TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DerangedHermit

FOX News planning right-leaning show similar to Daily Show

It was getting weak at the end there with Tucker Carlson, Paul Begala, and a live studio audience, but having the CEO of the network say "golly, Jon Stewart really brought up some great points!" as he announced its cancellation sure is a pathetic way for one of CNN's flagship programs to go out. Good for Jon, though. Craig Kilborn tried to get Larry King pulled off the air in 1998, but no such luck.

Yeah... but it's CRAIG KILBORN! Who gives a shit?

I agree about sociology. I only took one class but I kinda viewed it as a joke. We had a guy come in and talk about a living wage & I softballed him with some basic economic questions & the professor seemed to think I was somewhere to the right of Mussolini.

I found the actual study of society (i.e. the study of social groups, organization, cultures, and problems) to be both insightful and fascinating.

Sociology falters when sociologists try to prescribe sweeping solutions to social problems. Sociology needs to be treated as a social science instead of a political action committee.

Scarbarough has been getting alot better since Oreilly called him a liberal.

Has the Fox Daily Show been cancelled yet?

Scarbarough has been getting alot better since Oreilly called him a liberal.

Totally. I'm a liberal, and I find myself watching him. Granted, I don't always agree with him, but still...

They had some dickhole going on about how NBC has "A Liberal News Bias" Tonight. He looked like the adult version of the kind of kid you regualrly saw get bullied in highschool, and he now takes all his frustrations out on liberals.

While I normally like Olbermann, I've actually been watching him less, since his obsession with Fox News has really gotten annoying. I'm starting to worry that he'll become the liberal equivilent of his rival O'Reilly, and it ain't pretty.

Celebrity bullshit takes up way too much time on Fox News and MSNBC. Scarborough's been a joke to me for a while now for this reason.

"He's sticking up for the average Joe... that obsessively reads People."

Oh please, not to the degree that MSNBC has for the last couple of months, and DAMN sure not as much as Fox News. The lead story on Hannity and Colmes used to at least be real news, no matter how perverted in its reporting.

The C-Spans are really all a person needs for news...beyond that I try to catch Hardball, bits of Tucker/Olberman/Scarborough, and Fox for a laugh. I cant watch CNN without thinking about what Headline News has become.

Ugh, Glenn Beck. I really hate that man. Hell, I think he's more dispicable than Nancy Grace, and that's saying something.

Glenn Beck is one of those guys that is extremely conservative but trys to sound sly and crafty about presenting his views on positions as to not let people know just how conservative he really is, and from time to time he lets things slip out that make you do a double-take.

Looks like theyre keeping it.

Edit - I just caught a commercial hyping the Sunday night show. I guess that's just the second pilot. But the commercial said it got high ratings (80 year olds like to laugh too!) so I'm going to guess that Ailes will keep it around.

B.O. Magazine! Get it? Hahaha

Wait...his intials are "B.O."...but sometimes people use those same two letters to mean "body odor"...so they're saying he stinks! BRILLIANT!

http://www.foxfaith.com/

Because when you think of good Christian values, you think Fox.

Check out the "About Fox Faith" link.

Home Alone 1 and 2 are on there. Because booby trapping your house to light some guy's head on fire and electrocute him is just what Jesus would do.

What is this new(er) show on Fox late nights I am seeing, it is like part E! channel, and part quasi-news. It has a host, and then a bunch of random guys and gals sitting around commenting on not so important news items.