TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Grand Slam

I have a question...

Guest Grand Slam

Is there anything being done for them?  is Rotten keeping the SWF site up?  Is Thugg keeping the SJL site up?  Do we have an opening for webmaster of the SWF/SJL?

These are important questions and I have no idea of the answers...

Guest Insanityman

I have no clue, last time I checked Thugg was working towards a new update and Rotten, no clue. I haven't seen an update though.

Guest HVilleThugg

IL is right.  Annie and I have been secretly working on a new site since Rotten hasn't answered any of my PMs.  Don't know exactly when it'll be done, but we're working on it.

The way that it's being set up, the JL and the WF will have the same site.  Damn all this 2 site stuff...they'll all be on the same site.  I was working hardcore for like 2 days, but I've scaled back a bit because of summer classes and working 2 jobs.  Give it some time...we'll get a new site.

Da "webmastering genius of a man" H

Guest Insanityman

Thanks Thugg and Annie (for one working on it, and two to you Thugg for telling us). I'm glad we're back to one site.

Guest HVilleThugg

I honestly wasn't going to say anything because I didn't want to commit to it.  But then I saw that someone asked about it, so I fessed up.  It should be cool.  The front page is going to be a blog..making it very easy to update!!

Da "smarter than the average thugg" H

Guest Grand Slam

That is good to hear.  I have been dabbling a little recently in graphics programs, mostly playing with logos and belts and such.  It occured to me that if the websites were keplowie, I could do a pretty simple one.

I'm happy that Thugg and Annie are in on this.  If you guys need an extra set of hands or eyes, just give me a yell, otherwise, I will consider the site in good hands...

Guest HVilleThugg

Help is always good, but most of the work is involved in actually programming the backend.  There's not a whole lot of work to do with the graphics, so unless you know PERL or PhP, there really isn't anything for you to do except bug the hell out of me to keep me working on it.  I tend to get bored easily, and I'll start working on something else.

Maybe I'll work some more on it tonight when I get back from the gym....note I said maybe.

Da "can't find new ballin' shoes...dammit" H

Guest AnnieEclectic

That reminds me, what exactly do people think the SWF and SJL logos should look like? I've been messing around with logos for a bit, but they kinda suck the Cock hard. I can work with ideas very well, my brain just isn't making any good ones.

Ideas?

-Annie

Guest Insane Clown Dan

I know (some) PHP, Thugg. I know enough to handle a normal database like MySQL... that's pretty much it. If its something simple like signing up wrestlers' stats and stuff, i'd have no prob.

If you ever need a new server for any of this stuff either, I know someone who'd be willing to host us. He knows a little more than I do, but he's too busy with our own projects.

Drop a line if you think i have the slightest use =P

Guest HVilleThugg

About the server, I already have a server to host it on.

About the PhP thing...yeah, it's real simple stuff.  I'm not even doing it to have people sign up and post their own stats and stuff like that.  The main reason behind that is that we have the boards.  There's no reason for us to have a website that is the same thing as the boards.  Also, I don't feel like putting in the effort it takes to build and maintain all that crap.  So, basically it'll have pretty much the same functionality of the current site, maybe a little more, but the big difference is that I'll have access to it (along with a few other admin people) so that we can actually update it.

Does that answer everyone's questions?

I can't believe I've just committed myself to do this.

Da "sigh" H

Guest Chuck Woolery

The SWF logo - The SWF has always had to have a fetish for fire... so I was thinking like the charred letters "SWF" would look cool.  Just me.

The SJL logo - I always thought this one should be streamlined, like the Sega logo is.  Three lines, y'know?  Maybe... oh well.  Just a thought.

- Mike Van Siclen

He can try to be helpful.

Guest Insane Clown Dan

OK. What... ever. Back to Kliknet and Serial Experiements, I go!

Nobody would put the whole "make a huge community site" kind of effort go towards an e-fed, anywho. =P

Guest BA_Baracus

PROMO (Stubby P. McWeed);

"Website-er-ific.

Thanks Thugg and Annie.  Hopefully we can actually keep this one going for a while.

Mothernature says, bonanza..."

Guest Ash Ketchum
That reminds me, what exactly do people think the SWF and SJL logos should look like? I've been messing around with logos for a bit, but they kinda suck the Cock hard. I can work with ideas very well, my brain just isn't making any good ones.

Ideas?

-Annie

I drew up some ideas. I'll scan them on later and send them to you if you'd like to see them. Some are simple, others more complex. But they're SJL and SWF logos none the less.

Hell, I even did Metal and Crimson logos! :D

Well, that's all for now. :)

~Ash~

Guest Ash Ketchum

Ideas?

-Annie

I drew up some ideas. I'll scan them on later and send them to you if you'd like to see them. Some are simple, others more complex. But they're SJL and SWF logos none the less.

Hell, I even did Metal and Crimson logos! :D

Well, that's all for now. :)

~Ash~

Guest AnnieEclectic

Gah!

Double Post!

CIA hopefully sent along some of the SWF logos I made but if Ash's drawn one's are cool, I might just spruce them up digitally and see what happens. I never even thought of Metal/Crimson and Storm/Smarkdown logos. Good Thought! If results get posted on the site, we could use those.

let's see what Thugg thinks :)

-Annie

Guest HVilleThugg

I"ll take all the images and logos you want to give me.

I'm not promising that I'll use them all, because I've changed the way I'm setting it up now.

Da "difference between night and day" H