TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuitarist

Memorable/Favourite

Chi-Town Rumble '89.

Flair and Steamboat are on the floor and Flair delivers a chop that sounds like a bulllet. Everyone in the front row, including Dave Meltzer, reacts like the chop hurt just to watch it and J.R. screams:

"My God, you gotta be here to feel this!"

Tony Schiavone's greatest moment:

"We have seen the end of Hulkamania... and Hulk Hogan, you can go to hell. Straight to hell!"

This is my favorite as well. It sounded so sincere and real.

Another one is the Swedish commentary during Nasty Boys vs Cactus Jack/Maxx Payne (Spring Stampede 1994). It was the first WCW PPV they did the commentary for (and that was aired in Sweden). We came right from WWF 1994 to this. During the whole match you can hear the chock and joy in the commentators voices since they hadnt seen anything like it before. It had that feeling of genuine emotion.

"King Kong Bundy looks like a giant penis in a broken black condom."

-Violent J.

By far the best thing he ever did.

Hennan's commentary through the Royal Rumble Flair win is probably my favorite. He's just hilarious throughout.

And I do remember the Gertner/Ballz moment for the call, and Gertner's awesome physical comedy.

*daintily drops a chair on Ballz' head*

*turns toward crowd, flaps wrists wildly*

Just realised we've got this far without any mention of "THERE'S A WOMAN IN THE MENS BATHROOM!"

Gorilla & Bobby on Adrian Adonis:

Gorilla: He's quite lethargic.

Bobby: And slow.

JR and King when Undertaker throws Mankind off the HIAC at KOR 98:

JR: Oh, good God almighty! Good God almighty, he killed him!

King (hushed tone): Oh my God.

JR: GOD AS MY WITNESS, HE IS BROKEN IN HALF.

Heenan during the Gimmick Battle Royal at WM17:

"By the time the Iron Sheik gets to the ring, it's going to be Wrestlemania 38!"

Interesting note and somewhat sad, I think J.R.'s voice went once he got Bell's Palsey (sp?) in 1994 from what was a loud accent speech to the now MY GAWD Jim Ross, but ever wonder what those call's would have souned like in his "WCW" voice?!?! Really I cannot picture him saying he can kiss my ass in that old voice. However, for my answer I would say either whenever Bobby Heenan would say (And I think he said it on more than one occasion) "Perfect will be in the shower in five minutes" and his awesome "There cannot be a winner whoever win's stays whoever loses leaves" at the end of the Career Ending Match at WrestleMania VII.

Thanks.

McMahon's "Unbelievable, Unbelievable" during the Ramon/Michaels ladder match at WrestleMania 10.

McMahon's "Michaels got all of it, he got all of it. Michaels with the cover, 1, 2, 3!" at WrestleMania 12.

I thought that McMahon wasn't that bad on commentary even though he didn't know a lot of the moves going on in the ring. I think his best commentated match was with Bobby Heenan at SummerSlam 1993 with Lex Luger vs. Yokozuna. Heenan was especially on in that match just hating on Luger:

"Train dummy, do whatever you have to dummy, but your not going to beat the WWF Champion Yokozuna"

Also, in that match all of Vince's "1....2....3 HEGOTHIMNOHEDIDN'T" came off well because Yokozuna's legdrop to Luger looked vicious, the belly-to-belly suplex looked like it killed Luger, and also when Yokozuna clobbered Luger with Fuji's wooden bucket it looked over.