before the program you watch. One of these (probably in September) showed The Headbangers in 1995 in SMW. This was cool as I didn't realize they existed pre-WWE.

A new ECW is up. After getting spoiled by a series of matches involving Malenko and Guerrero, you can't really get excited to see a Hack Myers for JT Smith match but overall I enjoyed the episode. Foley has a great promo at the end. Mid show, Tazz and Joey Styles have a funny conversation about a terrible arena on top of a mountain in Pennsylvania. It can't be said enough how great the addition of Joey to the show has been.

There's also a Hart Foundation special (presumably from Coliseum Video), an AWA episode, and a 87 (November, I believe) house show from Philly (the description lists Macho Man vs Honky Tonk Man).

Sure, the Headbangers were definitely in the USWA and SMW before they got called up to the WWF.

As far as the 24/7 goes, I've been watching a lot of the Monday Night War shows of late. Good stuff there.

Hart Foundation Coliseum Video is good. I had never actually seen any of the Danny Davis saga, just heard about it through commentary and the like, so it was nice to actually see the match they won the tag titles in. There was also a wacky 6 man tag match involving Hart/Neidhart/Honky vs Davey Boy/Tito/JYD. Honky is wearing some stupid looking suspenders.

That ECW show is great, I enjoyed that show more overall than most of the Malenko/Eddie shows. I loved the whole Alfonso angle on the show, even now I wanted him to get his ass kicked. Also enjoyed the tag match main event, especially Stevie's antics of being afraid of the Pitbulls and then Raven finally beats him up and tosses him in!

Whats going on my fellow WWE 24/7 brothers. can any body tell me how long the ECW final battle between Dean Malenko and Eddie Guerrero is. I have about 20min recording time left on my ECW dvd, and I was wondering if I should use a new dvd so I could get the whole match.

Monday night wars is really starting to heat up. The Owen vs. Bret match was pretty good, even with the wild ending. On Raw Austin's stardom is starting to rise and on Nitro the Hogan and Piper fued is starting heat up. Its ablast to sit back and watch this stuff from 10 years ago.

I seem to recall that match being longer than 20 mins. on the Eddie DVD, so maybe set it to LP mode to get it all.

Tapout, that Angle story is hilarious in your sig. Is there anyone willing to dispute that Angle has totally lost his mind at this point? Sabu is a "kid" huh? I suppose Kurt can't recognize when someone is fucking with him, like Van Dam probably was if he said that.

I seem to recall that match being longer than 20 mins. on the Eddie DVD, so maybe set it to LP mode to get it all.

Tapout, that Angle story is hilarious in your sig. Is there anyone willing to dispute that Angle has totally lost his mind at this point? Sabu is a "kid" huh? I suppose Kurt can't recognize when someone is fucking with him, like Van Dam probably was if he said that.

Thanks man I had more space on the dvd than I thought, and since the whole show was dedicated to that match, I pretty much recorded everything except Tazz and Joey comments which were pretty good. I just wanted that classic ECW feel.

Oh yeah the sig is from Angle's classic interview on the Bubba Love Sponge show. Out of all the far fetched stuff he said I thought that was the funniest. But I could see RVD fucking with Angle telling him something like that.

Spring Stampede 94 will be airing this month, and that alone is worth the monthly cost to me. I watched the new ECW episode (good) last night as well as the HoF profile of Sherri (also good).

I watched Kamala vs Andre the Giant in a steel cage match today. Nothing solid workrate rise, naturally, but interesting. The finish was great (I've never seen Andre do a top rope move).

Mike Von Erich and Stella Mae (I think that was her name) vs Gino Hernandez and Nickla "The Lady Giant" Roberts was ok, but the angle where before the match some girl named Sunshine arrived in a helicopter to excite the fans was pretty cool.

I had never seen In Your House 2 before today except for a streaming video (from 24/7 Online) of the Jarrett/HBK match, which watching on my computer caused me to become distracted with other things. It's not a great show or anything, but finally watching a god quality version of HBK/Jarrett was awesome. The opener between Roadie and 123 Kid was ok and the ending move was pretty burtal, especially for the time period in the WWF. Even Razor/Savio vs MOM was not terrible, but I'm a mark for Razor Ramon's offense (love his punches) and seeing Sir Mo do a moonsault was a bit bizarre.

A new month's schedule means a new preview for NEXT month, so here's what we can look forward to in 4-6 weeks:

It’s the “Showcase of the Immortals” as WWE’s signature event, WrestleMania is featured throughout March on WWE 24/7 On Demand.

Plus, all your favorites are here as well:

HALL OF FAME

* From his signature top rope leaps to his unmatched intensity in the ring, few Superstars in the 1980s could excite a crowd quite like “Superfly” Jimmy Snuka. Relive Snuka’s Hall of Fame Career including bloody rivalries with Magnificent Muraco and Roddy Piper and his 1996 Hall of Fame Induction.

THE BIG ONES

* WrestleMania III: The Championship Edition – See the biggest event in wrestling history in a whole new light. This digitally remastered version looks better than ever and features interviews with the Hulk Hogan, Vince McMahon, Ricky Steamboat, Bobby “The Brain” Heenan and many more of the legendary figures who were a part of this groundbreaking event. Video pop-ups throughout provide interesting facts about WrestleMania and the featured Superstars. Of course, all the great matches are here as well, including Hulk Hogan battling Andre the Giant for the WWE Championship and Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat challenging “Macho Man” Randy Savage for the WWE Intercontinental title.

PRIME TIME

* The Monday Night Wars – Michael Cole hosts two (2) new episodes as WWE and WCW continue to battle for sports entertainment supremacy. Highlights include Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Vader on Raw. While on Nitro, Eddie Guerrero battles Chris Benoit and the NWO continues to wreak havoc with WCW.

* Monday Night Raw 3/22/99 – An explosive night on Raw gets you geared up for WrestleMania XV. Stone Cold Steve Austin has a huge surprise for The Rock and Mr. McMahon. Shane McMahon battles X-Pac in a Greenwich Street Fight. Plus, Stone Cold faces the Big Show and much more.

SPECIALS

* Hulk Hogan: The Ultimate Anthology – The biggest matches of Hulk Hogan’s career are presented in this comprehensive collection which includes classic contests against Nick Bockwinkel, the Iron Sheik, Andre the Giant, The Undertaker, Sting, The Rock, Triple H, Mr. McMahon and many more.

* Saturday Night’s Main Event (3/11/89) – The groundbreaking network hit returns with a huge show leading to WrestleMania V. Miss Elizabeth must make the “Decision of a Lifetime” as she is forced to choose between Hulk Hogan and “Macho Man” Randy Savage.

TERRITORIES/ECW

* History of ECW – Tazz and Joey Styles host three (3) new episodes as they chronicle the evolution of extreme. ECW gets an incredible infusion of talent with the debuts of “Stunning” Steve Austin, Rey Mysterio and The Eliminators.

SHORTIES

* Gene Okerlund presents the greatest celebrity moments in WrestleMania history, featuring Pamela Anderson, Liberace, Pete Rose, Ray Charles, Lawrence Taylor, Mike Tyson and many more.

Odd note: This whole schedule disappeared from WWE.com after I copied it, replaced with the February schedule.

In regards to the George Steele Coliseum Video in Specials right now, I figure most are inclined to ignore it, but watch it for the intro. An amazing intro piece that starts with a text crawl on a space background talking about the 5,000 year history of wrestling.

In regards to the George Steele Coliseum Video in Specials right now, I figure most are inclined to ignore it, but watch it for the intro. An amazing intro piece that starts with a text crawl on a space background talking about the 5,000 year history of wrestling.

Ah yes, that's the one that intro'd the CVs from 1985-early 1987. Great stuff there.

Regarding PTW and Heenan's awesome rant about Patera, I know he's supposed to be the heel and all, but Heenan seems to be right. Why is he being blamed for Patera smashing a window and assaulting police?

Love Mean Gene's intro to that installment of the Ken Patera story, talking about rapists and murderers getting off while American Hero Ken Patera had to go to jail.

Regarding PTW and Heenan's awesome rant about Patera, I know he's supposed to be the heel and all, but Heenan seems to be right. Why is he being blamed for Patera smashing a window and assaulting police?

Love Mean Gene's intro to that installment of the Ken Patera story, talking about rapists and murderers getting off while American Hero Ken Patera had to go to jail.

In kayfabe, it was Heenan's bad influence that caused Patera to commit some sort of crime and be hauled to the slammer.

man, Cyber Sunday 06 was really REALLY boring...

Yeah man I watched that shit today and the only decent match was Rated rko vs. DX. Edge mocking DX had me cracking the hell up. I feel sorry for anybody that paid 40 bucks for that sorry ass show.

The ECW show was amazing. Another great promo from Cactus Jack, my goodness its so awesome hearing them again. The Steiner Bros. vs. 2Cold Scorpio and Chris Benoit made me remember how great the Stieners once were. Benoit looked like a million bucks in that match and 2Cold did his thing as well.

I loved this episode of Prime Time. The six man elimination was much better than I thought it would be. How true was the Ken Patera story? My memory when this happen back in the day isnt clear. Bobby Heenan was 100% right, but harsh as hell on Patera if it was a real life situation. And if it was rea,l how did they do the interview with Patera behind bars?

CWF's main event of Hector Guerrero vs. Hercules Hernandez was just getting good before the show ended. I was pissed, but happy I didnt start recording.

When I watch shows Like CWF ECW and NWA I wish someone in TNA management would watch also. Then maybe they will see that things dont have to be rushed and cluttered. Sometimes less is more, as is the case with these wrestling shows from 10 to 20 years ago.

Not that many if any care, but here are the February offerings for WWE Online 24/7. I excluded the repeats. And yes, this may be the worst month ever for subscribers. Nothing but weddings and hookups.

----------------------------------------------------

SummerSlam - "Macho Man" Randy Savage & Miss Elizabeth's Wedding August 26, 1991 | Approx. run time: 10 mins. Long before the Macho Madness, WWE fans were treated to the more romantic and loving side of Randy Savage. At SummerSlam 1991, Savage would stand across the ring from the lovely Miss Elizabeth as the two traded matrimonial vows.

RAW - Test & Stephanie McMahon's Wedding November 29, 1999 | Approx. run time: 18 mins. In the most infamous wedding in WWE history, a starry-eyed and innocent Stephanie McMahon stood next to a bashful Test as the two were set to exchange nuptials. What happened on this fateful Raw would go down in history as one of the most calculated events of all time. Tune in to see how the wedding for daddy's little girl turned into anything but perfect.

SmackDown - Billy Gunn vs. Rey Mysterio September 5, 2002 | Approx. run time: 11 mins. When Gunn went head-to-head with Mysterio, the real shock to WWE fans was after the match. Would Billy Gunn's partner Chuck take the tag team to a new level?

Vengeance - Lilian Proposes To Viscera June 26, 2005 | Approx. run time: 14 mins. During 2005, Viscera and Lilian Garcia had an unlikely relationship form before our eyes. At Vengeance that year, Lilian popped the question to Viscera, and sensing the path his friend was about to take, The Godfather interrupted the happy proposal. Which would Viscera choose - love or hoes?

SmackDown - Mark Henry & "Sammy" January 18, 1999 | Approx. run time: 2 mins. Mark Henry was known as Sexual Chocolate, and in this classic clip from SmackDown, The World's Strongest Man may have met his match.

SmackDown - Melina & Batista Get Close December 12, 1999 | Approx. run time: 19 mins.The voluptuous Melina attempted to use her powers of persuasion to talk Batista out of a match against MNM for the WWE Tag Team Championship. The seduction was on, but would Batista fall for the charms of Melina, or would he just be heating up?

Great American Bash - Evad Sullivan vs. DDP June 18, 1995 | Approx. run time: 3 mins.DDP faced the unstable Sullivan in an Arm Wrestling contest, with the winner getting a date with The Diamond Doll. Could Page overcome the mental instability of Evad Sullivan?

Clash of the Champions - Harlem Heat and Sherri Martel vs. Bunkhouse Buck, Dirty Dick Slater & Col. Rob ParkerAugust 9, 1995 | Approx. run time: 12 mins.The dominant tag team of Harlem Heat was managed by WWE Hall of Famer Sherri Martel, who had been on again, off again with Col. Parker. In this match, the team of Bunkhouse Buck, Dick Slater, and Parker would team up to face Booker T, Stevie Ray and Martel.

Halloween Havoc - Jacqueline vs. Disco Inferno October 26, 1997 | Approx. run time: 9 mins. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Disco Inferno had pushed Jacqueline too far, and the fiery young lady challenged him to a fight at Halloween Havoc. Would Disco dance his way to victory or would Jacqueline have some tricks for him?

SmackDown - Billy & Chuck's Wedding September 12, 2002 | Approx. run time: 18 mins. Billy & Chuck looked proud and happy on their wedding day, and all seemed headed for the first gay marriage in WWE history. Would Billy & Chuck become more than just tag team partners, or would this ceremony last three minutes?

ECW Barely Legal - Shane Douglas vs. Pitbull #2 April 14, 1997 | Approx. run time: 23 mins.Shane Douglas retained his title, but his manager Francine received the surprise of the night, as the original ladies man Rick Rude made his presence known at ringside. Would Francine be in for a Rude Awakening?

SmackDown - Al Wilson & Dawn Marie's Wedding January 2, 2003 | Approx. run time: 11 mins. Al Wilson and Dawn Marie were an unlikely pairing in the love department, but regardless, the two decided to tie the knot. Would the wedding go on without interruption from Al's daughter and WWE Diva Torrie? Could the elder Al rise to the occasion?

Armageddon - Triple H vs. Mr. McMahon December 12, 1999 | Approx. run time: 36 mins. A father's love is not one to be tested by any man, least of all one who drugs, kidnaps, and marries the daughter in a Las Vegas chapel. The Game infuriated Mr. McMahon when he did this to young Stephanie, and the two would face off in a Street Fight at Armageddon. Would Mr. McMahon preserve the honor of his family or would Triple H have one more game to play?

SmackDown - Mark Henry's Therapy Session October 7, 1999 | Approx. run time: 1 mins. Mark Henry visited his therapist and admitted to having too much of a loving relationship within his immediate family. What would Henry tell the good doctor?

Which program?

Anyway, tapout: Yes, it seems the Patera deal is basically true, but the story is being told after he is out of jail (the prison cell is just to set the mood). This is what wikipedia says on the matter:

On April 6, 1984, Ken Patera and Masa Saito went to a McDonald's in Waukesha, Wisconsin that had closed for the night. When they were refused service, Patera threw a boulder through the front window. When police showed up at the Holiday Inn where the wrestlers were staying, a brawl broke out between the grapplers and the officers. A short time later, Patera left the AWA for the WWF. In June 1985, Patera was convicted on two counts of battery on a police officer, and one count of criminal damage to property. Saito was convicted on three counts of battery on a police officer, and one count of obstructing a peace officer. Both men were sentenced to two years in prison.

Patera's friend and former tag team partner Billy Jack Haynes has a different side to this story. He stated that Patera made a minor threat along the lines of, "Let's hope I don't run into you outside of this place" to the McDonald's employee. Then Haynes went on to say that a female police officer later knocked on the two wrestlers hotel room. When Patera opened the door, the officer maced Saito and Patera without warning, causing a full scale brawl in the hotel which had several officers physically assaulted including the female officer, who suffered a broken nose. This ended the marriage between Patera and his wife.

After Patera had served his time, he went back to college at Brigham Young University, where he received a Bachelor's degree. The WWF brought him back to the company in the spring of 1987, airing some vignettes entitled "The Ken Patera Story" chronicling his career and the incident. The WWF did not use the McDonald's name, however, instead opting to say that he broke the window of an unnamed restaurant. To make Patera a babyface, they concocted a story that former manager Bobby Heenan had abandoned him.

Patera was in top physical condition and had tremendous heat when he returned to the WWF. Some wrestling publications even speculated that Patera would reunite with Heenan to face Hulk Hogan in the main event of WrestleMania IV. But his push was short lived. In less than a year, Patera was being used to put over younger and newer talent for the company.

Re: 24/7 Online. I always check out the monthly listing to see what so-so streaming video I'm missing since losing my account and somehow being unable to get a new one. This is certainly not a month I am missing out on.

One of the programs slated for this month is SNME featuring Hulk Hogan vs. King Kong Bundy. Looking up Graham Cawthon's excellent site, that show also featured Randy Savage vs. Bret Hart.

Thanks alot for the Patera story DrVenkman, it makes sense now.

I never noticed how gay Roadie used to look and act. His dance moves were hilarious. He and 123 kid put together a good match. What esle can be said about Michaels and Jarrett? A great **** match.

man I gotta subscribe, i missed out on the rumble 96 and hart foundation video among others. too bad I already bought the cyber sunday dvd. but how can I watch it? i need a box NOW