TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Red Baron

Loved the movie, by no means a piece of great art, but it was a lot of fun. Could have done without the wife's subplot taking so much time, but I suppose they needed a break from the action

Loved the movie, not many films make you stop and realise that you're seeing something special. As for Dominic West in this movie, I think "Bubs" would say...

bubblesbt0.jpg

Et tu, McNutty?

I saw the movie last night at our downtown theatre ($4.25 on Tuesday) and really enjoyed it. Unfortunatley it's also March break for the schools and there were more young people there than I am used to for the last showing.

Some girls behind us thought the lines "I'm a potter" and "I'm a blacksmith" were the funniest things ever. Then, when

Theron was stabbed

all the chicks in the theatre went insane. That was... odd (although after the movie when we went to a friend's who had seen it on Friday, he told us the same thing happened to him). The chick that thought "I'm a potter" was comedy gold wouldn't stop loudly crying after the last battle.

Yeah... how was Dominic West in this? I've never seen him in anything besides The Wire and I'm kinda curious.

McNulty was a COMPLETE PRICK! There was a scene where he was a major douche.

He's more or less about to rape the queen and tells her. "this will not be over quickly, and you will not enjoy it"

I can usually see actors outside of their known roles, but I was waiting for Bunk and Kima Lester to show up

The whole movie I thought "who IS that asshoole?"

I've only seen half a season of The Wire, but goddamn, he is the ultimate sleazebag in 300. I didn't know it was possible to arch your eyebrows that high outside of the Sunday funnies.

The whole movie I thought "who IS that asshoole?"

I've only seen half a season of The Wire, but goddamn, he is the ultimate sleazebag in 300. I didn't know it was possible to arch your eyebrows that high outside of the Sunday funnies.

It makes him look more EEEEVIL!!!!!

Leonidas would make Maximus from Gladiator his bitch.

I'll second, this was the most manliest movie ever, but about half of my midnight IMAX showing of this was all females, and they loved it.

I love the scene where

the queen killed Theron. Totally didn't see it coming, and it got some nice "girl power rahhhs" from the audience.

I was sorta dragged into seeing this, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Has anybody read the graphic novel yet? After reading it i have more respect for the movie. Wont spoil too much here but u guys need to find it and read it.

The picture was amazing in the movie.

The end picture zooming out of all the dead Spartans was fucking breathtaking. It was like a painting from the Romantic or Neo-Classical era...just awesome.

I'm not usually a fan of gore (couldn't watch a horror movie if my life depended on it), but this was just awesome. I thank my boyfriend for dragging me to see this movie.

I was upset when the captain's son died from the beheading. He was cute and endearing! But seriously, the way the dad just went on a killing rampage with no regards to his own life in a grieving rage was fucking great.

Just got back from the flick. Fuckin loved it.

It was no Sin City but it was still pretty fucking good. Even if my date wouldnt shut up about how awesome the Spartans were on the way home.

I was just gutted that we didnt get no Spider-man 3 trailer. We got some shit about a messenger and some other shit film with Marky Mark.

The thing I liked most was the Persian army's attire. From the first messenger and his bowmen to Xerxes himself, all the big guys on that side had ridiculously cool looks. I wish Xerxes would've gotten more screen time.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, the Immortals had some pretty tight gear too, even if their masks did cover up their hideously disgusting figure lurking within.

I got the figures for the Immortals because i thought they were cool. But i also got the king too, not a great figure, but looks cool next to the Immortal.