NO/OK @ Minnesota, 8:00

Indiana @ Milwaukee, 8:30

Memphis @ Dallas, 8:30

Toronto @ Denver, 9:00

Phoenix @ Utah, 9:00

Philadelphia @ LA Clippers, 10:30

Seattle @ Golden State, 10:30

Guest Felonies!

Not looking forward to three Texas games, followed by four games out west. I'll check back on the NBA in like two weeks.

Guest Felonies!

Hey, at least they can't get swept out of the playoffs this year. Too bad, I have a soft spot for the Grizzlies.

Oh shit, Al Harrington just laid down the gauntlet to the Bulls.

Reporter: "A lot of people picking the Bulls to go far in the East, are they that good?"

Al: "I don't think so...I think we're definitely a better team, if it comes down to us in the playoffs, I definitely think we get the best of them."

From the local sports show, following the game. Not his exact words, but strong ones. Not sure I agree with them, but we've been much better thus far than I've expected.

At least the Grizzlies' shitty season will end with a high draft pick and Pau back next year. If they get lucky they could end up with that Oden kid and be blessed the way the Spurs were the year they tanked and got Duncan.

Great game tonight by the Rockets. They played ugly ball through 3 quarters, which is something they're quite good at and usually messes the other team up. Then in the 4th, they found their shooting touch and ran the Heat off the floor. Yao was dominant again. If they can stay healthy and T-Mac gets in shooting rhythm, the Rockets will be a dangerous team.

Oden says he won't come out, but why stay for another year when he'd more than likely be the # 1 pick in this upcoming draft? Matt Leinart should provide the best example of why that's a risky move.

Two reasons why he might not come out is because of what Joakim Noah did. It seems like players are going to stay in college more years to be more NBA ready, and also because he has a broken hand. I also heard he wants to win a title there, so we'll see.

ESPN power rankings. Dallas is ranked a little too high, I'd have to say.

1. San Antonio

2. LA Clippers

3. Utah

4. Houston

5. Cleveland

6. Miami

7. Dallas

8. LA Lakers

9. New Jersey

10. Chicago

11. Sacramento

12. NO/OK

13. Detroit

14. Golden State

15. Phoenix

16. Orlando

17. Indiana

18. Washington

19. Atlanta

20. Portland

21. Seattle

22. Denver

23. Philadelphia

24. Milwaukee

25. Minnesota

26. Toronto

27. New York

28. Memphis

29. Boston

30. Charlotte

Thank you Muggsy. I've been looking for that "NO GOOD" gif for ages.

Oh, and the Clips will make the WCF. It has been predicted, so it will come to pass.

There was a moment of silence before the game for "60 Minutes" journalist Ed Bradley, who died last week of leukemia. Bradley was a longtime Knicks ticket holder. ... Frye hadn't even attempted a free throw through the first seven games. ... Managers manager Willie Randolph and third baseman David Wright were at the game, as was Yankees catcher Jorge Posada.

lol, Yahoo

Cool stuff on the early days of Basketball

CLAYTON, Mo. -- It's settled. Basketball really did evolve from a childhood game called "Duck on a Rock."

Such are the revelations contained in a newly unearthed trove of personal documents, photographs and mementos from basketball's founder, James Naismith.

The items, including handwritten diaries and typed notes, were discovered last spring, when Naismith's granddaughter, Hellen Carpenter, went down to her basement to find an old family photograph.

Instead, Carpenter found journals, keepsakes and typewritten rule sheets that open a new window on the birth of one of the world's most popular sports.

Carpenter is auctioning off the documents in December. She said they settle details about her grandfather's invention, such as the "Eureka" moment when he remembered rules from Duck on a Rock, a Canadian game he played as a child, and applied them to his new game.

The items include the first rules of basketball; photos of the first basketball team and basketball court, as well as Naismith's description of the very first game; a whistle Naismith used as the first basketball coach in University of Kansas history; and the passport he used to attend the 1936 Berlin Summer Olympics, the first to feature basketball as a medal sport.

The five boxes of documents, photos and items were handed down to Carpenter from her mother, Hellen Naismith Dodd, Carpenter said. She kept them around for decades without looking through them.

"My mother told me for years that there was nothing of real value there," said Carpenter, 74.

Chris Ivy disagreed. As director of sports auctions for Heritage Auction Galleries in Dallas, he was stunned when Carpenter called him and described the documents casually stored in her home in the St. Louis suburb of Chesterfield.

Documents autographed by Naismith only surface two or three times a year, he said. Carpenter's boxes were an especially rare find, he said.

"It almost crosses into history -- it's not just sports collectibles," he said.

Naismith carefully recorded basketball's birth in 1891.

At the time, Naismith, a native of Canada, was teaching at a school in Springfield, Mass., that trained young men to become instructors at the newly formed YMCA centers that were opening around the country, Carpenter said.

The students got bored during the winter months when they couldn't play outdoor soccer and football. Naismith needed to invent a strenuous game that could be played on small indoor courts.

He tried to adapt lacrosse and football to be played inside. He even introduced his students to a slew of invented games like Hylo Ball, Scruggy Ball and Association Football. None of them took.

Handwritten diaries show Naismith was nervous the students wouldn't like his newest invention -- Basket Ball, as he called it.

Before the first basketball game was played, Naismith prepared the gym by nailing two baskets to balconies on either end of a court and posting 13 rules of the game on a bulletin board.

"I busied myself arranging the apparatus all the time watching the boys as they arrived to observe their attitude that day," Naismith wrote in cursive script.

"I felt this was a crucial moment in my life as it meant success or failure of my attempt to hold the interest of the class and devise a new game," he wrote.

He seems to have gotten mixed reviews. He wrote that Frank Mahan, a southerner, was the first student to walk on to the court. Mahan looked at the baskets and the rules.

"Huh. Another new game," Mahan said, according to the diary.

Still, basketball caught on. But there were glitches. Naismith eventually added a backboard behind the basket so students couldn't stand in the balcony and knock away good shots from the opposing team, Carpenter said.

Naismith also noted in his journal that it took a lot of reminding to keep students from tackling a player when he got possession of the ball.

The game became more popular as Naismith's students went on to teach at YMCAs around the country, Carpenter said.

Naismith knew before his death in 1939 that he had created a lasting game when basketball became an Olympic sport.

"Up until then, he'd just thought of it as a little game," she said.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

Oh, and the Clips will make the WCF. It has been predicted, so it will come to pass.

Found it on the board. It was in the topic where the guys tore Kamui a new one.

Part of me really wants to see the Clippers make it so we can actually go once in our life saying the Clippers are on the finals for the NBA title, but I'm worried they're gonna get nailed by either the other LA team, San Antonio, or Houston. A healthy Houston from the looks of it, is quite the goodness.

Found it on the board. It was in the topic where the guys tore Kamui a new one.

Part of me really wants to see the Clippers make it so we can actually go once in our life saying the Clippers are on the finals for the NBA title, but I'm worried they're gonna get nailed by either the other LA team, San Antonio, or Houston. A healthy Houston from the looks of it, is quite the goodness.

Houston scares me most. Yao Ming in his mediocre years has played like Wilt Chamberlain against the Clippers, I'm afraid to see what happens now. At least Kelvin Cato ain't there no more, Brand would be completely ineffective against Yao and Cato.

It's been a slow week, so here's some "news".

9. During the course of the game between the Memphis Grizzlies and Los Angeles Lakers, Kobe Bryant left the basketball court and entered the spectators’ section where Bill Geeslin was sitting and landed on Mr. Geeslin. While Defendant was on Mr. Geeslin in the spectators’ section, the Defendant committed assault and battery and engaged in extreme and outrageous conduct when the Defendant, without provocation, violently struck Mr. Geeslin with the Defendant’s elbow, causing Mr. Geeslin injury and damages.

Kobe's being sued for assault.

"They are a very talented young team by the way, and I think they are the most talented team out there to be honest with you because they have two stars on their team, and got a very good young player in Andrew Bynum, and they're big, if they can learn to defend a little bit better they are gonna be very very difficult team to beat in the playoffs...."

Lolz.

"They are a very talented young team by the way, and I think they are the most talented team out there to be honest with you because they have two stars on their team, and got a very good young player in Andrew Bynum, and they're big, if they can learn to defend a little bit better they are gonna be very very difficult team to beat in the playoffs...."

Lolz.

I don't see what's so 'Lolz' about that, but hey, you're the Lakers fan....

Mr. Teen-stache and rookie of the year Adam Morrison is having a good game against the Spurs. Give him 2 more years and he can be the next Larry Bird.