TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

HD: James Riggs squash

The opening strains of [i]Dani California[/i] welcome us back to the arena.  James Riggs and Staci step out to mild boos, mostly because this is only his second OAOAST appearance.  If they knew him better, they would be wanting to strangle his smug ass.  

*DING DING*

BUFFER
The following is scheduled for one fall with a twenty minute time limit.  Approaching the ring, being accompanied by Staci, he hails from Torrence, California, weighing in at two hundred and thirty-six pounds...JAAAAMES RRRRRIGGGGGGGS!!!!

COLE
We're back on HeldDOWN in L.A. and we're about to see the HeldDOWN debut of James Riggs, a man who made history in winning his first match here in the OAOAST at Syndicated in a record seventeen point five seconds.  

Staci leads him up onto the apron and balances herself on the middle rope, holding them open for her man, who plants a kiss on her exposed midrift as he ducks under the top rope causing her to theatrically throw her head back and giggle.

BUFFER
And his opponent, weighing in at two hundred and twenty-eight pounds.....Ben Orenthal!

COLE
We got some words from James earlier tonight, so let's go to them now.

The main screen sinks to the lower right and a new window flies in on the upper left showing Riggs and Staci standing in front of a HD backdrop.

RIGGS
I know that everyone was anticipating my HeldDOWN debut last week, but Staci and I were celebrating my debut victory in Cancun and.....well, let's just say our (sly smile to Staci) all night "celebration" left us a little tired out and we missed our flight to Phoenix.  It doesn't matter, because I know my growing legion of fans would rather see me make my television debut in one of the greatest cities in the world instead of some hole in the middle of the desert.  Syndicated was just a sneak preview, so sit back, relax, and enjoy the action packed season premiere....of James Riggs.

We go back to live action just as the bell rings and Orenthal tries to gain the upper hand early, charging in and peppering Riggs with right hands, backing him into the ropes and shooting him off, but Riggs reverses the whip, sending Ben into the ropes and charging after him, ducking under a clothesline attempt and springboarding off the middle rope with a flying forearm smash.  He pulls Orenthal up by the hair and quickly hooks him for a snap suplex, floating over for the cover.

2.....but Ben kicks out.  Riggs pulls him up again and brings him to the corner, delivering repeated kicks to the gut before using the middle rope to bounce up and score with a kick to the jaw.  He sets him up for a whip to the opposite corner and charges after him, looking for a Stinger splash, but Orenthal moves out of the way just in time, sending Riggs crashing chest first into the turnbuckles.  Riggs recoils back and spins around right into the arms of Orenthal, who takes him over with a northern lights suplex and pin.

2....but Riggs kicks out.  Ben charges and Riggs drops down, allowing Ben to leap over him and hit the opposite ropes.  Riggs tries a hiptoss but Ben floats through it, knees James in the gut to double him over, flips over him and picks him up for a backdrop suplex, but Riggs shifts his weight and falls forward, planting Orenthal face first into the mat.  Riggs rolls to his feet and waits for Ben to get to a sitting position before he bounces off the ropes and dropkicks him right in the nose. He covers.

2.....but Ben kicks out again.  

COLE
Some amazing action here.  We're just letting it speak for itself right now.

Riggs pulls Ben to his feet again and pushes him into the ropes, firing off a pair of stinging chops to the chest before he shoots him off, but Orenthal reverses again, sending Riggs into the opposite ropes.  Orenthal ducks for a backdrop, but Riggs leaps over him, landing behind Ben and hooking him in a full nelson.  He picks him up, but instead of slamming him to the mat or onto his BUTT, Riggs drops to a sitting position himself and turns Ben sideways a bit, dropping him backfirst onto his knees.

"OHHHHHHHHH!!!"

COACH
Ooh, his upper back and neck right onto the knee.  That has to sting.

Riggs covers.

Ben [i]barely[/i] kicks out before three.  Riggs slaps the mat and protests to the referee while Ben grabs the back of his neck, a grimace visible on his face as Riggs drags him back up and whips him into the corner again, charging in and springboarding off the middle rope to score with another dropkick to the face.  Ben slumps in the corner while Staci applauds at ringside.  Riggs gets to his feet and whips Ben into the opposite corner before he looks over to her, blowing her a kiss and raising his arm into the air.  

COLE
This may be the end here.

Riggs charges at Ben, rolls forward and buries his foot into his face with the rolling wheel kick!!

COLE
There it is!  That devastating kick!

Ben flops face first to the mat and Riggs rolls him onto his back and covers.

COACH
It's all over but the shouting.

3!!!

*DING DING*

"BOOOOOOOOO!!!"

[i]Dani California[/i] plays as Riggs rolls off him and Staci hops onto the apron to enter the ring.  Riggs lets the referee raise his hand for about a second before he pulls it away and gets his congratulatory kiss from Staci.

BUFFER
LLadies and gentlemen, here is your winner....JAAAAAAMES RRRRRRRIGGGGGGGGSSSSSS!!!

COLE
An impressive HeldDOWN debut for James Riggs.  

COACH
I guess he wasn't just bragging when he said he was good, eh Cole?

COLE
There's still plenty of guys in the back that would give him a run for his money, but you can't help but be impressed by this 25 year old.  Let's go to Josh.

Sign in to follow this