TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Star Ocean 3

NHL Thread: It's December Now.

Miller will return back to godly form soon. And we will destroy all the Canadian teams.

No.

The defence needs to pick up because Miller prevent the game from being very ugly.

I"m a little more perplexed as to why Niedermayer has more votes than Pronger.

Pronger has more goals, assists, game winning goals, and has a better plus/minus.

Niedermayer's a more-recognized name?

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
I"m a little more perplexed as to why Niedermayer has more votes than Pronger.

Pronger has more goals, assists, game winning goals, and has a better plus/minus.

This is exactly why we're voting for Rory Fitzpatrick.

Lemieux is going to keep the Penguins and move them.

He's investigating possible places for them to go.

RE: The Penguins moving to Hartford. As much as I'd love it - I miss going to B's games there - I just can't see Bettman going back to a city that he abandoned. KC or Seattle would be more likely, and even <gasp> putting the team in Canada is more likely.

RE: the whole "Vote for Rory" campaign. It was funny before it meant him actually making the team. The fact that he's now among the leading vote getters is kind of a debacle, and makes the NHL seem like even more of a joke league than it already was. I can almost hear the "funny" comments from ESPN already. I've heard that he'll decline the invite if he gets voted in - and really hope that that's true.

RE: Pronger vs. Niedermayer. I wonder if the fact that Western Canada hates Pronger has anything to do with Niedermayer having more votes.

RE: the atrocious scheduling system currently used by the NHL. The Bruins play their THIRD game against the Western Conference tonight. The team is almost 40% through their schedule (rough estimate, way too lazy to figure it out mathematically) and they're only playing the West for the THIRD fucking time. So, so stupid.

So, the Bruins won last night. But basically played a penalty kill style of "offense" for the last 2 periods ... to the point that they had literally ZERO shots on net in the third period. Yes, it's good that they won. But if the Bruins have any chance of regaining the attention of the Boston sports fans or media, they really need to bring SOMETHING to the table in terms of offensive excitement.

Guest Princess Leena

I'd like the Penguins in Moscow.

And yes, the schedule BLOWS. The Sabres have played Montreal like 5 times already. It's stupid.

I know that at least one of you said that the Kings would make the playoffs this year, and for that, I must laugh at you.

Ha.

Instead of the playoffs, more like favorites to win the lottery.

Gotta love how Michael wilbon says Race has something to do about why that cheap shot isn't being covered like the brawl on saturday night. Race isn't the problem, No one caring about hockey is the problem.

It's because Spacek deserved to get punched in the face for riding Nichol off into the net and then acting like he didn't do anything. Nichol probably should have told Spacek to man up and fight, but the Preds are a bunch of bitches anyway, so it didn't surprise me to see him do what he did.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
RE: the whole "Vote for Rory" campaign. It was funny before it meant him actually making the team. The fact that he's now among the leading vote getters is kind of a debacle, and makes the NHL seem like even more of a joke league than it already was. I can almost hear the "funny" comments from ESPN already. I've heard that he'll decline the invite if he gets voted in - and really hope that that's true.

No, he should be there. Don't you think that would piss everybody off that bothered to vote for him? You put in the time for this whole grassroots campaign to disrupt the norm and you have nothing to show for it? Fuck that. How many people watch NHL ASGs? Like fifteen people in Minnesota and Michigan? In terms of travesties to professional hockey, this is way behind stuff like missing half a season because of labor disputes, missing a whole season because of labor disputes, the Carolina Hurricanes winning the Stanley Cup, Todd Bertuzzi breaking a guy's neck, and the Philadelphia Flyers wearing pants.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

Blackhawks beat the Maple Leafs 3-1 in what ought to be a divisional game. Peter Bondra scores goal #500, Jim Vandermeer gets ejected for bumping into Michael Peca, and Chicago gets closer to a playoff spot. I would've liked the Bulls to win tonight as well, but hey.

It's because Spacek deserved to get punched in the face for riding Nichol off into the net and then acting like he didn't do anything. Nichol probably should have told Spacek to man up and fight, but the Preds are a bunch of bitches anyway, so it didn't surprise me to see him do what he did.

I completly agree.

Regarding the Pens: The talk around here is mostly about them moving to Kansas City.

I so want them to move. Not because I hate the team, but rather because Mario has put up with enough shit and deserves to go somewhere where the public officials give a damn about him. I hope the team moves and Shittsburgh then decides a few months later to build a new arena -- with no hockey team to occupy it 50 or so times a year. :lol:

The city can't build a multi-purpose arena that would attract a variety of entertainment endeavors, but they can build a baseball-only stadium for a team that's had losing seasons since 1993 and build a football-only stadium that's probably used, if they're lucky, 20 times per year. I hope Mario sticks it to them good.

No I don't believe so.

Peca has a torn MCL and a broken Tibula. I say he's done for the season, unless Toronto goes deep into the playoffs.