Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

OAO 11/23 Impact Thread

Preview:

genaftermath.gif

vkm.gif

OFFICIAL PREVIEW FOR THURSDAY’S “iMPACT!” ON SPIKETV

Angle to answer Joe, Styles & Daniels vs. Naturals and much more

This Thursday night on “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV, the wrestling world will feel the aftermath of the “Genesis” Pay-Per-View event!

NEW NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION “THE MONSTER” ABYSS TO APPEAR!

On Sunday night at “Genesis”, Abyss became the new NWA World Heavyweight Champion, defeating Sting by disqualification to earn the gold! This Thursday night on “iMPACT!”, the new world champion is scheduled to appear along with his devious manager James Mitchell! Will Sting be there this Thursday night? Will he address his actions during the match that got him disqualified?

THE LAX STRIPPED OF THE TAG TEAM TITLE – TO RELINQUISH CHAMPIONSHIPS ON “iMPACT!”

Also at “Genesis” TNA management director Jim Cornette dropped a bombshell on The Latin American Exchange when he announced he was stripping them of the gold! According to Cornette, the LAX are expected to be in attendance this Thursday night to turn over the championships! The question is, will Konnan, Homicide and Hernandez comply with the orders? Tune in to find out!

KURT ANGLE PROMISES TO ANSWER SAMOA JOE REGARDING A REMATCH

Samoa Joe’s epic win streak came to an end on Sunday night on Pay-Per-View as he was defeated by Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle! What will be the fallout from the bout on “iMPACT!” on Thursday night? Samoa Joe asked Angle for a rematch, but the Olympic gold medalist left the ring without giving “The Samoan Submission Machine” an answer! TNAwrestling.com has learned that Angle will indeed give his nemesis an answer this Thursday night on SpikeTV!

AJ STYLES & CHRISTOPHER DANIELS VS. THE NATURALS

TNAwrestling.com has learned that this Thursday night, AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels will join forces in what will be their final bout as a tag team! On "iMPACT!", Styles and Daniels will battle another former NWA World Tag Team Championship duo in Tne Naturals along with manager Shane Douglas! Will it be a successful end to the tandem of Daniels and Styles, or will we see more tension between the two TNA stars?

THE VOODOO KIN MAFIA – “THE WAR STARTS THIS THURSDAY”

After beating Kazarian, Bentley and Devine at Sunday’s Pay-Per-View, The Voodoo Kin Mafia – BG and Kip James – announced their war against VKM would begin this Thursday night on SpikeTV! What do the Voodoo Kin Mafia have planned? Will they fire the first shot after their recent visit to Stamford, Connecticut? Watch “iMPACT!” this Thursday to find out!

All this and much more this Thursday night on “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV - don't miss the aftermath of "Genesis" as TNA begins the road to the December "Turning Point" Pay-Per-View event!

Discuss:

Petey Williams being, as Mike Tenay annoying called him, "a true (American) hero" really bothered me. I mean, I got really mad. It's stupid, I know, but it just wasn't sitting well with me.

The VKM stuff isn't bad, It's annoying. There's no reason for it. Too bad TNA won't go to a live event and sit in the crowd with a hidden camera.

I caught it right as Petey was defending the US flag. Now, Roode/Young...why is there not a single bit of continuity? These men were allies mere months ago as Team Canada. That's a problem that plagues every promotion, but has there been a promo by either man, or even a mention by Tenay or West, where they say that Roode and Young had a falling out besides Young pinning Roode at Genesis?

Also, I think they're rushing Joe/Angle II. Why not build it up for the January, or even the February, PPV? That whole stipulation - "watch my back, I'll watch yours" - could have the possibility of some decent feuding with both men trying to study the other that much more over the course of a few months. Doesn't make a whole ton of sense to me. Then again, it's wrestling...then again, it's TNA...then again, it's Russo TNA Act III (Act I was fun, Act II was mediocre, Act III thus far is dull).

Cornette/LAX - Awesome

Nash - Awesome

Joe/Angle - Fine

Movement - Promising

Everything else - Really stupid

How hard is it to have some bloody logic and continuity in characters. Petey at least said "I've had some problems with this county in the past" but I don't think anyone else mentioned him captaining Team Canada for God knows how long. I guess the argument is that they're presuming they've got a bigger audience so the knew fans won't know about it, but they are still going to have more people who do know about it than who don't.

God damn you, Russo.

Team who? Oh yea, Team Canada. Come on people, This is Vince russo's TNA. You'll be lucky if he remembers Ron Killings was a NWA champion. Much less the ice age team Canada

And if they keep making joe like he is now, He'll be gone by June. I don't see how he can be happy.

Joe happy? $$$

WWE are not going to want him now they've already got there Samoan guy - as the last thing we want is to confuse the fans! They couldn't cope with two guys from the same place.

And although I'm sure he can make a living from just doing the indies, I'd imagine the money from TNA comes in very handy.

Guest wolverine1007

on the plus side for Petey Williams at least, I can never remember when a Canadian ever turned face by defending and claiming he loved the USA. They dont' have to go too over the top with it, but i'm willing to give it a few weeks to see how it plays out.

I think the Williams storyline is good so far. At least it's something that gets him away from being "that Team Canada guy with the flip piledriver".

Now, Roode/Young...why is there not a single bit of continuity? These men were allies mere months ago as Team Canada. That's a problem that plagues every promotion, but has there been a promo by either man, or even a mention by Tenay or West, where they say that Roode and Young had a falling out besides Young pinning Roode at Genesis?

IIRC, they didn't have a falling out. Cornette got sick of D'more interfering in matches and disbanded Team Canada and they all went there seperate ways. Tenay mentioning that last night would have been helpful, though.

At least it's something that gets him away from being "that Team Canada guy with the flip piledriver".

I agree. Petey's got a pretty high profile match, tagging with the biggest star in the company in a tag title match against the hottest act in the company. That beats just about anything they've done with him since he lost the X-Title in that UX match with AJ and Sabin.

Now, Roode/Young...why is there not a single bit of continuity? These men were allies mere months ago as Team Canada. That's a problem that plagues every promotion, but has there been a promo by either man, or even a mention by Tenay or West, where they say that Roode and Young had a falling out besides Young pinning Roode at Genesis?

IIRC, they didn't have a falling out. Cornette got sick of D'more interfering in matches and disbanded Team Canada and they all went there seperate ways. Tenay mentioning that last night would have been helpful, though.

At least it's something that gets him away from being "that Team Canada guy with the flip piledriver".

I agree. Petey's got a pretty high profile match, tagging with the biggest star in the company in a tag title match against the hottest act in the company. That beats just about anything they've done with him since he lost the X-Title in that UX match with AJ and Sabin.

I think I remember at the disbandenment that Roode didn't hug Eric or anything which got some boos. From then I just assumed that Roode thought Eric was a disgrace to TC.

Guest LuckyLopez

During the promo where D'Amore disbanned the group and wished them all they made a point of showing that Roode, Williams, and A-1 didn't like Young. They also made a pretty clear point of that in the whole buildup to Team Canada's breakup. Young was constantly at odds with his teammates given his paranoia and his desire not to upset Cornette. So it doesn't strike me at all odd that Roode doesn't feel some special connection to Young. And maybe even is more frustrated with Young's behavior since he had to deal with it so long. Young annoying his teammates was a part of the character for a long time going back to him insisting Sting would be back. And I specifically recall a promo for the Roode/Young vs Team 3D cage match where Roode hit him for saying something stupid.

I hate TNA. It's booking is beyond the awfulness that was WCW 2000-01.

But guess what?

For the most part, I liked this week's show!

- Angle/Joe: Done Well.

- Naturals: Deservedly lose. I can't think of what calls for them to be pushed, perhaps naked Borash pictures.

- Daniels/Styles: Look good as a team, nice tandem offense.

- Styles: Interesting heel turn that makes sense. Fuck off Rhyno, stop bothering me. (Note: This must end, Russo-wise, in a Styles/Rhyno team, of course, as heels.)

- Cornette on Commentary: Relaxes my ears from the worst duo in announcing history.

- Sting/Christian: Decent quickie TV match. However, giving this away FREE on a HOLIDAY? Meh.

- Voodoo Kin Mafia: Actually, as poor of workers they are, and washed up, I don't hate their skits as much as I hate DX's. Don't know what the point is, but whatever. Needs better lighting.

If they were to get 2 hours, things would be better.

I'm not going to do the usual "OMG, LONG TERM STORYLINES ARE HURT BY RUSSO BLOWING HIS WAD! OMG, STRIP LAX OF TITLES? JOE/ANGLE GOES 11 MINUTES?" rant that most so-called TNA "fans" do.

I could care less about TNA's future. I want good wrestling every month on PPV. And good TV storylines.

TNA did that this week. Styles/Christian was a good match. Christian/Rhyno cage match was a good match. Joe/Angle was a good match. Sabin/Daniels was a good match.

I don't care that they're screwed long-term and that the production is "C Level" (Raven using a purple kendo stick to give Devine "welts" was the most insulting thing ever...), they're giving away good matches so I tolerate TNA.

Good Impact show.

Does anyone think that "Sports Entertainment XTreme" could make a return?

I ask this, because on the Genesis PPV, Mike Tenay, in both Sabin and Styles' matches keeps subtlely saying that "something is CAUSING (either name) to act this way...".

Could the something be Russo, looking to bring back his two most successful SEX members to the heel side?

Stranger things have happened. Note that Low-Ki tonight looked very disgruntled as well...

Wouldn't it be great to see the show in its natural state instead of it being edited to hell due to time restraints?

Why are the two toughest men on the roster watching each others back when they have been the only ones attacking one another?

Why would Rhino come out when he really has nothing to do with Styles and Daniels? He looked really stupid for joining there celebration.

Why are the two toughest men on the roster watching each others back when they have been the only ones attacking one another?

Why would Rhino come out when he really has nothing to do with Styles and Daniels? He looked really stupid for joining there celebration.

Because Angle picked a fight with LAX by getting involved in their business and they're evil and hurt people.

Rhyno was out there to celebrate because he was happy Daniels and Styles fixed their problems unlike Rhyno and Christian. See the Genesis PPV when Rhyno plays Dr. Phil.

Wouldn't it be great to see the show in its natural state instead of it being edited to hell due to time restraints?

Whether they had two hours or one, things would still be rushed. TNA had a two-hour slot for their prime time special, which people said would help with the problem they had with having to rush things, and they don't have to rush things but that's another story, so what happened? They rushed things by trying to cram four-hours worth of stuff into a two-hour slot. TNA will rush things whether they have a one-hour or two-hour show. They need to get that habit under control first and until they do it won't matter how long Impact is.

When LAX is out there burning flags you expect 2 things 1) the Olympic Hero Kurt Angle to make the save 2) Country music singers, NASCAR drivers and/or pitcrew, baseball players, Jeff Jarrett, AMW, James Gang, 3D, Naturals to make the save. Petey Williams turning face here makes no sense at all. If the company wanted to reinvent Petey Williams why not start with the basics like stop wearing red and stop the "O Canada" taunt move. Petey Williams could of been injected into the Sabin/Jerry Lynn storyline with Petey taking Mr. JL's side. Hell, Petey could of won the bi-weekly #1 contenders match over Sabin or something. Or Petey could be injected into the Robert Roode/Eric Young storyline since they were the top members of Team Canada and we all know that Williams > Roode.

Whether they had two hours or one, things would still be rushed. TNA had a two-hour slot for their prime time special, which people said would help with the problem they had with having to rush things, and they don't have to rush things but that's another story, so what happened? They rushed things by trying to cram four-hours worth of stuff into a two-hour slot. TNA will rush things whether they have a one-hour or two-hour show. They need to get that habit under control first and until they do it won't matter how long Impact is.

What if they changed the format to 1 hour of pushing angles and 1 hour of pure wrestling where the angles actually payoff? To me it looks like the matches and the championship belts for that matter are nothing but props from the next storyline. So far its been nothing but a revolving door of storylines with short matches that don't have closure to all of the buildup.

What if they changed the format to 1 hour of pushing angles and 1 hour of pure wrestling where the angles actually payoff? To me it looks like the matches and the championship belts for that matter are nothing but props from the next storyline. So far its been nothing but a revolving door of storylines with short matches that don't have closure to all of the buildup.

No way will 'creative' be able to do one hour of pure wrestling. Giving TNA a two-hour slot for Impact will only see them try to cram even more stuff into the show. The problems with TNA have nothing to do with Impact being one hour, two hours, or even three. The problem is the booking, and it's a problem that isn't going to be fixed anytime soon.