TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Art Sandusky

Spoiler Alert

Exactly. Do we really want to accept Cena as the top babyface of the WWE for the next few years? Does he really compare to the popularity of Rock and Austin? I don't think so.

Exactly. Do we really want to accept Cena as the top babyface of the WWE for the next few years? Does he really compare to the popularity of Rock and Austin? I don't think so.

Horrible comparison.

Rock and Austin were two of the biggest stars EVER. No one is going to reach that.

And Cena's over, he makes a lot of money, he's justified as a main eventer. Having him Honky Tonk his way to the title is an awful move.

Some of Cena's trouble is that he is booked so badly. Like this past week on Raw, Maria gets killed by Umaga and he doesn't intervene until after she is beat down. Then he proceeds to cut a bad promo, rather than check on her. Stuff like this doesn't endear him to the crowd.

It would be like if Austin had waited until after UT and Steph had the unholy wedding to beat up the Ministry. Cena would let UT rape Steph in the middle of the ring, I guess.

Haven't watched WWE since Unforgiven, read the spoiler and match reports to see if its worth catching, but nothings grabbed my attention. I'm not wishing an injury onto John Cena here, but maybes that's what the WWE needs, an injury to Cena to make creative think 'outside' the box and develop decent programs for all the card. Though I guess they'll just do more DX segments to cover for Cena.

Haven't watched WWE since Unforgiven, read the spoiler and match reports to see if its worth catching, but nothings grabbed my attention. I'm not wishing an injury onto John Cena here, but maybes that's what the WWE needs, an injury to Cena to make creative think 'outside' the box and develop decent programs for all the card. Though I guess they'll just do more DX segments to cover for Cena.
I really think it's time to start pushing some other talent. I'm sick of DX, and I will be sick of McMahon again once he's back on TV. Get rid of Coach for fucks sake. Just do something, I can deal with Cena's piss poor work rate if he actually had a decent character.

The funny thing about Cena now is that while he's of higher status than he's ever been before, he more closely resembles his colorful tights babyface character than his edgy rap character that got him over.

I remember from like within his first couple months with the company, he did a backstage segment with Rico, calling him "wolfman" or something. It was terrible skit that I remember bashing at the time, but all of his promos nowadays are very similar to that one. Only difference is he's just a million times more over so he still gets crowd reactions for his awful promos (which, to be fair to Cena, I'm sure are entirely scripted by a lame Raw writer).

Cena really has great charisma, the type where most people I know want to like the guy, but he's booked as such a fucking tool that it negates everything that he brings to the table. He's also not that bad in the ring, but he's booked in a way that hurts him there also.

That promo on the last RAW really makes him look even more like a tool, since he complained about things not making sense, but yet he has to wait for his theme music to hit before he can make the save, and then cuts a good, yet very wrong promo considering what just happened.

I've watched his "Five Questions" show before and it's not that bad. They really should just have the guy do his own mic work because whoever writes his scripts makes him an even more dislikeable dork than he already his.

Oh, okay. Whew. I mixed you up with the guy who has all the champions in his sig. When the show's lost him, it's over, you know?

When ChrisMWaters and/or Downhome stop watching WWE, it is over, it's all over.

I used to watch WOW and started watching WWF in 1994, a week before Duke "The Dumpster" Droese was going to debut.

This stuff now is nothing in badness to me.

To me, it's not bad these days, it's just boring. '94-'95 may have been really bad for the most part ('95 much more so), but at least there was some interesting stuff thrown in there, something I wanted to watch. Not now.

There's a point where you get tired of complaining and just need to turn it off.

I got there a few months ago.

I don't even care enough to read the results just for bitching, like I did for a few years.

It sucks. I want to care, but it's just not happening.

Seconded. Even making fun of the BS on screen has lots its appeal.

Has anyone noticed that HHH's limelight-hogging and making other wrestlers look like useless losers has reached new heights, but we aren't getting nearly the level of complaining that we used to get?

I think a lot of people are just burnt out, feel things aren't going change, and are just moving on.

I haven't even put a new mocking picture in my sig in a while.

Cena's incredibly incredibly boring. I don't care the kiddies like him. All the intelligent fans can't stand him. A lot of Raw's been bad for quite a while, but he was the straw that broke the camel's back as far as causing me to tune out for good.

If I heard that Cena was out of the main event picture completely, there were other people in the title feud, etc., etc., it might be enough for me to at least give the show a try again. Honestly though, that fucker's stupid goofy promos make me want to throw a rock through the television screen and his matches are even worse.

A 15 minute Cena interview followed by a 15 minute Cena match is just behind a 30 minute Vince McMahon promo in terms of something I'd want to be in the main event. (Yes, all the shit with Vince got me to quit watching too, but he's still not quite as bad as Cena.)

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

Are you saying there's no such thing as an intelligent "internet" fan. Don't be so crazy.

There's a reason I didn't post in last night's Raw thread: I didn't watch it. I've decided to stop for a while.

That's what happened to me. The stoppage became permanent because watching WWE is a fucking waste of time. You put in the hours watching their show, but they don't reward you for doing so. That's the biggest problem.

Horrible comparison.

Rock and Austin were two of the biggest stars EVER. No one is going to reach that.

And Cena's over, he makes a lot of money, he's justified as a main eventer. Having him Honky Tonk his way to the title is an awful move.

I meant retaining the title Honky Tonk style, whenever he eventually turns heel. That came out wrong. Ric Flair retained the belt that way for years.