TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
admin

IP Board v2.2 Upgrade Issues

I'm randomly getting a blank white screen while trying to navigate around and have to refresh to get the page.

Closing up shop for the weekend to iron out the kinks in the upgrade would have been a good idea there, Mike.

EDIT: Just got it when I went to post this.

Edited by KingPK

I'm randomly getting a blank white screen while trying to navigate around and have to refresh to get the page.

I keep getting that too as well as the "PHP has encountered an Access Violation at Random Large Number" problem.

When was the last time someone got the PHP access error or a blank white screen?

These are un-releated to the forum upgrade, but are some tweaks on the back-end I have been making to make things run better.

The last changes I made were around 2.30pm. So anytime after that, let me know.

Guest Princess Leena

PHP thing happened again. When I finally beat my Alphabet Soup score. Boo.

ok, those type of errors should be resolved. If not yell @ me!

If everyone who is using the 100 post per view or whatever doesn't mind, cutting it down to 40, that'd be some help. in outline view you can still see 100, but it will lighten the load some.

Not blaming it on the issues we are having, but I do have another GB of ram on the way for the server and maybe if I get some cool things for Christmas or the auction does well, if we don't use the proceeds on some neat web packages we have been looking at, it may go towards another hard drive in a RAID 5.

I don't understand the last visitors to your profile thing. I have 17 views to my profile, and no last visitors. I have heard others say it refreshes every hour, so does that just mean no one has viewed my profile in the last hour? I figured the last visitors would be the last people to view it no matter the time frame.

Guest Princess Leena
I don't understand the last visitors to your profile thing. I have 17 views to my profile, and no last visitors. I have heard others say it refreshes every hour, so does that just mean no one has viewed my profile in the last hour? I figured the last visitors would be the last people to view it no matter the time frame.

Guests and people who are set on anonymous, do not show.

I haven't read through the thread, so I don't know if anyone has mentioned this one yet or not. On the main page, when I click the link to a thread under "Last Post Info", it doesn't take me to the thread. As a matter of fact, it doesn't do anything anymore.

EDIT:

Also, when I make a post or edit a post, it doesn't refresh and go to the post like it should. The post or edit goes through, but the page I'm on doesn't change, and I have to the new post manually. This is resulting in double posts, and shit like that, because before I noticed this I would click the post button again, since nothing changed.

I'm typing this from a computer at my college. On my home computer, I can log in, but I have quite a few problems. Sometimes, it will randomly log me out whenever I go to a page. And I can't even make a post! Every time I make the message and click to post it, I get a message that says I'm not allowed to post in the topic or something like that.

is the issue of having to re-log in every so often ever going to be resolved?

I'm typing this from a computer at my college. On my home computer, I can log in, but I have quite a few problems. Sometimes, it will randomly log me out whenever I go to a page. And I can't even make a post! Every time I make the message and click to post it, I get a message that says I'm not allowed to post in the topic or something like that.

Have both of you tried resetting your cookies? I changed a few settings to relax cookie security to the previous methods used, so hopefully it helps some. Go ahead and clear cookies for the hect of it though too.

Just made some memory tweaks to squeeze out some more performance, since the new version of IPB has some more efficient coding. Anyone notice a difference? If not, no big deal. In benchmarking it is a significant boost, however we are talking milliseconds to begin with.

Whoever's idea it is to keep adding these bullshit "K-Mart" versions of Tetris, please... fucking quit it. They all suck.

Or at least have the decency to list them alphabetically, so I don't have to keep playing Where's Waldo to fucking find them all...

Guest Smues
I just noticed... typing "W ! !" (but together) comes out as "Wii" ... as I was trying to double exclaim "Pay Per View" and it came out "Pay Per VieWii"

I'm guessing that was put in because of Marvin. Thank you whoever did that.

MeanMugginMatt (11:43:41 PM): Hey Kotz, would you have AOL by any chance?

Kyliejunge (11:41:51 PM): Nope.

MeanMugginMatt (11:44:17 PM): shit. I've tried everything, and the board won't let me post on there. Everytime it does, it says I'm not allowed to post in the topic.

Kyliejunge (11:42:30 PM): Contact teh adminz

MeanMugginMatt (11:44:35 PM): I can do it on any computer except mine. Already tried cookie deleting. I don't know what the fuck is going on.

MeanMugginMatt (11:44:45 PM): already did. He told me delete the cookies. Tried. Failed.

Kyliejunge (11:43:05 PM): I dunno. Masturbate furiously until you pass out, and hope the problem is fixed by tomorrow.

MeanMugginMatt (11:45:21 PM): sounds like a plan. Thanks.