TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Xbox LiveGamertags

Guest Vitamin X

I just figured out the "total control" pitching last night, and I had tons of fun with it. It really is kind of cool, since it adds a layer of challenge to the whole game when it's not just pushing a button and having it automatically go where you want it to. The only problem is, I still think I walk way too many batters, and I'm on rookie mode right now. If I played on anything harder, I'd probably bean every batter or give up a homerun every inning. That's the main problem with 2k8, IMO. The learning curve is a bit too steep, and it's a pain for the casual/recreational gamer.

I still have to work on fielding, though. The right stick throw to the relay man and then tossing it to a base is a BITCH at the moment, but aside from that I can win some games.

As far as fielding goes.. just go by feel. If you're wanting to hit a cut off man, just remember to hold the left trigger.

I've been having a bit of trouble with it too, but last night I was able to throw out a runner trying to get to home from 2nd on a hit n run with Ichiro.

If you're ever up for an online game, send me a message on XBL.

A: Matt Youngs voice is way too deep. Its disturbing.

B: I still haven't played COD4 online yet. I have yet to touch the multiplayer and I have had it for quite a while. I just have no intrest in playing people that take it way to seriously and are going to start talking shit. I don't have time for that shit.

My voice has been like that since I've been 16. It kind of fits now since I'm decently built, but people's reactions when I was still 125 pounds were classic. It's funny, though, that I sound blacker than the black posters when I'm so pale. :P

As for the second comment, Rip, COD4's community is much better than most games. You'll still run into assholes, but 75% of people are cool. You can always play with people from here, too. I usually have at least a few friends in my party, if ever you want to join when you see me online.

My voice has been like that since I've been 16. It kind of fits now since I'm decently built, but people's reactions when I was still 125 pounds were classic. It's funny, though, that I sound blacker than the black posters when I'm so pale. :P

As for the second comment, Rip, COD4's community is much better than most games. You'll still run into assholes, but 75% of people are cool. You can always play with people from here, too. I usually have at least a few friends in my party, if ever you want to join when you see me online.

I feel that Halo 3's online community is generally the worst, with COD 4 not amazingly better.

Dead or Alive's online community is very quirky, in general. Not griefers... just plan weird.

Can't think of anything else off the top of my head that jumps out at me.

Only negative I have about CoD and Rainbow Six communities are the numerous armed forces members / Army-philes that think they're god's gift to the game because they're either out doing the real thing or know every last in and out of a a G36KA or a P90.

GT - NinerFan1983

Games: Madden 08, NBA 2K8

Update

GT is the same, just adding games I either recently purchased (GTA IV) or didn't add in because I rarely play them (The Orange Box, Call of Duty 4)

GTA IV, The Orange Box, Call of Duty 4, Madden 08, NBA 2K8...

Might be adding College Hoops 2K8 soon.

I have been playing GTA quite a bit (mostly singleplayer) but I'm also willing to play anybody on Madden, NBA 2K8 or GTA if they want.

I've never gotten around to doing Live, but I finally gave in and ordered the wireless network adaptor from Amazon last night cause they had it for like 25 bucks off and I had a gift certificate. Essentially I got the $100 piece of hardware for just under $70. The one problem is I am terrible at a lot of the shooting games, so seeing I have never played the online play before, I was just curious if there are areas for terrible people ton play each other? I am talking like 7 year olds with poor motor skills bad when it comes to a game like Halo. Is there a way to play in bottom level games as to not anger others, or should I just be sticking to games I am actually passable at when I get it?

Most games have good matchmaking systems. In Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4, you'll get matched up with people at or around your skill level, at least in ranked games (well, all COD4 games are ranked).

I've never gotten around to doing Live, but I finally gave in and ordered the wireless network adaptor from Amazon last night cause they had it for like 25 bucks off and I had a gift certificate. Essentially I got the $100 piece of hardware for just under $70. The one problem is I am terrible at a lot of the shooting games, so seeing I have never played the online play before, I was just curious if there are areas for terrible people ton play each other? I am talking like 7 year olds with poor motor skills bad when it comes to a game like Halo. Is there a way to play in bottom level games as to not anger others, or should I just be sticking to games I am actually passable at when I get it?

Halo 3 has a beginner's area. Beyond that, not a lot for you. Are you sure you're that bad?

Halo 3 has a beginner's area. Beyond that, not a lot for you. Are you sure you're that bad?

Well, I may be being a bit harsh on myself, but I am not too great on shooters. Most of my game playing I am usually playing either basketball or wrestling games. Sadly, I am also a sucker for like licensed product games like Spider-man and stuff, so I've never really mastered shooting games like I know most people have.

I just got an Xbox360 so I'll be building my library of games soon. I couldn't get UndertakerHart or a few other names I wanted so I am: ThrashingDuck.

If people had to pay for silver and if I kept my Xbox Live account from the Xbox days I could have used my forum name again.

I love how I can just go to the Xbox website and C&P that list to get friends added, much easier than writing it all down and logging in to Xbox Live and doing it from there.

On that note, Matt Young, mfn, and Blue Bacchus don't seem to exist.

If you change your name all of your friends are aware of it / still on your list, right? I'm sure I won't want to be known as TSM's DrVenkman (especially now that I see I actually own DrVenkman21 from the old Xbox and need to figure out how to get it back since that subscription was cancelled long ago).

Thought so. Thanks.

So, is it even possible to change your gamertag without creating a new one? I went to the edit option and the gamertag name was greyed out.

You either have to make a new one, or pay MS $10 (800 MS points) to change it. A friend told me that if 5 or more people file a complaint against you for "Offensive Gamertag", MS will make you change it, but I can't confirm the validity of that.

I originally wanted to be TheRealDrVenkman just to make a point (though I'm sure many more online Venkman's are just as real) AND make a RGB reference while I was at it, but it was too long it seemed.