TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

OAO 12/7 Impact Thread

Preview:

allstarspike.gif

PREVIEW FOR THURSDAY’S “iMPACT!” ON SPIKE TV

Broadcast highlighted by the “TNA All-Star War”

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling “iMPACT!” returns to SpikeTV this Thursday night at 9pm ET as TNA counts down the days until the Sunday, December 10 “Turning Point” Pay-Per-View event.

MAIN EVENT: TNA “ALL-STAR WAR” – NO RULES, NO MORALS, NO MERCY

Abyss vs. Sting vs. Christian Cage vs. Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe vs. Rhino

Prior to Sunday’s “Turning Point”, six of TNA Wrestling’s top stars will compete in a no rules, no morals, no mercy all-star brawl! With so much on the line heading into the huge Pay-Per-View event, who knows what chaos will erupt when all the major players in TNA compete in the same ring on one night!

Also on Thursday’s broadcast:

PETEY WILLIAMS VS. HOMICIDE

When Petey Williams protected the American Flag from torching at the hands of the LAX, he earned the rage of Konnan, Homicide and Hernandez. This Thursday night, Williams will go one-on-one with Homicide in a bout that is sure to feature the no-limits, high-flying X Division style of each star!

KEVIN NASH TO ADMINISTER PSYCHOLOGICAL TESTS TO THE X DIVISION

In the ongoing preparation for the upcoming “Paparazzi Championship Series”, Kevin Nash has announced that Jay Lethal, Alex Shelley, Austin Starr, Senshi and Sonjay Dutt will all undergo psychological exams this Thursday night, administered by Doctor Nash himself!

All this and much more this Thursday night on “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV, including many more of your favorite TNA stars! In addition, more matches will be announced for the upcoming “Turning Point” Pay-Per-View event!

Discuss:

This main event is taking the blowing PPV main events on TV things to knew extremes. That's like the next six months worth of main events in one match, and it probably won't even bump the numbers, because as far as I know, they haven't promoted it. Anyway, I hope Petey and Homicide get more than 3 minutes. I think they could have a great little tv match with 6 or 7, and since they've got a little mini-story going on, maybe they'll get some time.

Edited by TNABaddboi

The "All Star War" sounds like it could be pretty sweet. I haven't read spoilers, so I hope I'm not disappointed. Also hoping Petey vs Homicide gets some good time...to be honest, I haven't seen a ton of Homicide's stuff yet, so I'm interested to see how he works against Petey Williams.

Jesus Christ, whoever said that Konnan could cut a good promo must've been really fucking high at the time. The guy is approaching Ahmed Johnson levels here. LAX would get X-Pac heat from me if it weren't for Homicide.

I don't see why everyone bitches about this Layla chick so much...she's not that bad. She gets the point, her reactions to Eric Young looked realistic and not forced. She's really not that bad.

Jesus Christ, whoever said that Konnan could cut a good promo must've been really fucking high at the time. The guy is approaching Ahmed Johnson levels here. LAX would get X-Pac heat from me if it weren't for Homicide.

you're just basing this from his tenure in TNA?

you're just basing this from his tenure in TNA?

Nah, I'm just recalling someone saying it recently. Not necessarily here, though.

so Jim Cornette is out there on the mic and it sounds like freakin New Year's Eve out there. wtf?

edit: n/m...is it me or are there piped-in boos for Xian in the beginning??

ABYSS F'D A CORPSE!!!!

OMG HE KILLED HIS PARENTS IN A FIRE AND NOW CHRISTIAN IS GOING TO BRING BACK HIS HALF-BROTHER, AND TOMKO IS THE FATHER HIS MOM HAD AN AFFAIR WITH!! ;)

Tenay is funny...

TONIGHT WE HAVE STING VS. THE MONSTER ABYSS VS. KURT ANGLE VS. CHRISTIAN VS TOMKO VS THE SOMAON SUBMISSION MACHINE SAMOA JOE VS. SHANE DOUGLAS VS. CHRISTOPHER DANIELS VS. AJ STYLES

I am pumped for Turning Point. The Abyss/Sting/Cage angle is by far the most interesting in wrestling today, good writing. Joe/Angle 2 should be awesome and everything else should be good. I really like the story of Daniels trying to keep the peace between friends and still worry about his title. The Nash skits were funny, and VKM is... interesting. I just wish LAX could be more of a focal point, maybe when they get 2 hours. Good show all around.

I'm sure HTQ will disagree. After all if Russo wrote it, it MUST be terrible.

Did I miss it, or did Christian get shafted on a ring entrance?

He got an entrance earlier in the night so it would be kinda time wasting to do his entrance twice.

I got my girlfriend to watch tonight. She liked Eric Young and thought AJ Styles threw some convincing punches and elbows during the pull-away with Rhino. Hopefully she'll start watching with me.

Williams/Homicide was decent, but the ending felt botched. I would've preferred even a botched run-in from LAX leading to Williams pinning Homicide with the CD'er, but that wouldn't've furthered the angle much. Williams has certainly come a long way from his debut in TNA at the X-Cup back in March '04.

TNA right now is gold in the sports entertainment aspect, not so much in terms of quality TV action. All the matches feel like rushed WWF 1998 stuff, which is of course Russo style.

I haven't been a big fan of the VKM stuff but the bits tonight were pretty damn funny. And Nash's whole recurring storyline with the X Division guys is just brilliance. Nash is washed up as far as being a wrestler but he's gold on the mic and in skits.

The show wasnt all that bad last night, and I thought the pacing wasnt too bad overall to really let things sink in more into what they are doing. Its a process still, though. If this show was spread out over two hours, though, I think, with the addition of a few more matches overall, it would have come across alot better still and throwing that main event in the right situation and with the right promotion would have been huge in the ratings and in just general, making this show stand out more as impressive.

The VKM skits were kind of "eh", but not anything worse than any DX skits (nor better either though) - but hey, the Marine jab was pretty good. The Nash skit - I dunno, just to overtly and desperately trying to be funny to me.

Petey-Cide had potential...Senshi and Young was an ok little match, but my god, I just can't believe how Senshi is being so casually thrown in this and that right now with zero direction.

I did like the angles w/ LAX/AMW and Sting/Christian/Abyss though.

Rest of the show was alright, I dont mind what they are doing with Abyss right now at all. And its most definately nice to see Jarrett not even so much as mentioned right now. Feels like most of the roster, in typical Russo form, is given a role on each show, which is tough to do for an hour deal.

Downside to Russo right now is completely indicated with the main event. That match would be HUGE even on ppv if promoted right and ahead of time. If they had to do it on Impact, that should have been really pushed hard for weeks. Instead it was the definition of a hotshotted bout that really served little purpose. I just cannot get over how it was booked to have Angle over Joe again - there could have and should have been so many other more "protected" finishes here instead of that. In fact, that was probably the singlemost worse finish they could have booked. Is this just supposed to add built up aggression in Joe for the ppv in the storyline? Because it just makes him look more weak than anything.

One huge positive though was the Joe/Angle video package hyping their match. Really came across well and added some interesting elements to the rematch, giving the impression that Angle is vulnerable as hell pertaining to Joe.

I think I may order Turning Point as well. The late night replay, that is, since I'll be busy on Sunday evening. I'll probably be back here just before 11 to ask if it was worth ordering or not. ;)

Also - I hope the future Best of the X-Division Vol. 3 has some extras on it with all of the Nash/Paparazzi/etc skits on them.

Guest Canadian Crippler64

How great was the Angle/Joe video package. Angle's story about the Iranian wrestler is straight out of his book, and it is the perfect justification for the rematch. I also like how he said that win or lose, this is his last match with Joe.

Joe HAS to win this one, and then maybe they can keep them apart until one of them wins the title, and then the rubber match can be built around the title.

I think that the botched Destroyer was intended, because Homicide was involved in the fight with AMW after the match, and if Petey had hit the Destroyer, he would still have been laid out. That scenario doesn't work because Konnan can't fight right now. I agree Senshi needs direction, but something tells me he will join LAX very soon, and that will put him back in the X-title scene.

The Nash interview was great. I hope most people got the Hellwig comment, because it is brilliantly funny. I must say that Nash's skits serve their purpose, I just wish we got to see some of those guys in the ring more often, because that is what will really get them over. At the opposite end of the spectrum, I would like to see a little more AMW on the mic...the storyline is all about LAX, who, as great as they are, need AMW to talk smack right back at them.

The VKM stuff was actually pretty funny. It is still the weakest part of the show, and nobody should let Kip James talk, but the sketch in the movie theatre was comical.

Great use of AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels, however, I would have liked to see the Styles/Rhyno fight move into the crowd and then have Daniels left in the ring for Sabin to sneak up and hit the cradleshock. It seemed odd for me to not see the #1 contender to the X-Division title on the show immediately before the PPV.

Christian is as great as ever, and despite the similarity to the whole Kane backstory, I think there is some potential here to develop the Abyss character, as long as the secret he is keeping is not something stupid like necrophelia as it was with Kane.

As much as the "All-Star War" was unnecessary on free TV, and the idea of Joe being pinned bugs me, I understand the logic. I would rather have scene Rhyno make his way back to the ring, and have Joe hit him with the musclebuster, and then when he stands up, Angle hits him with the Olympic slam and steals the pin on Rhyno. That protects Joe and still puts over the doublecross by Angle. Anyway, overall, Impact is still coming through each week as easily the best wrestling show on TV. I can't wait for them to get the 2nd hour. If you spread the same show over two hours, give each match a few more minutes, and then throw in something to keep some of your other guys like the Dudley's, The Naturals, and Bobby Roode, on the show, and maybe another X-division match the show would be ideal.

Overall, for the 3rd week in a row, I am surprised to say that with a few minor exceptions, I can't complain about the show, despite the fact that Russo booked it.

I hope the ratings hit 1.1 this week.