TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wyld Cannon

The Smarks Board circa 2001(?)

Yeah. I found this site through Wrestleline when it was the yellow board and have been here since.

I haven't watched wrestling in over 3 years.

Guest Felonies!

Sometimes I've considered going back to my old I AM THE ALLIANCE name, but eh, what's the point?

Geez, I remember the days before PWInsider, 1Wrestling, and others. Back when the only outlet for Pro Wrestling News was shitty geocities sites that copied news from the Torch and Observer. www.ProWrestling.com was the first major site, run by some guy named Zoran or Zorad or something equally stupid, and another writer named Sushi-X who gained a small bit of fame due to ripping off the alias of a long time correspondant of Electronic Gaming Monthly magazine. I believe that Bob Ryder started writing for them at some point, and eventually in '97, 1wrestling was created as an extension of prowrestling.com

June 31, 2001!

I was doing a search for Iron Chef Reviews and Rantsylvania popped up and I found the forum.

I thought that site was long gone. And doesn't Slayer own it?

June 31, 2001!

I was doing a search for Iron Chef Reviews and Rantsylvania popped up and I found the forum.

MrRant owns Rantsylvania.com

cue the irony..

It doesnt work though.

Oh it was Rant.

Then how did you know the exact date?

June 31, 2001!

MrRant owns Rantsylvania.com

cue the irony..

It doesnt work though.

Oh it was Rant.

Then how did you know the exact date?

I have a good memory. June 31, 2001 old board..January 31,2002 new board

What about all that crap with Shannon and stuff? I don't remember any details because I didn't care about what was going on (I was mainly a lurker who occasionally posted) but that was a big deal.

August/September '01, the old yellow board I believe. I used to go to rantsylvania in early '01 but I never went on the board there. Then, when they switched over to The Smartmarks, I hopped right on. I remember there were other choices for the new site name. thisisworkrate.com (which was my favorite) and vanillamidgets.com come to mind.

Edit: my 1000th post. Cool.

August/September '01, the old yellow board I believe. I used to go to rantsylvania in early '01 but I never went on the board there. Then, when they switched over to The Smartmarks, I hopped right on. I remember there were other choices for the new site name. thisisworkrate.com (which was my favorite) and vanillamidgets.com come to mind.

Ah, the old debate. You have NO idea how close this site was to being named Vanilla Midgets

Dames

I lurked for a long time before I joined in July '02. I also discovered the site through Wrestleline.

I think I racked up 1500 posts in my first year on the board and then I gradually posted less and less on this board

Ah, the old debate. You have NO idea how close this site was to being named Vanilla Midgets

Dames

*I* know how close this site was to being named Vanilla Midgets.

Been here since Delphi. Do not watch wrestling at all.

Been here since the beginning. I seem to remember reading Scott Keith before Wrestleline started, though. I went to all of the regular sites back then, even Scoops! I was HUGE fan of ScoopThis as well. I believe that my name on every incarnation of the board was Imarkout4chrisdaniels, and it was almost Imarkout4algreene. I picked someone that was not widely known. I changed it on here maybe two years ago because some WWE-only idiot thought I was a blind mark for Daniels and TNA when I commented on something retarded the WWE had recently done. I couldn't convince the guy that I had had the username for many years, so I just give up. I like the eldandy part better anyway. I also almost went with Imarkout4silverking and was going to put "I'm not fooled by his stocky physique" in my signature.

And yes, I still watch wrestling, and it would take something very retarded to get me to stop.

Wrestlecrap mentioned thesmarks.com once, and I ended up registering right after the yellow board switch. A thread asking if Vonnegut should get the Nobel before he died was my only contribution at the time. I registered at the current incarnation right after watching Wrestlemania XVIII. I was funnier when I was 18, 19.