TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
milliondollarchamp

Groom Shot & Killed By Police On Wedding Day

What I want to know how you can shoot 50 times and only kill one man?

And that one guy survived 11 bullets being in him, that is some action movie stuff.

Well, he beat Mr. Jackson by two bullets.

And NYPD manage to outstage the plunger incident. Awesome. How much longer before we get a riot in New York?

The thugs in NYC dont riot anymore. They just wear and sell Stop Snitchin T shirts. That is their way of getting back to the PoPo.

Because thugs sell TSHIRTS.

Fucking idiot.

Keep on trolling and flamming you Ugly Midget. Last time I checked I am from NY and walked the streets of Harlem, the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, Brookly and Manhattan. I know what thugs are and yes Idiots do sell T shirts to make money. I guess you haven't heard of the Stop Snitching campaign.

Once again...THUGS don't do legal shit you idiot. I guess the real hard ass thugs are working at the hotdog stand. And don't even fuck with those will kill you in a second gangstas that are selling CDs. If your definition of thug is guy wearing a stop snitching shirt, then prehaps you need to walk around the bronx and queens and harlem and staten fucking lsland again to re examine what being a thug is. Here is a hint, if the person didn't at least think about knocking your bitch ass out and robbing you, chances are, they weren't a thug.

The only laws they are breaking is not paying taxes on the money they make on the T-shirts.

Tax fraud...thats whats gangsta.

Please calm down you ugly midget. I have 5 friends on NYPD, I should know what Thugs do and dont do. I am talking about people selling t shirts out on the corner of 125 and MLK Blvd in Harlem. Why dont you take your ugly midget clown self and take a stroll there. Oooo and another thing is people dont think about Knocking my bitch ass out because I am 6'3 and white and the last thing a thug is going to do is attack a white man in NYC plus the people I roll with are all cops who carry guns on them at all times. So why dont you take yourself to clown college and become the next midget for The Big Top Circus you ugly dwarf.

Ha!

A rare contribution to the CE folder from me.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070317/ap_on_...police_shooting

NEW YORK - Three of the five policemen whose 50-bullet barrage killed an unarmed man on his wedding day were indicted Friday in a case that heightened racial tensions and renewed allegations that the city's officers are too fast on the trigger.

Attorneys for officers Marc Cooper, Gerscard Isnora and Michael Oliver said their clients had been indicted, but they did not know what offenses the officers had been charged with. Grand jurors had considered charges including murder, manslaughter or criminally negligent homicide.

The three officers fired the most shots — Cooper, 4, Isnora, 11, and Oliver, 31 — in the Nov. 25 confrontation that killed 23-year-old Sean Bell and wounded two of his friends as they left Bell's bachelor party at a strip club in Queens.

The shooting stirred outrage around New York City and led to accusations of racism against police. Bell was black, as are two of his friends who were wounded in the shooting. Cooper and Isnora are black. Oliver is white.

District Attorney Richard A. Brown said only that the grand jury had reached a decision and it would be announced Monday. He gave no reason for the delay, but indictments are often kept sealed until attorneys and their clients are notified and arrangements can be made for the defendants to surrender.

A person familiar with the case told the AP that the other two officers in the shooting — one black and one white — were not charged. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the grand jury's decision has not been made public.

The case also brought back painful memories of other infamous police shootings in New York City, including the 1999 killing of unarmed African immigrant Amadou Diallo, who died in a hail of 41 bullets. The officers in that case were acquitted of criminal charges.

Police union officials defended the officers, arguing they were responding to reasonable suspicions the victims were armed and dangerous.

"This indictment sends a chilling message to all New York City police officers and to all law enforcement throughout the country," said Michael Palladino, president of the Detectives' Endowment Association. "You can act in good faith and there is no margin for error."

Isnora, 28, was "very upset," attorney Philip Karasyk said. "But he is confident that once he has his day in court he will be vindicated."

The grand jury's decision came after three days of deliberations.

Anticipation has been running high around New York City about the grand jury's decision. Extra police officers were put on standby, and the mayor met with black leaders in the Queens neighborhood where the shooting occurred in hopes of defusing any tensions that might arise from the decision.

"Whatever the grand jury says ... I think you will see the people of this city behaving in an exemplary manner," Mayor Michael Bloomberg said Friday. "They can be disappointed, they can express themselves — that's freedom of speech, I don't have a problem with that. But nobody is going to go out and make our streets unsafe."

Peter St. George Davis, attorney for Sean Bell's parents, said his clients are devastated. "But they pray every day that somehow, out of their son's death will come a message or lasting legacy."

The Rev. Al Sharpton said the charges marked an important first step in the fight for justice in the case.

"The only way you make sure it doesn't happen again is you stop it, and you punish it and you send a signal that we live in a society where laws have to be respected," he said. "So there is no joy, no vengeance, no party here."

A 23-person grand jury heard the case, and 12 grand jurors needed to vote for an indictment for charges to be brought. The panel included eight blacks, seven whites, and a mix of Hispanics and Asians.

The five officers were among the more than 60 witnesses who testified before the grand jury. Survivors Trent Benefield and Joseph Guzman also gave their version, insisting the officers fired without warning.

Guest Vitamin X

Update on this story, everyone slap yourselves on the forehead! The three officers were acquitted.

Three detectives were found not guilty Friday morning on all charges in the shooting death of Sean Bell, who died in a hail of 50 police bullets outside a club in Jamaica, Queens.

Justice Arthur J. Cooperman, who delivered the verdict in State Supreme Court, said many of the prosecution’s witnesses, including Mr. Bell’s friends and the two wounded victims, were simply not believable. “At times, the testimony of those witnesses just didn’t make sense,” he said.

While his decision prompted several supporters of Mr. Bell to storm out of the courtroom, and there were a few small scuffles outside the courthouse, by early afternoon there were no suggestions of any broader unrest around the city. Mr. Bell’s family members made no comment as they left, and they immediately drove to visit his grave at the Nassau Knolls Cemetery and Memorial Park in Port Washington.

For more, check out the story. Link.

After reading this whole thing, two basic points:

1. I was greatly amused by various people trying to turn this into a blacks vs. whites thing and cry RAYC1SM... until it turned out that most of the cops involved weren't white.

But still, usually cops shoot at the wheels so the car can't get away, they don't shoot at the car.

Absolutely wrong. I wish people would read up on how real gunfights work, and not take their assumptions from action movies. The only way you can really shoot out the tires of a moving vehicle is to be in another moving vehicle yourself. Remember how on Star Trek: The Next Generation, in order to transport from one starship to another while they were in warp drive, the transporting ship first had to pull up alongside and match the other ship's speed? Same basic thing here. Also, how ballistics work, it's not easy for a bullet to penetrate something which is spinning real fast, like a tire. (When you use the alongside-trick tire shoot in a car chase, typically police will fire a shotgun; a spread of shot like that has a much higher probability of puncturing a tire than a solid bullet. These cops only had pistols.) If you're standing still and you're aiming at the tires of a speeding car, then you're either an Olympic-level target shooter or a complete idiot.

That being said, treating the occupants of this car like they were Bonnie & Clyde was obviously a wee bit of an overreaction.

50 shots! Fucking 50. This whole thing is mind boggling, how can someone unload 50 shots on an unarmed man and it not be considered excessive force!? I mean unless the guy is literally picking up the car and throwing it at them there's just no logic here.

Racism shmacism, this is just fucking gross in every way.

In theory, they weren't unarmed. Hitting someone with a car is legally considered to be assault with a deadly weapon. Not agreeing with the verdict (especially for the one guy who emptied his gun, reloaded, and emptied it again, come on), but that's how they excused it: these guys tried to kill a cop, then tried to run away.

Did anyone else notice the weird numbers in the shots fired? 50 shots fired. 21 struck the car. That means that the majority of the bullets went whizzing off into the distance, apparently striking some homes and a train station, where through luck alone nobody was injured. And also, add up those gunfire wounds: I didn't ever see a number for how many bullets hit the dead groom, but his passengers got 14 bullets between them, plus at least one for the dead guy. Even if you allow that a couple of the bullets might have hit more than one guy, that still means that the majority of the bullets that hit the car actually hit one of the occupants. Now let's slow down and think about that, really. 29 shots completely missed. 15 hit the men. Only 6 hit the car but not the guys? "Incredibly unlikely" doesn't even begin to cover it. Ever gone target shooting? Ever brought back a paper target with a bunch of holes in the bullseye, a bunch more that missed the target completely, but only a few in between? Something doesn't add up here.

But still, usually cops shoot at the wheels so the car can't get away, they don't shoot at the car.

Absolutely wrong. I wish people would read up on how real gunfights work, and not take their assumptions from action movies. The only way you can really shoot out the tires of a moving vehicle is to be in another moving vehicle yourself. Remember how on Star Trek: The Next Generation, in order to transport from one starship to another while they were in warp drive, the transporting ship first had to pull up alongside and match the other ship's speed? Same basic thing here.

Well done sir.

Though I definately got a kick out of you simplifying a basic, Newtonian system (stationary, shooting a projectile into a moving object) into an example involving impossible physics like faster than light travel and transporting matter.

And holy shit, 50 shots. How many police were there and what the hell kind of guns were they using?

If you desire to shoot people and get away with it, become a New York City police officer and your dreams will come true.

Problem 1 with talking about the hit and run attempt is that first the cop was unmarked. So no uniform, no badge, no poilce/Crime related windbreaker on. Secondly the van was unmarked. So at 4 A.M. if a person tries to stop you and waves a gun, are you thinking ticket or robbery? Third the van drove up to block in the car. That seems more like a gang ambush than a police search or ticket. So with a gun out from an unmarked person, and a call full of unarmed people, logic would say get away like everyone else would try to do. Then after failing at that by hitting a van that blocked them in and the cop with a gun. They had somone open fire and the rest emptied clips. With one unloading 21 of the atleast 50 shots.

If this isn't excessive force then what the hell is it?

I still got a headache on this one, I just can't get over the 50 shot thing. If this was the Hulk throwing a car you might not even need 50 shots.

Let this be a lesson to you. If a van pulls up in front of you and a man pulls out a gun and points it at you and guys get out the van with guns....you shouldn't try to get away. Because it is probably the Police, and they want to ask you a few questions.

Let this be a lesson to you. If a van pulls up in front of you and a man pulls out a gun and points it at you and guys get out the van with guns....you shouldn't try to get away. Because it is probably the Police, and they want to ask you a few questions.

I smell a NYC tourist campaign in the works.

Since you know, they spell relief N-O-T G-U-I-L-T-Y!

I think that my additional problem with it, the bald white guy who comes up and acts like the Giants just won the Super Bowl again. They could have at least TRIED to handle it with a little more class and work towards trying to improve already strained relations. But instead, nah, let's celebrate.

50 times...I don't care the reason, if there isn't gunfire coming out of the car then you shouldn't need to reload.

It just gets old how everyone is always ready to crucify the police officers. Yeah, I'm sure the guy did absolutely nothing to get shot at. Nope, nothing at all.

Come on.

We should do a TSM bake-sale to raise funds so Marney and Invader can move to Iran where their weirdo philosophies will fit in swell. Does it get any less American than kill-'em-cuz-they're-different?

...you have no idea how much I would love to be sent to Iran.

But it's not the money that's a problem, son. You just have to convince the President to lift the travel ban on me.

We should do a TSM bake-sale to raise funds so Marney and Invader can move to Iran where their weirdo philosophies will fit in swell. Does it get any less American than kill-'em-cuz-they're-different?

Nah...

I hate those towel heads.

"Groom?!"

How about "crackhead punk" and "drug dealer." Fuck him.

I'm still wondering where this angle came from, since it's the first time I've heard it.

It just gets old how everyone is always ready to crucify the police officers. Yeah, I'm sure the guy did absolutely nothing to get shot at. Nope, nothing at all.

Come on.

You have everything that happened right there in front of you. Even with their story, they were in the wrong. They were unmarked, plain clothes guys with guns telling guys to stop in a bad neighborhood. Saying "They tried to hit me with a CAR!" was an attack on a "police officer" when they didn't know it was a police officer is just plain fucking silly.

Its dumb shit like this that got that grandmother in Atlanta shot and killed where the police officers were completely in the wrong.