TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

TNA's VKM At Tonight's WWE House Show in Knoxville, TN

This storyline (the VKM stuff) makes no sense. What could possibly be the pay off?

The smart thing to do would be to have 3 guys they don't have anything for take up the fight in defense of McMahon against the Voodoo Kin Mafia. Considering how hardcore the TNA marks are, having WWE supporters in the six-sided ring is RIDICULOUS heel heat (I'm talking Muhammad Hassan heat, legitimately hating their guts and everything they stand for).

Guys I'd suggest in this group:

-Robert Roode, recreating the RVD 1997 Barely Legal promo (Success means more money here...and success means more money ELSEWHERE *hint, hint*)

-LAX (in an alliance role; more of a "Hey, TNA's been sticking it to us since the day we joined up, they've discriminated against us, even stripped us of what's rightfully ours; why should we fight to support them? What've they done for us?" kind of thing)

-Brother Runt ("I came to TNA with one thing in mind, and so far TNA management hasn't given me that opportunity to shine. TNA's held me back, and I'm not going to take it any more!". This also helps because you can have Team 3D v. LAX tag matches and still be working the VKM/WWE feud)

-Somebody in the role Angle played during the InVasion storyline (traitor to TNA, joins the WWE supporters, only to turn at the last second and save his original team from certain defeat)

You set up a BG/Kip v. TNA Traitors feud, culminating in a big-ass blowoff brawl at a heavily-hyped PPV where one of the TNA traitors turns back to TNA to give BG/Kip the numbers advantage and the win.

Why? TNA will show it on their shows to fans that's already tuning in. It's not like WWE will acknowledge any of this, so it's basically two former WWFers making asses out of themselves for an "indy" company that no one knows about.

because the wwe fans at the event now know about them.

"Hey! Look..Its Billy Gunn!"

*keeps on walking*

"Hey Road dog are you here to see your brother work as a ref?"

bwahhahahhaha

Or say what I said when I saw Kipper outside before a wwf event years back ""you suck billy" or later "you still have a job?"

or ask him if he sold his king of the ring crown for food money

This storyline (the VKM stuff) makes no sense. What could possibly be the pay off?

What's even worse is the week (I think it was the week before) before the whole "we're now the Voodoo Kin Mafia" angle took place, VKM did a "shoot" promo the week before saying how badly TNA dropped the ball with them and that they were done with TNA. Then a week later they were the VKM and were now leading TNA in a war agasint the WWE.

How in the hell does that work?

What's even worse is the week (I think it was the week before) before the whole "we're now the Voodoo Kin Mafia" angle took place, VKM did a "shoot" promo the week before saying how badly TNA dropped the ball with them and that they were done with TNA. Then a week later they were the VKM and were now leading TNA in a war agasint the WWE.

How in the hell does that work?

Didn't see the promo you're referring to, but on the primetime debut, they said they came back due to being given creative control by TNA, which they didn't have before. And I took it as more of a personal vendetta against DX than any kinda pro-TNA thing they were doing, but I could be wrong.

I don't give a shit about it either way, though.

This should have stayed in the WWE folder, since it is relevant there, and gets different opinions.

People are saying this would be good if it involved the Paparazzi, but more people would probably complain if Shelley and Starr were being used like this. Plus they have nothing to do with WWE.

During Triple H’s match, he acknowledged them and gave the DX salute towards VKM.

VKM were not approached at any time and asked to leave and no cameras were brought into the building by VKM or any TNA staff.

Expect footage of VKM

From TNA Wrestling.com

AN UPDATE ON THE VOODOO KIN MAFIA AT KNOXVILLE WWE EVENT

On Friday evening, the Voodoo Kin Mafia traveled to Knoxville, Tennessee, to attend a WWE live event.

Shortly after TNAwrestling.com posted our first update, we received word that the Voodoo Kin Mafia did indeed purchase tickets to enter the building to personally deliver their cease and desist letter to those responsible for the “dumb to the xtreme” television skits.

In fact, TNAwrestling.com has learned that VKM made it inside the arena just in time to witness the main event featuring Paul Levesque! Following the bout, Levesque acknowledged VKM in the audience, but they were unable to follow through with their mission as he left the ring.

“Unfortunately, our attempts to serve Levesque were unsuccessful. We also noticed many of the fans’ attempts to stay awake during the main event were also unsuccessful,” James told TNAwrestling.com. “The good news is – the fat, oily guy was nowhere to be seen. At least the great fans in this city of Knoxville, Tennessee were spared that suffering tonight.”

James continued…

“Until we get them to sign our letter, our mission will continue. If those responsible for ‘dumb to the xtreme’ want to end this, they are always welcome to come to our live events in Orlando, Florida, to sign the letter. Plus, it will save Kip from driving the RV all over the country, because I can’t park that thing worth a damn.”

PWInsider said that Triple H made absolutely NO acknowledgement to them at all, and TNA's flatout lying on their website for more attention.

Guess it depends on the definition of "acknowledgement"; picture shows him making the Road Dogg X-over-the-head to one side of the ring; if BG/Kip were on that side, they'd probably count it as acknowledgement. Then again, I don't think HHH would be backstage telling everybody how he was acknowledging them even if he did...

We'll never really know, not that it matters much.

However, I'd like to give kudos to the guys for actually going all-out with it. It would've been easy to hype it up, blah blah blah "bringing war to your front door" and then do nothing, but they've actually DONE something rather than sit there yapping about it, and I appreciate that. It's not the greatest angle in the world by any stretch of the imagination, but they've stepped up and made advances that they didn't have to make in attempts to further the storyline.

Guest netslob
picture shows him making the Road Dogg X-over-the-head to one side of the ring;

naww, he was just giving a shout-out to New Jack.

I say screw it. They wanna do the angle? Let 'em. BG and Kip aren't wrestling, so that's fantastic. And if they're gonna bring the war over, might as well go into WWE territory. There are worse things TNA could do with the James Gang.

Hope theyre not spending any money on these guys not wrestling.

I wonder if this is just confined to these 2 or there were other guys like the Dudleys that turned them down.

This is just a midcard thing at best and it's more about exposure and is kept away from the main event scene, since they already have many things screwing that up as well.

I remember the promo that Rhyno did months ago that made him seem like a bigger star even though he's lost 90% of his matches since then. Imagine if he did that promo every week and it became his gimmick, he'd be as pathetic as these guys. So hopefully that means theyre not using any guys for this storyline with any sort of a future.

I also think they go overboard with guys whining in interviews about being held back.

Does anyone think the live audience will eventually turn on this crap, like with the Jackass stuff? Particularly since they do the whole 3 shows in one night taping, they could have 3 interviews in-ring saying the same stuff over again, at least when they do those poorly lit segments they dont have to watch it with the rest of us.

I can eventually see the crowd getting sick of this and start chanting We Dont Care, which Russo will see as great passion and heat from the fans and will turn up the volume on the angle, and create a spinoff group with the initials W.D.C which he will fill in later, then take a break from TNA for being burned out on all his work on making initials and how he was held back by TNA management.

nawww ahhh clearly somebody in the ring got hurt.

Oh no shit! I should tell New Jack on Friday.

Surely, if anything, (most) people outside a WWE House Show will see Road Dogg and Billy Gunn, naturally assume that if they're at a WWE show that they're coming back to rejoin DX and be more likely to watch RAW incase it happens this Monday?

PWInsider said that Triple H made absolutely NO acknowledgement to them at all, and TNA's flatout lying on their website for more attention.

Guess it depends on the definition of "acknowledgement"; picture shows him making the Road Dogg X-over-the-head to one side of the ring; if BG/Kip were on that side, they'd probably count it as acknowledgement. Then again, I don't think HHH would be backstage telling everybody how he was acknowledging them even if he did...

We'll never really know, not that it matters much.

However, I'd like to give kudos to the guys for actually going all-out with it. It would've been easy to hype it up, blah blah blah "bringing war to your front door" and then do nothing, but they've actually DONE something rather than sit there yapping about it, and I appreciate that. It's not the greatest angle in the world by any stretch of the imagination, but they've stepped up and made advances that they didn't have to make in attempts to further the storyline.

Doesn't HHH do this on occasion?

Guest pompeydon

Again, why dont TNA concentrate on TNA? But hey let them show up on RAW, the ratings will shoot up miles.........................

RAW segment with VKM up 0.01..