TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Decemberists

WON TNA News and Notes - November 13th

I always thought Christy Hemme was supposed to be Raven's GF...

"The Movement" is a pretty cool name, but the members sorta suck. Who will be the first to call them "The Bowel Movement"??

WWE was very interested in Bob Sapp, but Sapp didn't want to be owned completely and that's wwe's MO with their talent. He was supposed to be ECW's next big thing.

Yeah, i really liked that gimmick.

That Bob Sapp dude looks pretty good, id mark out for him in TNA.

This is TNA we talking about, they will never spend money on proper promotion and if they did it will be something like taking ads out during Raw. TNA can sign Shamrock,Sapp and Puder all tomorrow and still would draw low buyrates and ratings.

There is scheduled to be a major marketing push for the two hour special next week. They've bought local cable company ads during Raw (they're unable to buy national advertising on USA as the WWE contract forbids USA from advertising other wrestling companies). The ads will be focused around major markets during Raw and Smackdown, and on ESPN and Comedy Central. Radio advertising in major markets has also been bought. The ads are based around the theme "Now that Kurt Angle has jumped to TNA, TNA is making the jump to Prime Time

Thanks to Angle being super positive about TNA and Christian not having a bad word to say about the promotion either there's an icreasing number of near-top WWE guys quietly discussing the possibility of jumping over should the chance present itself when their contracts expire. The drop in pay is made up for by the much easier schedule, but ironicly many TNA guys are complaining about being booked by the office on too many indy dates.

From Wrestlingexposed

The word going around the WWE locker room is that Vince McMahon’s behavior is getting even worse. One source was quoted as to saying "He has everyone on edge because you never know when Vince is going to show up." McMahon is said to be very moody and unpredictable.

A top unnamed WWE superstar has been telling friends that he wished he wouldn’t have signed a contract extension with WWE for as long as he did. The superstar says he would prefer to head to TNA for a variety of reasons.

Another WWE wrestler was quoted as saying "The guys who used to be marks for being in WWE are starting to see TNA as a better place to be. TNA is seen as a viable alternative by more and more guys."

WWE is aware of these issues, and therefore is requiring superstars to re-sign at least four to six months before their contracts expire so they will not be featured in main events one week in WWE and then debuting in TNA the next.

I can't believe Bob Sapp isn't already a huge US pro-wrestling star. The guy is a frigging monster with charisma. TNA should definitely sign him if at all possible.

While no one is saying WWE is going to fall to TNA anytime soon, stuff like that really draws comparisons between current WWE and post-'98 WCW.

TBH, i think the "top level wrestler" there talking about is Edge. Seen as though he was thinking of leaving to join Christian and Rhino, and the only reason he stayed is cause the promised him a title run. Now that Angle is there, he must be wishing hed gone there.

I think Matt is the same, life probably would have been sweeter for him if he'd gone to TNA.

Guest traveshamockery
WWE is aware of these issues, and therefore is requiring superstars to re-sign at least four to six months before their contracts expire so they will not be featured in main events one week in WWE and then debuting in TNA the next.

If WWE is aware of these problems, is trying to re-sign the talent earlier really the best possible way to rectify the situation? Shouldn't they actually make an attempt to fix the actual problems and improve morale?

Anyway, I would say that both Benoit, Edge, and Matt are pretty decent guesses. This seems like it is more widespread than just two or three guys though. Of course, I am sure that there are guys in TNA who are seeing greener grass in WWE as well.

My guess the top star could be Beniot. Beniot is the most recent top star, that I can think of that recently re-signed a deal with the WWE.

I don't think it could be Matt Hardy just because he was stupid enough to go back to the WWE when he had a chance to really push himself over huge and could have went to TNA, but he fucked that all up for himself. I also don't think it was Edge either. Ever since the whole "I fucked Lita" bullshit, he's been sitting nicely as the top heel for Raw. I can't see any reason for him wanting to go to TNA.

What about RVD - When did he re-up with the wwe? ECW has not met expectations and are now touring the houseshow circuit with SD! and there is a disticnt possibility that he will not hold the ECW title any time soon IF he doesn't get it at D2D. If Lashley does jump and gets the title, I have to believe that he'll hold on to the title for awhile and by the time he is ready to drop it, CM Punk will likely be ready for the title.

TNA would seem like an ideal fit for RVD, style-wise and schedule wise.

Also, Edge is in the middle of the push of his life.

Im not sure a near 11 month fued with Cena then being buryed by HHH in a tag fued a great push. But it seems to be working.

I still think its him, i can see it being Benoit too, and maybe RVD, esspecially since the whole ECW project has gone to pot (pun intended)

Bob Sapp could and should be a huge force.

Just have him come out dancing to some funky music, with a boa and other fun stuff, then have him crush an apple with his bare hand, then cut a promo as THE BEAST~! promising he's gonna beat them up, then have him crush people with wild looping punches.

Insta gold.

That or you can play up the Beast gimmick all the way, without the racial stuff. Have him come in as a hugely pissed off mentally retarded monster who just wrecks people with whacky eyes...THEN have him dance.

Edit: If you still doubt the potential greatness of Bob Sapp, I present evidence A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Nj2RPyR0FQ...ted&search=

Bob Sapp v.s. Great Muta pt 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wq0YdbHlxo

pt. 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUMLgCUen60...ted&search=

Nobody in their right mind would call Bob Sapp a good worker. Or really anything beyond passable. He has BUCKETLOADS of charisma though, which is pretty evident here. This is from Wrestle-1, Muto (Aka Muta)'s insane plan to rip off WWE that failed.

Considering the people TNA and WWE have brought in, Sapp is a step above most if only for the fact that he's apparently a really nice person, and is willing to learn. Just let the man dance, that's all you gotta do.

Edit: I had never seen this before...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi_5uenoLRo

Benoit was telling people he was a "lifer" with WWE so I doubt it's him....

I think RVD is one of them based on events with him and he resigned at the start of this year.....

The other one is probably someone who's pissed he's not getting a push like Shelton Benjamin.

I have to say, from the looks of things, hes not a great wrestler, but i dont care, the man has far too much charisma.

Oh, and did anyone else notice this?

newmuta.JPG

and

jason-x.jpg

I have to say, from the looks of things, hes not a great wrestler, but i dont care, the man has far too much charisma.

Oh, and did anyone else notice this?

newmuta.JPG

and

jason-x.jpg

WTF is that?

I get the feeling Bob could literally throw someone through the ceiling of the Impact zone.

And this entrance makes HHH's seem short but man, it's amazing.

Also, he seems like he has flashes of being decent and lots of room for improvement. If TNA can get him, they should get him. Pretty good body control for a man his size and the big freak seems willing to fly and does a pretty nice dropkick.

And did Muta just blow Bob up? That was like some Undertaker crap there.

Whos Bob Sapp?

Mark Henry on steriods.

Why sign Bob Sapp when TNA can just shoot up Monty Brown with every possible steriod they can into his upperbody and repackage him as the DC comics character that broke Batman's back?

A black Bane. Don't see why it couldn't work, I guess.

Seriously, from what I've seen, despite resemblances, Bob Sapp has way more charisma than either Monte Brown or Bobby Lashley.

Guest netslob

jesus, that fucker is HUGE! seriously, as soon as i saw that pic, i threw my wallet at the screen and bolted out of the apartment. fuck!

Bob Sapp has way more charisma than either Monte Brown or Bobby Lashley.

My ass has more charisma than monty brown.

Seriously, from what I've seen, despite resemblances, Bob Sapp has way more charisma than either Monte Brown or Bobby Lashley.

Bob Sapp has charisma coming out the wazoo. If Sapp was trained to work smartly, you could easily build a promotion around him.