TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuitarist

Memorable/Favourite

I remember doing a similar thread in Sports a few years ago...there were lots of multiple mentions, but almost everyone had a few.

Two by JR I'll always remember:

"The Austin Era has begun!" at Wrestlemania 14 and his poignant eulogy of Owen Hart on May 23, 1999 when he said "I hope I can be as good a man as him, so I can see him again one day".

Add your own as you see fit. I can't believe I don't remember what was said when Terry Funk won the ECW Title at Barely Legal, or Bret Hart winning the WWF at Wrestlemania 10.

My favorite call has to be from the Bash of the Beach 1996 when Bobby Heenan was ranting on how much he hated Hogan and then Hogan comes out as the "mystery partner" in the main event.

"STONE COLD! STONE COLD! STONE COLD...IS GOING TO WRESTLEMANIA!!!"

Also...

"HOROWITZ WINS!!! HOROWITZ WINS!!! HOROWITZ WINS!!!"

JR's reaction to Foley being tossed off the cell stands out in my mind as well.

Edited by Papacita

After Tony Schiavone told an irate Jesse Ventura that the Ultimate Warrior hitting Rick Rude with the IC title belt at SummerSlam 1989 was legal because it was outside of the ring Ventura's reply: "WHAT? Your telling me Warrior can SHOOT Rude outside of the ring and it'd be legal because it was outside? Your a lot dumber than I thought Schiavone!"

J.R.'s call of Foley falling through the top of hell in a cell at KOTR 1998: "Will someone stop the damn match!"

J.R.'s call of Barry Horowitz's victory over Skip: "Horowitz wins! Horowitz wins!"

Bobby Heenan on Piper @ Royal Rumble 1992: [Piper saves Flair from Jake Robert's DDT] "Roddy its not a skirt, it's a kilt, it's a kilt!" [Piper hits Flair] "You no good...it's a SKIRT, it's a SKIRT!"

Roddy Piper going crazy after Sgt. Slaughter beat the Ultimate Warrior for the WWF Championship in 1991 at the Royal Rumble: "WHAT?!?! You disgusting puke you!"

The great thing about HOROWITZ WINS is that JR got to call it twice. Once on Action Zone w/ Pettingill and the other on Challenge w/ Monsoon. Needless to say, Monsoon was marking out over that one.

Snuka attacking Perfect and Genius after the bell at SurSeries 89.

Ventura: How do you explain this?!?

Monsoon: He's a sore loser.

Ventura: You're right about that!

Monsoon: I've never known him to be anything but one.

Edited by MillenniumMan831

For an ECW pay-per-view (?) in Lousiana when the Dudleys lost the tag titles to Masato Tanaka & Balls Mahoney I always die laughing when Joel Gertner hits Balls with a chair and then turns to the crowd and does a sissy-type dance that's f'ing hilarious. Balls shrugs off the blow and has a chair and when Gertner turns around Joey Styles delivers an AWESOME line:

"Joel Gertner...is going to DIE"

Jesse after the Rick Rude's IC title win at WrestleMania V was fantastic. "I called it! I told you, Gorilla! I told you they'd outsmart him! Yeah!"

His call of the Savage-Hogan title match at the same show was great too, especially when he went off on Hogan after raking Savage's eyes: "I'll tell you what, I don't know how the Pukesters can cheer for this guy. He's as dirty as they get, Gorilla!" Or when the crowd was cheering for Hogan:

Jesse: "And listen to the Pukesters!"

Gorilla: "What right do YOU have to call them that name?"

Jesse: "Because they are!"

Gorilla's famous line during the Hogan-Andre match stands out: "The irresistable force meeting the immovable object!"

I remember way back when the Islanders turned heel, I think it was a way to bury Tom Zenk too as they tore him up, that's pretty hazy. Monsoon was commenting throughout the match how they'd been more aggressive than usual and Ventura was chuckling but not too loud. Finally at the end Bobby Heenan came in and raised their arms and Monsoon yelled at him-And you knew it all the time! His reaction is what I remember most, an exagerated Ha-Ha-Ha! back at Monsoon. I got that on tape somewhere and will edit it to make it more accurate later. Same as this one in the MidSouth when the Freebirds were ganged up on someone, 3-1, and Watts made it sound like he was sick to his stomach-Three on one, typical Freebird style..I find this reprehensible!

I always love JR going:

SOMEONE TELL ME WHY. TELL ME WHY DAMNIT.

When Matt Hardy was struggling to climb the ladder in TLC 1-

Now's your opportunity Matt. You're at home son, go up that ladder!

Tony Schiavone's greatest moment:

"We have seen the end of Hulkamania... and Hulk Hogan, you can go to hell. Straight to hell!"

After Tony Mamaluke dives to the outside and lands on the guardrail.

Joey Styles: Holy Sh*t!

Joel Gertner: What the hell? You can't say holy sh*t! What the f*ck are you thinking?!

I remember doing a similar thread in Sports a few years ago...there were lots of multiple mentions, but almost everyone had a few.

Two by JR I'll always remember:

"The Austin Era has begun!" at Wrestlemania 14 and his poignant eulogy of Owen Hart on May 23, 1999 when he said "I hope I can be as good a man as him, so I can see him again one day".

Add your own as you see fit. I can't believe I don't remember what was said when Terry Funk won the ECW Title at Barely Legal, or Bret Hart winning the WWF at Wrestlemania 10.

the funk call was by styles and it went something like "3, he did it he did it....do you believe in miracles!"

bret at wm 10, i cant reacll oddly, I just remember Lawler screaming "I think hes hit his head!" when yoko fell off the ropes and lawler screamed "No" when bret won

Vince at wm 13 when Taker won talking about the fans standing behind him year after year month after month and finally hes won the title (well the 2nd time but you get the idea)and adding "the dark days of the wwf have begun"

Jrs reaction to austin losing to kane at KOTR 98, a hushed "no" after the announcement was made

of course "Look at this he slams the Giant!" by monsoon and jesses retort "unbelieveable"

Bobby Heenan almsot crying at the savage/liz reunion at wm 7 but he responds back by insulting them and when they show a lady crying he says "maybe here shoes are too tight" later on he says "id rather have the win, than a skirt"

"Use it use it, waffle him with it, remember that old saying what the hell use the bell!" Heenan at wm 8 during Piper-Hart

---Whenever Jesse would call Tito Santana "Chico" Santana, and talk about his "Latin Temper".

----WrestleMania 8--Tito hits Shawn Michaels with the "El Paso De Muerte" fist drop, which Gorilla calls correctly. Heenan responds, "What was that? Extra Hot Pace Picante?"

------Later that same show, at the beginning of the Tatanka/Martel match, Heenan is hysterical over Savage beating Flair. Gorilla keeps egging him on, and finally Heenan challenges him to a fight, right there in the booth. "Put Em' Up!!" "The Brain has Lost it here, folks". "Put Em' Up!" Classic.

-------J.R. and King's commentary during the HHH/Rock Iron Man Match at Judgement Day, 2000. Extremely well done, reminds me of how Gorilla and Jesse would always put over the technical aspect of the match, like WHY a move was supposed to work/hurt/whatever.

-------The commentary of Mean Gene and Heenan during the Gimmick Battle Royal at Wm X-7. It was great to hear J.R. laughing out loud throughout. I loved Heenan's comment as Slaughter put Sheik in the Cobra Clutch. "You can't put him out, because he's not conscious!"

I remember during the Austin v. Bret match at Wrestlemania 13, Austin starts destroying Bret with the chair and King goes: It's Wrestlemania baby!

I love that.

When ECW returned in 2001-

Paul Heyman: Feel it JR. Feel this moment for the rest of your life. Feel it.

I miss Vince on commentary.

He's going to do it. We're going to have a new champion. 1,2 and 3! No just kicked out.

Then when he justs busts out a Boomshockalocka in the WM: The Arcade Game.

---Whenever Jesse would call Tito Santana "Chico" Santana, and talk about his "Latin Temper".

----WrestleMania 8--Tito hits Shawn Michaels with the "El Paso De Muerte" fist drop, which Gorilla calls correctly. Heenan responds, "What was that? Extra Hot Pace Picante?"

------Later that same show, at the beginning of the Tatanka/Martel match, Heenan is hysterical over Savage beating Flair. Gorilla keeps egging him on, and finally Heenan challenges him to a fight, right there in the booth. "Put Em' Up!!" "The Brain has Lost it here, folks". "Put Em' Up!" Classic.

-------J.R. and King's commentary during the HHH/Rock Iron Man Match at Judgement Day, 2000. Extremely well done, reminds me of how Gorilla and Jesse would always put over the technical aspect of the match, like WHY a move was supposed to work/hurt/whatever.

-------The commentary of Mean Gene and Heenan during the Gimmick Battle Royal at Wm X-7. It was great to hear J.R. laughing out loud throughout. I loved Heenan's comment as Slaughter put Sheik in the Cobra Clutch. "You can't put him out, because he's not conscious!"

yea and then Heenan called Gene "Tony" and gene went "Tony?!!!"

yea and then Heenan called Gene "Tony" and gene went "Tony?!!!"

- 3 Way, Tajiri-Crazy-Guido. Big Sal get knocked off teh apron to teh outside threw a table. Styles and Cyrus both groan

Styles: That table didn't stand a chance.

Cyrus: Nah, could have been an air craft carrier and it wouldn't have stood a chance!

- Jr on HBK: You can love Shawn Micheals or hate him, its really irrelevant. Its a magnificant athlete

-Heenan going apeshit once Falir one the Rumble is awesome

Yeah, that was a hillarious gaffe by Triple H. I remember after that he's like "Did I really just say that?"

at some point during that i remember they cut to Chyna commentating with the spanish commentators then cut back to HHH and they asked him what were they talking about and HHH said something like: "something bout taco bell... they wannna go to taco bell i think..."