TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Ghost of bps21

Angle vs. Joe

You know damn well what he meant. Angle is perceived as a "WWE guy."

Let's end that.

That's up to TNA, not us. If Angle is booked as being completely superior to every TNA guy, it won't matter.

TNA dug themselves into a hole with this one. I like the choke-out DQ finish idea though, they should go with that.

I still think they should have it at 1-1 before they do a title match between them, that way, the rubber match will be so much better.

OK...I'm watching Joe vs Angle right now, and I'll post further thoughts later...but it's _extremely_ annoying to hear "This is awesome" chants five seconds into the match.

OK...

I enjoyed the match. It was a good, very solid wrestling match. Five stars? No...probably closer to four, maybe down to three and a half if you're really picky. Very entertaining, and I felt it was a good length. Could've been longer, but that's really just splitting hairs. The pacing was good, there were some cool spots (really liked Joe's enzuigiri when he put Angle on the top rope), and it had "juice" that meant something.

Do I think Joe should've gone over? You bet. Does it ruin the feud or ruin Joe to have Angle beat him? Nope. A good match is a good match, regardless of who wins. It's clear TNA is planning on getting some mileage out of this one yet.

Wouldnt it have been a better choice to have Angle face smaller opponents at first and build up the the Joe match? They could have extended the Joe streak another 6 months. Now he seems like just another guy, and who on the roster can they build another match with Angle that will be hyped just as much if not more? There are still matchups I'd like to see as a fan but none, aside from guys that Jarrett's already beaten, that wouldnt seem like a step down from Joe.

Personally I was somewhat disappointed by the match. The action itself was fine but the length and ending of the match really bugged me. Why Angle felt the need to call for the ending so soon I'll never know. It was obvious from how long was left compared to when the show actually ended that they had been allocated more time than was used. Which, considering all the hype, was a big disappointment. Also, the ending of the match annoyed me. I really felt that Joe should have went over. It makes the TNA star seem second-rate to the former WWE star. It also ruined what could have been a great rub for another talent had they ended Joe's undefeated streak.

Then I find out that Joe/Angle II will take place at Turning Point. Why? Why not give a bit of a gap between matches rather than just blowing their wad so quickly? Seeing as this is supposed to be a series of matches a bit of time between bouts would make them seem more special and make them more anticipated.

I really think, or rather, pray, that they're approaching this in a Punk/Joe fashion, to have three progressively better and better matches (yes, I know Joe/Punk II was better than the rubber match, but whatever) that will help get both of them over rather equally. As feuds in ROH have proven, and feuds in the X-Division (see: AJ/Daniels) have proven, you can have one competitor go over and still have the other look strong.

If this was the only match between them, then that wouldn't have worked, because it wasn't long enough, and Joe really took the Ankle look "too easily" for such a huge huge match. But as part 1 of 3? The potential is limitless.

Just seen this match, due to the timelag of seeing it over here. And seriously, I've no idea what was going on. The suspense wasn't helped by a commercial halfway through (the Wrestling Channel has adverts rather than showing the whole PPV unbroken) for the next TNA PPV that hinted Angle won, but still... WHY have Angle beat Joe and end the streak? It's pointless! Angle's just come in and beaten the new World Champion clean (and don't get me started on Abyss's "win") and then broken the 18-month-or-whatever-it-was undefeated streak of Joe. TNA have just basically held up their hands and said "yes, OK, someone coming out of WWE owns our entire fed, we're shit in comparison".

Apart from the whole repercussion aspect of it, the match was... OK. However, the fact that Angle started bleeding so early made it pretty clear that he was winning, I felt. And I winced when he dropped Joe on the third German, he's been in two matches and he could have already broken someone's neck if the fall had been less kind.

Well, like I said... I'm cautiously optimistic on this one, because it wasn't there only match. It is possible to have a feud put both wrestlers over, you know...

Angle won, but still... WHY have Angle beat Joe and end the streak? It's pointless! Angle's just come in and beaten the new World Champion clean (and don't get me started on Abyss's "win") and then broken the 18-month-or-whatever-it-was undefeated streak of Joe. TNA have just basically held up their hands and said "yes, OK, someone coming out of WWE owns our entire fed, we're shit in comparison".

I think we're meant to ignore that because it was Joe vs Angle in a '*****' match.