TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hank Kingsley

Christmas Music

WHAM! - "Last Christmas." It is WHAM!... (Thanks C Dub)

I like that one too. I think I can get away with it cause I'm a girl. I don't really see a guy being too comfortable with it, it's kind of........gay for a Christmas song.

WHAM! - "Last Christmas." It is WHAM!... (Thanks C Dub)

I like that one too. I think I can get away with it cause I'm a girl. I don't really see a guy being too comfortable with it, it's kind of........gay for a Christmas song.

Well, it was WHAM!, did you expect something overly masculine?

But, I'd argue that there can be no gay Christmas song, as the spirit of the holiday does not allow for the classification. There can be shitty Christmas songs, but not gay ones.

Guest Felonies!

Then throw it in the garbage can and put in whatever the Mannheim Steamroller album was in front of.

Mannheim Steamroller? srsly? I had to play a Mannheim Steamroller arrangement in jazz ensemble a few times, Good King Wenceslas to be precise, and it was just the corniest shit around.

Such hostility, Czech.

I still break out the classic "Deck the Halls" and "Good King Wenceslas" every Xmas. Nothing like those analog synths (weedly weedly) to take me back to kindergarden again

Guest Felonies!

I had the analog synth part on trumpet. "dot-dot-dot-dahdah-dahdah-dot-dot" over and over and over and over and oh god worst shit ever. Three years of that. I earned my hostility.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Every single time I hear "Grandma got run over by a Reindeer" I stab a bystander.

Then throw it in the garbage can and put in whatever the Mannheim Steamroller album was in front of.

Mannheim Steamroller? srsly? I had to play a Mannheim Steamroller arrangement in jazz ensemble a few times, Good King Wenceslas to be precise, and it was just the corniest shit around.

well, I'm certainly not going to compete with you on THIS subject so I'll just take you at your word...

Fuckin' Raffi is all you need, really. Pop in a Raffi Christmas tape and it automatically becomes Christmas Eve, even if it's the middle of August. Guaranteed.

"Merry Christmas Everyone" by Shakin' Stevens makes me incredibly happy, with special mentions to "Merry Christmas (I Don't Want To Fight Tonight)" by the Ramones, "Oi To The World" by the Vandals and "Lonely This Christmas" by Mud. Oh, and "Goblin In The Office (Naughty Christmas)" by Fat Les...fucking brilliant

Guest Smues

While I tend to like most any Christmas music (except for Sleigh Ride. Having to listen to that 10,000 times as a kid ruined it for me for life) all I need is Vaughn Monroe's version of Let It Snow. I could listen to that on an endless loop until the end of time.

Guest Smues

After listening to nothing but Christmas music for the last 3 weeks I have determined that "Christmas Shoes" is the worst Christmas song ever, and ranks right up there with the worst non-Christmas songs as well.