TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RonL21

Video Games...

While I thought Legends of Wrestling I and III for X-Box were horrendous, I did love LOW II. The shoot interviews were a nice touch plus they had 4-on-4 Survivor Series matches . . . Wahooooo!!! And the gameplay wasn't too bad. Not great, but not bad when it wasn't buggy.

<---- Virtual Survivor Series and Royal Rumble mark. BTW, is Survivor Series matches available on Smackdown vs Raw? Also, how many can be in a Royal Rumble at a given time? Thanks.

The main thing I liked about LOW was the reversal system. It seemed to flow well. As far as SVR 07 goes, I bought it the day before I left for Thanksgiving break so I'm not 100% sure about the # of RR entrants. I would assume the limit is 30. There are Survivor Series matches and a new Money in the Bank match. The one thing I'm pissed about is that Jeff Hardy isn't the game :angry:

Speaking of SNES games, anyone else ever play Natsume Championship Wrestling for SNES? I was probably the one person to own a copy that I knew. I believe this was a domestic version of All Japan Pro Wrestling. All the guys are generic in Natsume, but the movesets pretty much match the AJPW guys, IIRC. Actually had a good grapple system (kind of like Fire Pro's) and each guy had a pretty good moveset (including powerbombs and moonsaults, which hadn't been seen in too many games at that point).

(Edit: Just noticed DubQ mentioned this game on the first page of the thread.)

Yessir. The Powerbombs were amazing in that game. Especially those given to the Stan Hansen and Terry Gordy clones. I especially loved that the grapple system was very in depth, and totally depended on timing rather than button mashing - completely different compared to what we were normally given in terms of American wrestling games. Good shit all around, and I still pop this game into my SNES every once in a while. :)

Super WrestleMania for the Genesis was hilarious when you would do a 4 on 4 Survivor Series match. When someone would get eliminated, there would be a 15 second delay while the defeated wrestler would roll out of the ring and the camera would follow them walking all the way to the dressing room curtain, with no emotion, like a robot. You have to see it to understand.

WWF Warzone for the PS1 was something I waited for all summer long, as it was delayed about 145 times by Acclaim. I still remember reading the review in Gamepro in about March, and the game didn't get released until August. They meant well, but it was stupid with the "charisma" factor (you had to do a variety of moves or the crowd would turn on you), as someone like Thrasher would be getting cheered over Austin, which would NEVER happen in real life. Plus, you couldn't pick your opponent, which is the dumbest idea ever.

WWF Attitude came a year later, again after 456 delays, and it basically was an expanded version of Warzone. This was the first American wrestling game I can remember with create an entrance, which was awesome.

WCW Nitro was fun, for about 10 minutes. I played a demo at Best Buy and made the mistake of liking it. "Piledriver!" "Piledriver!" "POWERBOMB!" "It's a Surprise attack!" Yay.

WM 2000 for the N64 was like a wet dream, as all my friends and I loved WCW Revenge, but hated the actual WCW. Getting a WWF Aki game was a dream come true.

No Mercy is still my favorite wrestling game ever. It came out at the peak of the WWF Attitude era, and there's hardly anything wrong with it.

I never cared for any of the Smackdown games. Too arcadey. I DO like SvR 2006 though. Just enough of a sim to make me happy.

WM X-8 for the Gamecube was a pathetic waste of time. It was very easy for you to knock your opponent down (where they are out on the mat for a few seconds), and as soon as they would recover, you could hit them with another clothesline or something and knock them out again. This could happen to you as well. One time I spent 5 minutes getting pummeled by the computer before they finally pinned me, never recovering once because they kept knocking me down before I could get up.

Yeah, it's kind of sad that six years later, WWF No Mercy is still basically the best wrestling game to ever come out in North America. It shouldn't be hard to copy that formula.

For me, the only game better that I've ever played is Fired Prowrestling D for Dreamcast. Still love that game. I don't have a PS2, so I haven't played any of the sequels.

Funny enough, I was having this very conversation with a couple of friends last nite and we all agreed that No Mercy was still the best ever. I always liked the fact if you worked a body part enough and then went for a submission on it, it was usually an instant tap-out.

Its the little things like that I feel are missing in most of the newer wrestling games.

My buddy and I just had a 35 minute ladder match for the WWF Title for No Mercy.

What I really like about No Mercy is that, especially in a long match, if you go for a high impact move, and you either counter or move away (from an Aerial standpoint) the whole momentum shifts as you gain lots of momentum and your opponent loses all his momentum.

What I loved about Attitude that has not appeared in a wrestling game since was the unique PPV Mode where you could customize the entrance lights, ring rope color, size of the crowd, etc. Those were some really nice touches to the game.

With WCW/nWo World Tour, I remember they used a lot of Japanese indy wrestlers in the game, with stables seemingly based on FMW and Michinoku Pro. I remember (under different manes) Hayabusa, Tarzan Goto, Jinzei Shinzeki, Sasuke, TAKA and Super Delfin, but who else was included? Can anyone provide a link to a definitive list?

With WCW/nWo World Tour, I remember they used a lot of Japanese indy wrestlers in the game, with stables seemingly based on FMW and Michinoku Pro. I remember (under different manes) Hayabusa, Tarzan Goto, Jinzei Shinzeki, Sasuke, TAKA and Super Delfin, but who else was included? Can anyone provide a link to a definitive list?

WCW/NWO World Tour on Wikipedia

Thanks man. God, if i'd known who half those guys were at the time, I'd have been so impressed. I only recognised TAKA and Shinzeki at the time- in fact the reason I became a Hayabusa fan is because I the first time I saw him, I realised he was the basis for Hanniabal, who was my character on World Tour. Should have guessed Saladin was Abby tho.

-WWF WrestleMania: The Arcade Game-Just Awful....The Undertaker Shooting Demon Projectiles...Doink using a Hammer...Just an awful horrible game..

Wrong.

That was an awesome game. WWE + MK + NBA Jam, how great is that? I know most of the combos by rote, the game was really, really ridiculously fun with a buddy. Biggest problem was that there weren't enough play modes and was limited to up to 2 players.

In Your House had up to 4 players--may have been even 6, in fact--but that game was terrible. It screwed up just about everything Wrestlemania did right.

Undertaker shooting demons is a good thing.

"The sliiiiiiiding choooookegrab can be very effective. Press down, toward, and punch! Then dooown and Poooower Kiick!"

I like how random items would fly out of them when they were hit. Like food coming out of Yokozuna.

What a great game. Real wrestling would be better if everyone had special moves. It's already fake fighting with storylines, they need to take it one step further and make it like live action Tekken and Mortal Kombat. I would watch then.

I like how random items would fly out of them when they were hit. Like food coming out of Yokozuna.

What a great game. Real wrestling would be better if everyone had special moves. It's already fake fighting with storylines, they need to take it one step further and make it like live action Tekken and Mortal Kombat. I would watch then.

HHH would have killed everyone in one season, though.

In Your House had really awful "super pin" finishing moves. Think fatalities 10x crappier than MK3 even.

Like, HHH sucks you into an atomizer (one of those perfume spray bottles).

Uh, MK3 has the best fatalities in that series........

HHH was so cool back then. I always liked the goofy gimmicks where they where a cartoony stereotype or had another job or hobby besides being a wrestler. Like IRS! I always played as him in the SNES games.

Ugh. I hated the 3 on 1 matches with a DQ that you couldn't possibly beat. I'd just DQ myself since I knew there was a beat down coming at the end of the match anyways.

What I loved about Attitude that has not appeared in a wrestling game since was the unique PPV Mode where you could customize the entrance lights, ring rope color, size of the crowd, etc. Those were some really nice touches to the game.

very true, wish I had a copy of attitude for my 64 damn I need to find it.

wouldnt it be cool if they did an ultimate wwe game collection disc for ps2/xbox? i mean all of the classic nes/snes/genesis games in one disc, plus maybe war zone and attitude,wm 2000 and no mercy? maybe take 2 discs

What kind of timeframe are we looking at for a portable n64 system?

Is the DS still just super nintendo level, or is a step up?

Playing No Mercy on a handheld would be graaaaaaaaavy.

I wish there was collection but first off the whole WWF thing and second those games were produced by different companies. Now Acclaim is out of business but I think some one must have bought the rights WWF Warzone/Attitude games. I know a Canadian company named Throwback Games bought the rights to Legends of Wrestling and I think they're going to make another one.

I want Wrestlefest on a home system at least.

What kind of timeframe are we looking at for a portable n64 system?

Is the DS still just super nintendo level, or is a step up?

The DS can do N64 level 3D and perhaps better--see Ridge Racer DS (essentially it's Ridge Racer 64), Super Mario 64 DS, Mario Kart DS (which smokes MK64 visually), Metroid Prime Hunters, Final Fantasy III and so on.

Guest dlb19338

-WCW Nitro-Im not even gonna waste my time...The worst Wrestling game ever made...

Yet you fail to mention WCW Thunder...the TRUE worst wrestling game ever made.

No... the true worst wrestling game ever made is....... WCW Backstage Assault

100% agree....just brutal. Although, I was more disappointed by Micro League Wrestling back in the 1980s b/c I loved Micro League Baseball (and still do) and was expecting big things at the time. The promotional tie-in with the WWF seemed to be a great thing for Micro League Sports but the game was really really bad. The fact that you were locked into the matches made it even more boring.

I remember that, I think. Wasn't that the one where you had Hogan, Savage, Orndoff and someone else, and you had to pick from a list of moves and if you were successful, you got to see like a two or three frame showing of that move?

If so, then ugh..... funny thing is that I still have it for my C64... now if I could get a working 64 to play some of those old games.

I remember that, I think. Wasn't that the one where you had Hogan, Savage, Orndoff and someone else, and you had to pick from a list of moves and if you were successful, you got to see like a two or three frame showing of that move?

If so, then ugh..... funny thing is that I still have it for my C64... now if I could get a working 64 to play some of those old games.

yeah that's the one

I remember playing the hell out of prowrestling back in the day on my famicom. I used Star man and the King Korn Khan. Me and my friends used to have tournaments where we used to bet our Gijoes and stuff. Most memorable match was me using Starman and my friend using the King Slender. We where going back and forth for like 30 mins. We threw everything at each other, I threw him against the ropes and gave him the flying shoulder block thingie and i beat him, I got a Cobra Viper for it. Good times Good times.

WCW/nWo Revenge for N64 was my favorite. The graphics were pretty sweet and NOTHING could beat the Battle Royal mode, not only could you make La Parka do his dance, but you could make ANYONE do it.....and sticking around after you got eliminated to screw up other people in the ring was awesome.