TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Red Baron

Has anyone seen the trailer for this movie?

I mean its a bit over the top, and also a bit inaccurate so far (unless the movie corrects me) but this looks amazing.

Inaccurate? If you mean in the historical sense, to be fair it's supposed to be an adaptation of a comic book (GRAPHIC NOVEL), not a historical account. If you mean inaccurate in regards to adapting Frank Miller, I wouldn't know since I've never read it.

Eaither way I've been waiting for this movie for a long time (it's up there just below Spider Man 3 and The Transformers on my "most anticipated" list) and the trailer looks really nice. I didn't think Nine Inch Nails and ancient Greece would be a good match, but there ya go.

Considering the trends in the movie business should I expect 3 more films with similiar plot like historical epics about Hannibal or Khan or Homer or Zulu?

Guest Vitamin X
Considering the trends in the movie business should I expect 3 more films with similiar plot like historical epics about Hannibal or Khan or Homer or Zulu?

If that's the case, fine. Teach those idiot kids something about history, somehow.

And there is a film about Genghis Khan coming out soon, as well. Long overdue.

What they REALLY need is a Shaka Zulu movie. And have it star Samuel L. Jackson.

"I want these MOTHERFUCKING ANGLOS off this MOTHERFUCKING CONTINENT!"

Vin Diesel is set to star in and apparently direct Hannibal the Conqueror coming out in 2008. I remember hearing about him training with elephants a few years ago so he seems pretty committed to this project. Hannibal the Conqueror (2008)

Probably. Although I suppose they're taking their sweet time with this one, if you consider Troy to be the first movie in this current run of historical epics...

That new trailer looks wicked... Really hyped about this movie.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0055719/

A great flick. Comes pretty cheap too. My gal's brother has it, got it online for about 8 bucks.

Yeah, picked it up in a Wal-Mart bargain bin for like 6 bucks. Apparently it's Miller's inspiration for The 300? That's what I heard, so it could be pure conjecture.

How does that look like Miller's inspiration for 300 in any way?

http://imdb.com/title/tt0055719/

A great flick. Comes pretty cheap too. My gal's brother has it, got it online for about 8 bucks.

Yeah, picked it up in a Wal-Mart bargain bin for like 6 bucks. Apparently it's Miller's inspiration for The 300? That's what I heard, so it could be pure conjecture.

How does that look like Miller's inspiration for 300 in any way?

The story is. It tells the story of the Battle of Thermopylae, which begat a little thing called Western Civilization and stuff. 300 is based off of Miller's graphic novel. He didn't write the story though.

The story is. It tells the story of the Battle of Thermopylae, which begat a little thing called Western Civilization and stuff.

Yes, I know about the battle of Thermopylae. But why would someone say Miller based his graphic novel on the film "The 300 Spartans" when it's pretty damn likely that Miller based it on the actual battle itself? 300 the book and the film looks nothing like "The 300 Spartans."

300 is based off of Miller's graphic novel. He didn't write the story though.

So the creators of "The 300 Spartans" did write the story? You said you already knew about the actual battle of Thermopylae so I don't know what you're trying to say.

I fully expect this movie to blow my balls out of the back of my head. I may be so geeky as to say 'nards'.

It's obtainted good 'snazzy' reviews so far. So i'll probably see it opening night.

I dont't think the Spartans will win the battle, but Greece will win the war. Battle of Thermopylae. LOL

I read a review awhile ago on it and it said if you tire easily of slow motion action shots, you will be itching to leave the theater. I think that was the review an early cut of the film got.

Heading to the IMAX for this one soon........looking forward to the experience!

Just saw it and it was action packed. If you go into it hoping for some bad ass action it certainly wont disappoint. I really enjoyed it and definitely recommend it. It looks like it will do some major box office too since the theater I went to had 4 midnight screenings close to selling out.