TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
A Guy Who Injects Heroin Into Kids' Eyes

Black Screen

The other day my wife decided to play WoW on my computer, and as soon as she logged on the screen went black. She turned it off and waited for me to get home from work. I turned it on and the screen remained black. Then it started making a noise like a flatlining hospital patient. I haven't turned it on since.

What the fuck is wrong with it?

If the computer is on and the monitor is and you've check to make sure the cable from the computer to the monitor is connected securely, then it's probably dead. And there isn't much you can do since it's dangerous to open a monitor up.

Guest Princess Leena

I sometimes get the black screen of death after closing out fullscreen games. But, it's easily remedied by aimlessly clicking one of the icons on my desktop, so I don't bother to fix it.

As for the sound, that could be a dead monitor. Does the monitor have that burning electronic smell?

Usually when a monitor goes, it'll make a loud popping sound (like a gunshot) followed by the smell of something burned. I saw it happen to my friend's computer one day. Not sure if that's usual though.

I guess it was ambiguous. When I turned it off the computer made the beeping noise not the monitor. And according to the wife there was no sound or smell it just went black.

The computer beeps actually mean something. You'd have to look it up online somewhere, but you can actually tell what is wrong with your computer if you can decypher the beeps.