TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sho Funaki

WWE 24/7

They still insist that WrestleMania VII was moved from the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum because of a bomb threat. I know the WWE has told alot of lies, but to me, that's their second biggest lie, behind the Pontiac Silverdome being filled with 93,173 people for WrestleMania III.

If you're going by levels, Wrestlemania VII was a bigger lie. Wrestlemania III was just a small bit of numbers inflation. When you consider that the AWA and World Class would run stadiums and sell less than half the venue, filling the Pontiac Silverdome was damned impressive.

Yeah...the Pontiac Silverdome number can be somewhat excused because there could have been "bad number counting" or something like that. The bomb threat story is just asinine, though.

Keep in mind that Patterson was the only person on that panel that was there in 1991 and I recall him kind of keeping quiet while Hayes brought up the move. It might be one of those wrestling situations where it was said enough that people just accept it as fact now (like HTM being the greatest IC champ). Or maybe not.

When I was a subscribed in the Summer (and they had the full schedules on a calendar on WWE.com), shows would often be around for a month. Some months, they put to MNW episodes up on the same day, but usually what would happen is there would be two episodes and when one expired 4 weeks later, a new one would replace it (so basically, you got two a month, with a two week gap before a new one).

Without an actual schedule it's very hard to figure out, but it SEEMS their new scheduling for most shows is to make it available for two weeks and then remove it, replacing it with the next one. I think ECW is the exception right now as there is supposed to be 3 episodes in March. Even the Shorties, you used to get 10 at the beginning of the month for the whole month. Now it's on an odd pattern of about 5-6 in week 1, then some more in week 3, and the rest in week 4.

I like the current way of doing it - it really spaces it out nicely. I have e-mailed 24/7 a few times suggesting they air 4 MNW episodes a month, especially upon realization that even skipping 6 episodes or so a year (dog show, tennis, and NBA playoff weeks) it will take about DOUBLE the time of the actual MNW to see all of the episodes... that's a long time.

Guest BigBen

Doe the MNW change every week, or every two weeks? Im still showing the one with the Roberts/Mero main event on Raw. Also, what about the NW show? I still have 12-6 on mine? I just got this, so i dont know how that all works. I did get some other new stuff last week, but these didnt change.

Here's the thing - it seems a LOT of cable companies suck at getting the shows from WWE or WWE sucks at getting them to the cable company. Since you're likely one of handful of people in your market to be a subscriber - and out of all the subscribers, how many actually know what they should or should not be getting? - you need to harass WWE.com's 24/7 feedback telling them you don't have what you should (even if you don't know for sure - just say "I hear some people have this" or "should this section be so empty?". A few posts up, I gave an update of everything my cable provider uploaded on Wednesday (and plan to continue doing so on a weekly basis because, well, that's my plan). In that post, it mentions how I received zero of the Legends shows since the first episode and that I kept e-mailing until I did.

It's very hard to track exactly what should be happening when because WWE removed the calendar.

This week we get old school Madison Square Garden from 1973?! Holy crap, I want to call off of work. We've also got new Monday Night Wars, TNT with Roddy Piper, new ECW and new NWA. The ECW show features the dog collar match between the Pitbulls and Raven/Richards.

You took my job!

There's also an Andre the Giant video in Specials.

I tried watching MNW after work last night, knowing full well that after working a 12 hour shift I would fall asleep. I got through Nitro but fell asleep before the Bret Hart interview on Raw.

Am I getting shorted on the Shorties? I still only have the 3 from last week.

Well I'll take solace in the fact I'm either missing a bad women's match or a boring big man match. I also had a weird thing happen where all of the shows that expired today were gone yesterday, which isn't a promising development.

It also seems to me there hasn't been a new AWA episode since late January, which would mean there was not one this month. I'm wondering if the last episode reached the point where Greg Gagne had been fired, leaving them with no host.

The HBO references during the MSG show are amusing. Vince plugging PBA Bowling and a movie with Shirley Mclaine is great. The show itself is on the dullside but I expected that going in.

Well, it is WWWF stuff from 1973, at least that's what I assume you are referring to. Is it just me or did the WWWF have the worst in ring product for a long time? I might check out that MSG stuff from the 70s and nothing on there is even watchable nowdays, yet I can watch the AWA or whatever from the same time and it's still enjoyable. For instance there was an AWA show a while back from 1973 that had Rhodes/Murdoch vs. Billy Robinson and someone else, that was still quite the good match.

For instance there was an AWA show a while back from 1973 that had Rhodes/Murdoch vs. Billy Robinson and someone else, that was still quite the good match.

That was probably my favourite AWA show that has aired on 24/7. I could be wrong but I think Billy's partner was a young Don Muraco.

Well, they don't show much old NWA stuff from the 70s so I can't comment on it. WWWF stuff from the 1970s is truly horrid for the most part, unless you get guys visiting from Japan or other promotions (oh the irony). The WWWF's actual roster sucked really hard for the most part, no wonder Vince later stole a bunch of guys.

The old AWA stuff I've seen from the 70s is really good, at least the best workers. Billy Robinson was tremendous, Bockwinkel was great, I enjoy Rhodes/Murdoch whenever they show up as well. Patterson/Stevens too.

I somehow forgot about the ECW show (it's normally the first thing I watch!). I have the "Cane Dewy" promo on DVD and I believe I have that Raven/Richards vs Pitbulls match on some VHS tape, but it was still an enjoyable hour.

For political reasons, I found Tazz and Styles putting over The Dudleyz as the greatest tag team ever interesting.

What was more amusing was Taz and Styles trashing Todd Grisham and Josh Matthews, saying how bad it would suck if they were doing the ECW show. And yes, that was a brilliant ECW show this month. Probably one of their best shows ever I'd say. The Foley promo and angle, the Raven/Stevie vs. Pitbulls match.

On another note, am I the only one who finds some of these Nitros to not hold up very well with time? The one on right now is pretty damn dull aside from the solid Piper/Flair stuff on it. Nitro even at its peak had too many aimless matches with guys no one cared about. The Raw from that same week was probably a better show, it at least had UT vs. Mankind in a No Holds Barred match, as well as some Austin/Bret/Owen/Bulldog/Sid stuff.

indeed...I look back and I'm puzzled as to how exactly Nitro beat Raw for almost two years.

nWo, bigger name talent and higher production values (something at which WWE is rarely topped). Nitro just LOOKED like a more important show. Plus they ran two hours live each week. Remember Raw was still often taped.

The Dean Malenko/Jimmy Graffiti match on Nitro was very good. I love going back in time and watching these shows, but as a hardcore Horsemen fan I fucking hate seeing Debra and Mongo being anywhere near the Horsemen name. I was also highly disgusted when Debra claimed she was the most powerful horsemen in the interview with Arn Anderson. Mongo fucking sucked in the ring and he couldnt cut a promo worth a shit. Benoit and Woman were great though.

indeed...I look back and I'm puzzled as to how exactly Nitro beat Raw for almost two years.

nWo, bigger name talent and higher production values (something at which WWE is rarely topped). Nitro just LOOKED like a more important show. Plus they ran two hours live each week. Remember Raw was still often taped.

that being said, I STILL can't fathom it.

I, on the other hand, find myself wondering why I disliked WCW so much. The nWo angle was really cool (and I did enjoy that) at the time, but watching these shows back to back really makes me wonder why I ever thought Raw deserved the ratings win. The only thing I can think of is that while my current tastes have changed to accept the idea of watching Dean Malenko vs Jimmy Graffiti (is that really Jimmy Del Ray?), back then they didn't have the character of a high flying pimp (Flash Funk).

However, when we get into 1997, we'll see because I loved those Canada vs USA Raws and never understood why they didn't beat Nitro.

1997 was flat out my favorite year of Raw, no question. 1997 Heel Bret may be one of my favorite heel runs ever. It's too bad the year ended the way it did, Austin/Bret really deserved the perfect finish that was planned for WM 14.

I need to get a box for my room, cuz I am missing out on stuff, I missed watching the 12/2/96 MNW plus the old nwa and florida shows. I did see the PTW one lkast week, Fuji Vice ruled. Heenan and Gorilla are such a classic pair. weird to see a face Islanders match yea. anyone notice that the superstars of wrestling (I think) banner was blurre din that match and the honky tonk man match?

spring stampede music editing is very weird, the guy dubbing for buffer, actually said word for word what buffer said (at least for the pillman-regal match) I know since i have the commericial vhs sversion of the show (which is sucky since cheap turner had it in ep mode) badd and ddps music is indeed edited, Badd at the time had his second theme, with lyrcis from the wcw albulm (heres comes johhny b badd, you don't want to make him madd, hes as pretty as a picture, he looks just like little richard!!!!!) and ddp at the time had the thtme prior to the "teen spirit" knockoff, a genric theme that started with him saying "good gawd" and motorcycle sounds at the beginn.

odd thing they edited out cactus jacks "mr bang bang theme, yet on the new ECW dvd, that song is used in place of "born to be wild", not only that they didnt use his wwf theme (which apparantly they cant use anymore, considering the new ecw dvd)

Im totally confused now

I gotta record the ss show before it runs out since its better quality than my vhs, despite the editing.