TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Fedor signs to fight with Bodog

--In a major shocker, Fedor Emelianenko has signed for Bodog's second PPV as a fighter. Emelianenko is the coach of the Russian Red Devil team for tonight's show in Vancouver. Fedor at this point has only signed a one fight deal with Bodog, run by billionaire Calvin Ayre. As much of a joke as this promotion has been up to this point, this is a sudden major exclamation point that sort of puts them on the radar.

Bodog, with fine management, will thrive with Fedor.

UFC HW champ Randy Couture vs. PRIDE/Bodog HW champ Fedor Emelianenko would be outstanding.

Now there's a blast from the past. How are you doin' Sass?

As far as Fedor goes, I'm glad because they show Bodog stuff on one of the local networks every once in a while. By glad, I mean that I'm glad I won't have to pay to watch him fight. I'd feel that way if it were anyone else.

So was St. Pierre and Serra.

This is 2007 MMA, if anything, Lindland has to be the favourite going into the fight.

Height-wise, Fedor and Lindland are even. Weight-wise, Lindland will probably come in around 210, and Fedor will be around 230, which is big, but hell, Couture was outweighed by Sylvia by about 40 pounds.

Georges wasn't overconfident, if anything he may have been the opposite. I saw him today, went right back into training and you can tell he was annoyed by all the people trying to give him advice about "learning" from the experience, though he still had that polite smile. He'll be okay, anybody that takes the beating he did and is back to training in less than 48 hours (travelling across the continent in the meantime) has heart and determination, I don't care what anyone says.

Anyway, the thing about Fedor and Lindland is that Lindland's body type is a lot smaller than Fedor's. I know Randy and Sylvia had the same issue, but Lindland is arguably not even as skilled as Fedor, while Randy is much more skilled than Sylvia. When a guy has a size advantage, is of the same skill level, and has never wavered from an intelligent gameplan or lost focus, you won't win.

*Lindland knocks out Fedor* OH SHIT!

Georges wasn't overconfident, if anything he may have been the opposite. I saw him today, went right back into training and you can tell he was annoyed by all the people trying to give him advice about "learning" from the experience, though he still had that polite smile. He'll be okay, anybody that takes the beating he did and is back to training in less than 48 hours (travelling across the continent in the meantime) has heart and determination, I don't care what anyone says.

Anyway, the thing about Fedor and Lindland is that Lindland's body type is a lot smaller than Fedor's. I know Randy and Sylvia had the same issue, but Lindland is arguably not even as skilled as Fedor, while Randy is much more skilled than Sylvia. When a guy has a size advantage, is of the same skill level, and has never wavered from an intelligent gameplan or lost focus, you won't win.

*Lindland knocks out Fedor* OH SHIT!

I meant Randy and Tim, actually.

BUDURG RESULTS:

FEDOR WON!!!!!!! WHOOOHOOOOWHOOOWHOOOWHOOOO!!!!!!!!!! ARMBAR. FIRST ROUND. 3 MINUTES. ALL HAIL LORD FEDOR.

God I was so worried.

NOW I AM SO HAPPY!!!

HAPPY!!!

HAPPY~!!!

From THE 'DURG:

Round Time

1 Josh Curran Jarno Nurminen TKO (Strikes) 3

2 Rodrigo Damm Santino Defranco Submission (Rear Naked Choke) 2 1:58

3 Bill Mahood Steve Steinbeiss Decision (Unanimous) 3 5:00

4 Roman Zentsov Kristof Midoux TKO (Corner Stoppage) 1 5:00

5 Amanda Buckner Hitomi Akano Decision (Unanimous) 3 5:00

6 Jorge Santiago Andrei Semenov TKO (Strikes) 2 4:48

7 Aleksander Emelianenko Eric Pele KO (Punch) 1 4:07

8 Nick Thompson Eddie Alvarez TKO (Strikes) 2 4:32

9 Fedor Emelianenko Matt Lindland Submission (Armbar) 1 2:58

Looks like a good shur.

Come on it was the greatest Russian Heavyweight Sambo stylist vs Team Quest Welterweight wrestler! But what is Denis Kang's opinion? Bobby Southworth was not on the card?

PBP of Fedor/Lindland via BK...

Lindland, weighing 212-lbs. enters the ring looking relaxed. Fedor follows looking calm as ever. Russian President Vladimir Putin is sitting ringside with Jean-Claude Van Damme. Lindland clinches with Fedor. Fedor turns him around. Lindland is fighting for a takedown. Fedor takes Lindland down hard and quickly mounts him. Fedor spins for a leg lock but Lindland has none of it. Fedor now working from Lindland's open-guard. Fedor passes to half-guard. Fedor mounts again. Lindland gives up his back. Emelianenko attacks Lindland's arm but he esacpes. Fedor tries again and forces a tap with an armbar early in the first round. The official time is 2:58.