TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Redhawk

"The Look"

Guest Redhawk

Which wrestlers had "The Look" but didn't have the skills (ring or mic) to capitalize? Off the top of my head, I can think of a few:

Brakkus

Ultimate Warrior

The Wall

Giant Gonzalez

Test

Albert

Shawn Stasiak

Billy Gunn

And on the flip side, who was perhaps "The Look" away from being a major star? I'd say:

Road Dogg

Owen Hart

Shane Douglas

William Regal

Guest saturnmark4life

It's weird, Demolotion seemed to get over on look alone, as did the road warriors. I'd say CW Anderson's non-wwf look is the only thing holding him back.

Guest caboose

Chris Jericho.

The guy had 'The Look' as a Heel in WCW and as a Face in his early WWF career.

But he has lost his 'Look' when he is perhaps performing better than ever.

Guest What?!

Ahmed Johnson had the look. He was Black Goldberg!!!

Road Dogg needed the look. His baggy clothing got the assumption he was fat and he probably was.

Guest dreamer420
Road Dogg needed the look. His baggy clothing got the assumption he was fat and he probably was.

the dreads were cool though.

Guest buffybeast
Which wrestlers had "The Look" but didn't have the skills (ring or mic) to capitalize? Off the top of my head, I can think of a few:

Albert

I take offense to that.

Albert does have skill in the ring.  You cannot compare him to a smaller wrestler.  If you compare him to a wrestler he size, he measures up.

Also, when have we really heard Albert on the mic?  So how can you say he has no mic skills?

But you are right in that Albert has a fantastic look.

Guest dreamer420
But you are right in that Albert has a fantastic look.

shaved down and 50 pounds lighter maybe.

Guest buffybeast

Yes I do admitt that my man could stand to lose a pound or two.  But really, I think he is sexy just the way he is!

Guest Mark4steamboat

Lance Storm has everything but the look. He has the look to a certain extent but he could use more.

I think douglas and regal have the look. Douglas was an awesome heel in ecw and regal has been awesome whereever he goes.

Guest dreamer420
Yes I do admitt that my man could stand to lose a pound or two.  But really, I think he is sexy just the way he is!

and that's cool.  let me re-phrase then.  he needs some different ring attire.

Guest Mark4steamboat

Albert could team up with Naked Mideon and be Naked Albert.

Albert could team up with Naked Mideon and be Naked Albert.

Now I'm afraid to turn on my TV.

Guest Redhawk

If Albert had good mic skills, they would have let him talk by now. The last thing I actually remember him saying was that he and Test liked punishment. Albert's good in the ring, but he hasn't fulfilled the potential that his Look would make you think he had.

D'Lo also lacked The Look

Guest buffybeast

They didn't allow Edge and Christian to talk for years and they each have mic skills.

So I don't think that the lack of mic skills is the question.

Oh yes, I could see it now:  Albert comes out to interrupt a boring ass HHH promo wearing nothing but a flesh toned thong and starts to dance off beat.

The crowd goes wild.

Guest godthedog

the only one i can think of missing 'the look' was owen.  it's a damn shame too, cause he seemed to me like a hybrid of bret hart & shawn michaels (quicker, more athletic & higher flying than bret, but more technically skilled than shawn) and could've had a HELL of a run with the belt.

i think another thing that hurt owen was that he would get into character a little too much & be a little too willing to make his opponent look good.  this always made him seem a little too goofy (at least to me) and kept him from being taken seriously.

Guest dreamer420
<--- didnt make it to the toilet.

ahh, you yacked because of how buffy described albert *dry heaves* in a thong?

i know i've seen albert on raw in a thong before so maybe buffy should get that tape to satisfy her cravings.

Guest buffybeast
<--- didnt make it to the toilet.

ahh, you yacked because of how buffy described albert *dry heaves* in a thong?

i know i've seen albert on raw in a thong before so maybe buffy should get that tape to satisfy her cravings.

Everyone tells me he wore a thong during his "Prince" Albert days.  But I do not remember that happening.

Maybe you all could take up a collection and pay Albert to dance naked for me.  I promise to stop the Albert sex talk and not have any more Albert avatars, sigs, etc if you can.

Guest dreamer420

it was the week after he beat up val venis and pierced his nose in the ring.  val beat down albert in the middle of the ring and then tattooed VV on albert's ass

Guest buffybeast
it was the week after he beat up val venis and pierced his nose in the ring.  val beat down albert in the middle of the ring and then tattooed VV on albert's ass

Dammit, I must have missed that.  Or more likely I hadn't developed my lust for Albert's hot flesh.