TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

NFL Discussion Forumtable

Guest Felonies!

I know you're bullshitting, but I think Boston Patriots sounds better anyway, since there are oodles of teams well outside their anchor cities due to the nature of football stadiums and adjacent parking lots taking up so much space. Even the Pistons are way out in Auburn Hills, which makes me laugh, because they made the NBA safe for white people, yet you have to go into the city for a Wings game.

But anyway, fuck "the New England Patriots." Nobody in Nashua bitches that they're excluded by the Red Sox, Bruins, or Celtics. Just be a Boston team like the other three. And have you ever looked at Foxboro on Google Earth? It's a stadium, surface parking, and wide open space. What a farce. My team's stadium is on a fucking lake!

Guest Princess Leena
Trade QB Aaron Brooks to the Buffalo Bills for a 4th round draft pick.

Lolz.

The talking heads in Buffalo are hopeful they can get Plummer if Denver dumps him next year. Or Griese. Neither of which is much better... I'm probably the only person that hopes they stick with Losman. At least give the kid a chance to play without a restricted offense, because it completely does not suit his hard-throwing, scrambling style.

As far as fixing the Raiders... it's the same as every other team. The key to winning is dominant play on both lines. Get a couple guys who fit perfectly into their scheme, and they can be one of the best teams again. Their defense has already shown it's not that bad.

we've talked about it before...I'd like to see Losman get ONE more year...maybe with some key free agent pickups or a good draft, they'll do better next season. One thing they need is a #1 receiver. I don't think Lee Evans is the guy.

If the NFL were to add two new teams (assuming one is LA), and one team is gonna be in Canada, which Canadian city would you place it in and what would you name it?

Considering the NFL is testing the waters with a planned season game coming sometime soon, I figured I'd ask.

If the NFL were to add two new teams (assuming one is LA), and one team is gonna be in Canada, which Canadian city would you place it in and what would you name it?

Considering the NFL is testing the waters with a planned season game coming sometime soon, I figured I'd ask.

Is football bigger than baseball and basketball? If MLB and NBA had to move teams out of Canada what makes you think that a NFL franchise will work?

Is football bigger than baseball and basketball? If MLB and NBA had to move teams out of Canada what makes you think that a NFL franchise will work?

The NFL is so much larger than NBA and MLB that it's not even funny. They aren't even in the same stratosphere.

From where I live, there is a vast majority of Bills fans because it only takes about an hour to get to the stadium (includes border...at times).

But not only that, you have:

Steeler fans

Packers

Cowboys

Eagles

Raiders

Bengals

Browns

Pats

Colts fans

One Seahawk fan (me, which is damn near impossible to find stuff)

Broncos

Bucs

Dolphins

If anything, I'd put a team in Ottawa, just because its to piss off Torontnians that much more, and it'll be an Outdoor game with good chances of snow.

Guest Princess Leena

I'd think Toronto would be the best chance for an NFL team, since many of those bastards come down to Bills games. Plus, there were rumors a few years ago that half of the Bills home games would be played at SkyDome, but there's no chance of that happening with Ralph Wilson still alive.

The Skydome is horrible to watch a game there, baseball or football. Besides the slightest chance of cloud cover automatically means the dome would be covered.

Play outdoors in minus 30 degree weather, and I'll be happy.

The NFL is so much larger than NBA and MLB that it's not even funny. They aren't even in the same stratosphere.

Still going to have the same problems with taxes, financing stadiums, and finding season ticket holders.

Guest Felonies!

There's a difference between the Vancouver Grizzlies and a Toronto NFL team. I'd like to think they can fill the SkyDome eight times a year, though it would certainly spell the end of the Argonauts.

There's no need for a Canadian NFL team at all. The team would also guaranteedly play in a dome. Fuck that shit. Much like the Silverado is the truck of our country, the NFL is meant to be purely American. 'sides, it'd step on the CFL's shoes. Why try to knock off an organization that can provide players for yours and vice versa?

The NFC is totally wide open.

The Bears are the best team, but when they have performances like they did against the Dolphins and Cardinals it makes you wonder. Plus, you don't really know which Rex Grossman you're going to get.

At this point there's quite a few teams that could make a run, but the main contenders from the NFC, IMO, are Chicago, New York, Seattle, Dallas, Carolina & New Orleans.

I'm not really sold on the Saints, despite their record, but with an offense like that you're always a threat to win.

The problem is not Rex himself, he's good, and any QB is going to have its bad day. What a good offense can do, is spread the ball around against the Bears D. Whether they are quick outs, screens, slants, make every use of that field putting in three or four wide receivers. It'll make the Bears not to blitz on almost every play, and then it becomes wide open.

Seattle main problem is the secondary. Most college schools can torch Seattle secondary if they don't show up, but if they are playing very well, Seattle can have one of the best defences in the league. Offensive wise, Seattle can show with Wallace and Morris they can still put up decent numbers, but when Hasselbeck and Alexander show up, there are some fireworks to be brought.

New Orleans is the other main potential team. Offensively sound, and a well-round D, they can represent the NFC. Only problem is their depth on defence. If injuries hurt the Saints before the playoffs, your looking at possibly a wild-card team or not even making the playoffs.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Two teams I'm not buying at all are Dallas and the Giants. Too many injuries and poor coaching on the latter, and Dallas just doesn't scare me. Their secondary is going to get torched, and torched hard this week. Look for teams to watch the Colts like a hawk this week and figure out how to smoke big D. Guys like Roy Williams are awesome on run support, but teams with decent-good options at WR and a TE that can stretch the middle will kill 'em.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

The Giants win are winning the NFC East. The only team that's a threat to them in that division is the Cowboys and that's just because the Giants have a shitload of injuries right now. Romo is a definite improvement over Bledsoe, but we'll see what he can do once teams get some more film of him. TO is a good player but he's starting to look more like a tight end than an elite receiver. Terry Glenn is the best receiver on that team. With all the Giants injuries, MAYBE the Giants and the Cowboys are even right now. As quiet as it's kept, the Giants were handling the Bears last weekend until they gave up a touchdown late in the second half. That turned the whole game around. The Giants also need a new kicker. The kicker that they have was losing games for them last season and his missed kick against the Bears was the nail in the coffin.

LT for MVP.

Sorry for taking so long to reply to these, life got in the way.

It depends on where the biggest football fanbase would be located. I wouldn't know, but maybe a Canadian member could shed light on that matter.

Biggest two football markets would be Edmonton and Toronto respectively. However, of the two, Toronto is the only one with a domed stadium. You'd be playing football in weather worse than in Green Bay during winter times in Edmonton. McMahon Stadium in Edmonton though, is a football stadium (and more "NFL ready"), and therefore would be the better of the two to watch football.

Toronto's got the most population per area and could definitely start a nice rivalry with the Bills to get fans moving across both borders to watch the games. Edmonton's got probably the loyalist fans and best football operations in Canada (before this season the CFL's Edmonton Eskimos had reached the playoffs a world record 34 in a row times before finally being snapped this season).

But those would be the two best markets. Vancouver wouldn't be a bad 3rd option considering you could get a decent border battle between them and Seattle.

...uh, I'm purposing a question for debate to see what Americans would think would be logical for a team to be made. If you put the team in Toronto and build a rivalry versus the Bills, I think you could very well see the team staying since the CFL (meaning football in general) is more watched than NBA or MLB. Edmonton though is very loyal to their teams. Hell, we've got a NLL (national league lacrosse) team and had only one win, yet the crowd was 10k+ every game (and considering Skyreach Centre holds only 15-16k that's very nice numbers).

Play outdoors in minus 30 degree weather, and I'll be happy.

Heh, considering nearly half of the home games (if Edmonton, Calgary or Winnipeg, it would likely be nearly all) would be played in minus type weather in another city save Toronto, I'd agree with ya.

There's no need for a Canadian NFL team at all. The team would also guaranteedly play in a dome. Fuck that shit. Much like the Silverado is the truck of our country, the NFL is meant to be purely American. 'sides, it'd step on the CFL's shoes. Why try to knock off an organization that can provide players for yours and vice versa?

While there is no need, it will eventually expand north and/or south of the border. Both the game in Mexico and the CFL prove that there is a highly valuable market for football in both countries. If I was running the NFL and saw that in Mexico you could get 100k to a game that means nothing or there is a league up in the Great White North, I'd put ca and sh together to get me some cash. It would and is purely business. And say what you want about no need for a Canadian NFL team, but what about the NBA's thoughts about expanding to Europe or having a Europe conference entirely? Its all about making money, bottom line. And considering both Mexico and Canadian are far closer, more accessable, and easier to schedule games for, I wouldn't be at all surprised for a NFL team to be in one of the Canadian cities before the NBA's expansion to Europe.

The CFL's shoes are already being stepped on because the NFL is staging a season game in Toronto sometime in the near future. While we love our game and call it the "Cool Fun League" to poke at the "No Fun League", truth be told... We don't have many of the rituals that the NFL does. Like tailgate parties, opening shows that have fireworks, and all the bells and whistles. While I hate to admit it, that will attract people away from the CFL and to the NFL. Also because the NFL is staging a game that does in fact have the best players on earth playing in those games, it will add to the fact that the CFL does in fact seem inferior to it.

Today's effort pretty much solidified LT's MVP campaign. Unless he gets hurt he's gonna score 30+ TDs. That's just insane.

Young or Leinart. Who's looked better so far?

Leinart, but not by much. Neither one of them should be involved in the Rookie of the Year discussion. Hell, Bruce Gradkowski right now is the best rookie quarterback to come out of the draft.

Guest Felonies!

For all the talk of how the Bears have an easy schedule, the Patriots haven't beaten anyone with a winning record.