TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO TNA Genesis PPV Thread - November/19th/2006.

genesistop_02.gifgenesistop_03.gif

joeangle.gif

top1.gif

lineup.gif

Card and predictions:

"Dream Match Of The Decade"

"The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe .VS. Kurt Angle.

Winner: Samoa Joe.

NWA World Heavyweight Title Match

Sting .VS. Abyss.

Winner: Sting.

NWA World Tag Team Titles Match

The LAX (Homicide & Hernandez, with Konnan) .VS. America's Most Wanted (with Gail Kim).

Winners: The LAX.

TNA X-Division Title Match

"The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels .VS. Chris Sabin.

Winner: Christopher Daniels.

Singles Match

Christian Cage .VS. "The Phenomenal One" AJ Styles.

Winner: Christian Cage.

3 on 2 Handicap Tag Team Match

The Movement (Frankie Kazarian, Matt Bentley, & Johnny Devine) .VS. Voodoo Kin Mafia (BG James & Kip James).

Winners: V.K.M.

Tag Team Match

Ron "The Truth" Killings & Lance Hoyt .VS. Austin Aries & Alex Shelley (with Kevin Nash).

Winners: Ron Killings & Lance Hoyt.

Tag Team Match

The Naturals (with "The Franchise" Shane Douglas) .VS. Jay Lethal & Sonjay Dutt.

Winners: The Naturals.

Pre-Show:

"The Robert Roode Open Challenge"

Robert Roode (with Traci) .VS.

Eric Young

Winner: Robert Roode.

Guest SoZe

It sure would be nice if they'd just cut the matches no one gives a fuck about, so the ones that are important got enough time, but this is TNA we're talking about. Seriously, what’s the point of The Naturals VS Lethal & Sonjay? Haven't they spent weeks trying in vain to get people into a Natural's vs 3D program?

It's going to suck when people who paid to see Angle-Joe realize they've only got 14 minutes to have "The Dream Match of the Decade!!"

I know this sound severely bitter but that’s what happens when I buy a PPV to see Liger vs Joe and end up getting screwed with a 7 minute match because management thinks anyone gives a fuck if Sonjay Dutt ain't on the show.

"The Robert Roode Open Challenge"

Robert Roode (with Traci) .VS. ???.

Winner: Robert Roode.

I'm picking Sharkboy to win so Roode can complain about Traci not doing her job.

I don't think I've ever been as on the fence about ordering a PPV as I am for this show. I think the top matches will all be strong, but the undercard is so thrown together that I don't know if I want to sit through it to get there. Maybe if I watch last night's Impact angle, the Angle-Joe hype will be enough to get me, but it hasn't yet. I know the match will be great, but something just seems to be missing. Steiner/Joe over the summer felt like a bigger to me, honestly.

The length of Joe vs. Angle I depends on the finish. If they go with Joe losing via DQ for refusing to let go of the choke, then about 18 minutes is fine. It gives the people a long enough main event that they feel like they got their money's worth, but not so much time that the people feel like they wasted time watching a match that had a DQ finish. If the finish is Joe or Angle winning clean, and I think it should be Joe winning, then they probably should go around 23 minutes. Thay way, the match is good enough that the guy losing still looks like a star, and they, hopefully, have a match they can at least top in Joe vs. Angle II.

The length of Joe vs. Angle I depends on the finish. If they go with Joe losing via DQ for refusing to let go of the choke, then about 18 minutes is fine. It gives the people a long enough main event that they feel like they got their money's worth, but not so much time that the people feel like they wasted time watching a match that had a DQ finish. If the finish is Joe or Angle winning clean, and I think it should be Joe winning, then they probably should go around 23 minutes. Thay way, the match is good enough that the guy losing still looks like a star, and they, hopefully, have a match they can at least top in Joe vs. Angle II.

I agree with that. But if they go with the Joe being DQ'ed for "going too far" finish, it almost has to involving him trying to make Angle bleed after the way they've played that up the whole time, right? The choke doesn't do, but I can't really think of what would, because they just did the crazy chair shots finish last month with Rhino and Christian.

They can have Angle bleeding like crazy while Joe has him in the choke. The referee calls for the bell declaring Joe the winner. Joe is happy, until it's announced the referee has deemed Kurt Angle too blooded up to continue and Joe has won on a blood stoppage and not from the choke. Joe snaps, puts Kurt back in the choke and it ends up with the decision being reversed and Angle wins via DQ.

In what must be seen as a blow for TNA, as of this afternoon there were no plans for The Dish Network to carry the live feed of this Sunday’s Genesis PPV.

A Dish TV spokesperson confirmed to WrestleMag.com this afternoon that the satellite provider would not be airing Sunday night’s show, but that future TNA PPVs would air live as normal.

Replays of Sunday night’s show will be available via Dish TV from Monday.

Wrestlemag

Wow I'm pissed - probably looking forward to this more than any TNA ppv ever and now I cant get it Sunday? Well I guess I'll get it Monday or something. If anyone hears more on this Dish Network snafu, please post.

I only want this PPV for Joe vs Angle and that being said...if the finish sucks, I'm never buying another TNA ppv for a very long freaking time.

If they have a 20 minute match that is ***+, I don't really care what the finish is, as long as it's not due to interference. Angle passing out, ref stoppage, Joe getting DQ'ed for keeping the choke on too long, etc., I'm fine with.

As for the rest of the card, LAX/AMW, Daniels/Sabin, and Styles/Cage can all be good-very good matches. Styles/Cage could be a show stealer by itself.

The other three tag matches and the Roode match are filler, though.

To be honest, I'm hoping for a one hour draw. I know its a longshot, but it would be great espically if there's no intereferance.

There are 9 matches on the card, no way that happens.

Joe should win. Kurt could do a big promo putting him over, saying how he's beaten Austin, Rock, HHH...all the big stars, but he couldn't beat Joe. They could go a number of different directions from there.

An hour draw is far too unlikely to occur, especially when Angle probably can’t endure that. Angle’s never been particularly good at long matches anyways. Angle is at his best in the 18-25 minute zone where he doesn’t run into the problem of spot repetition and pacing concerns. Joe, is of course better at longer matches and I would love to have seen them build that up. It sounds wrong to say the bigger and heavier guy is better conditioned for longer matches while the smaller, quicker and more experienced wrestler isn’t but that’s the case with these two.

I can’t see this match going a minute over 25 and it shouldn’t because they have every intention of making this a series of matches and the first match is supposed to be about fierce hatred. The finish almost has to be anything other then a pinfall, clean submission or non-finish.

Quite frankly, the only finish they can do is the blood stoppage/pass out finish for Angle. Either man can really afford a clean loss right now with each other.

This is really quite interesting, regarding this match for TNA. TNA has been struggling to compete with WWE and lately have tried desperately to conjure up that mid-90’s magic by attacking WWE and have failed at it, miserably. They spent massive amount of time and presumably, money on promoting their primetime debut featuring Kurt Angle and the ratings hardly did anything. Basically, all they did was retain the exact same audience it had at 11.

This match could have been gigantic for TNA but instead, it hasn’t quite managed to capture that for TNA. The internet is abuzz about it but that’s a given considering the talents involved. That’s not the market TNA needs right now to truly grow and compete.

Will the match meet the insane hype? Probably not. It’ll be good, maybe great but probably not the classic that we all imagined would occur.

They have a can’t miss attraction that people have literally been dreaming about for over 2+ years ever since Joe made his name in ROH by taking a regional promotion’s title and making it a true legitimate and revered WORLD title and Angle being generally considered the best overall worker in WWE since Bret Hart. Two styles that were seemingly perfectly meshed for each other. Joe has worked talents similar to Angle with great success (Styles, Daniels, Punk, etc, etc) but the real intrigue would be how Angle would fit with a talent like Samoa Joe.

The closest we ever got to seeing that was Brock Lesnar whom wasn’t within distance of what Joe is but had enough similarities to make an fair enough comparison. The series Angle had with Lesnar, were fairly disappointing to say the least. They had the “injury” excuse to fall back on but Joe/Angle doesn’t have that.

Joe is healthy. Angle looks to be in the best physical and mental shape in quite some time. Angle relies on his word and his desire, or rather, his need to prove himself. There isn’t anything to fall back on. With such intense hype and anticipation, it’s going to be hard to measure up.

Regarding the rest of the show, while it’s all about Joe/Angle, there’s a good deal of interest involved with the LAX/AMW, AJ/Cage and Sting/Abyss.

The rest, like most events from TNA is completely random and probably not even necessary. While I’m glad they aren’t throwing in another gauntlet/battle royal match to squeeze as many talent as possible onto the show, I’m still not sold that Paparazzi/Killings+Truth, VKM/Movement and the Naturals/Dutt+Lethal are needed.

I’ll go ahead and call for Low Ki to be the open challenge to Roode. I just think the show would be better served by reducing the card from 9 matches to 6 matches and let those matches go longer. 9 matches is a lot to squeeze in, especially with the packages they run. Not to mention, the technical difficulties that seem to always occur.

I'm still on the fence with whether or not I want to get this.

I thought it was just me.

Well, I'm really thinking that I don't want to pay just to see Joe vs. Angle. I have a feeling that most of the undercard is going to be lackluster to say the least. Afterall, I'm sure Joe vs. Angle will be up on youtube soon anyway.

I'm still on the fence with whether or not I want to get this.

I thought it was just me.

Well, I'm really thinking that I don't want to pay just to see Joe vs. Angle. I have a feeling that most of the undercard is going to be lackluster to say the least. Afterall, I'm sure Joe vs. Angle will be up on youtube soon anyway.

I'm going to download it at midnight or tomorrow,the WHOLE ppv.

So.... who's watching this and can provide some quick n' dirty results?

I'm going to download it at midnight or tomorrow,the WHOLE ppv.

Man! You must get all the chicks!