TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Roundtable Discussion

Yeah I was making that comment about Nene or Camby with the assumption that Detroit's front-line would be thinned considerably. I'm sure Webber is leaving, and Nazr is pure garbage and all indications are the Pistons have been trying to trade him (though if CWebb goes they might keep him just because). It also seems like Dale Davis is probably going to retire.

Mad Max is awesome, and Amir will be good but its unclear whether he's going to be a big or a freakish wingman.

Thats what I love about him. That freak job has shown that he has no problems doing both. And really, there is nothing to say he is done growning yet. He goes after the boards and defends like a big, likes putting his back to the basket, but will drop a 3 in transition just because.

And yes...i would love him in Phoenix.

Rumblings in the Utah media is that Kirilenko is unhappy with his role on the Jazz since Devon and Carlos have become Stock/Malone II and AK is sort of out of the loop.

Every other day there is another speculation article of who they can get for him.

The Jazz got offers for him when he was making similar rumbles in January, but to quote Larry Miller the owner, "People where trying to rob us."

Ripper, your AK for Marion deal with some draft picks was hinted at by a local writer.

Rumblings in the Utah media is that Kirilenko is unhappy with his role on the Jazz since Devon and Carlos have become Stock/Malone II and AK is sort of out of the loop.

Every other day there is another speculation article of who they can get for him.

The Jazz got offers for him when he was making similar rumbles in January, but to quote Larry Miller the owner, "People where trying to rob us."

Ripper, your AK for Marion deal with some draft picks was hinted at by a local writer.

Dear lord I would love that deal. But at the same time, Who should be giving up more here? Shawn Marion is a multi time allstar and in the top 20 of every statistical catagory. I don't think Phoenix should be giving up extra draft picks. At the same time, AK-47 is...well...AK.

I don't even know if straight up would work, but I know it wouldn't take Phoenix out of the luxery tax level, and that is their goal, so they would have to trim even more fat. Which is tough when the coach has 8 guys in the rotation. there ain't alot of fat for trimmin.

That would be a good deal for both teams, I think. I don't know if it's a by-product of less creative contracts in the salary cap era or what, but it seems like there is potential for a lot of trades this offseason if teams decide they want to get creative. There should be a lot of potential suitors for the "names" out there (Randolph, Lewis, Marion, Stoudemire, Gasol, AK, Jamison, etc.).

Guest Vitamin X

Oh man, I do not want to see Kirilenko on the Suns. That would be ridiculous. Utah better know this too, especially considering they're now a contender.

Yeah, but if AK is as unhappy in Utah as it seems, they need to get rid of him. I wouldn't mind seeing Utah try to dangle him and maybe Paul Millsap for a upper-level 2 guard, as that is what Utah really needs to guard the likes of T-Mac & Kobe. I wouldn't want to lose Millsap, but I know he'd be a hot commodity for potential trades. I guess that could be Marion, but if he feels underappreciated at times in Phoenix, that won't change in Utah with Williams and Boozer.

Greg Oden is a freak of nature. HE got better times in the sprints than Oden? With 7.8 percent body fat? And a higher vertical leap? He is 7 fucking feet tall. That is just freakish.

But I am with Cena here, I would take Durant and his non 185 benching ass over a guy that can throw it up 20 times and not make a basket.

I'd have no qualms about drafting Durant second even with his poor performance at the combine. We've already seen what he can do in games and that's enough for me. However, I'd like to see him add a little muscle before he gets in the league. That's just begging for an injury. I mean, benching 185 pounds is not very much, especially for a someone his size.

I think he was listed at 215 for the measurements. That was a bit surprising.

McRoberts ended up being the fattest guy there with like 13.7% body fat, but it was said that he looked for athletic than Al Horford. Noah is a legit 7'0 with shoes on.

I hope that if the Jazz decide they want to move AK, they wind up with something decent in return.

If Dumars decides he wants to blow up the Pistons, I would love sending AK and Giriceck (or whatever they want that would make the salaries work) in exchange for Hamilton and Prince.

If the pistons do blow up the team, Rip Hamilton is the last guy that will be part of the explosion. Tayshaun also. Rasheed and Billups seem to be the expendable guys.

Edit: Fuck you cheech for typing faster than me.

I want the Knicks to go after Kirilenko too. Not sure what the Jazz are looking for though. I think Richardson would fit great on that team, but we'd have to add other parts.

Apparently Lamar Odom doesn't want to go to the Pacers. I wouldn't be opposed to sending Odom to Utah and bringing in Kirilenko instead, if any trade goes down.

Why the hell would the Pistons management blow up the team?

As for Durant- hahahahaha. I weigh 160, and I can bench 225 pounds 3 times.

Durant is about to be worth over a hundred million dollars.

You post here.

You post here.

quoted for hilarity.

him being unable to bench 185 should set off some warning bells, though. he better put on some muscle or, like ripper said, he's going to get injured pretty quickly.

Oh, I didn't say that. That was someone else.

He is of decent size that he won't get injured. He just isn't strong. He spent more time working on those things like ball handling, shooting, and passing and didn't hit the weight room very hard. Big whoop.

he is still 6'8 and 215. While that is thin, it isn't "you are going to get hurt" thin. he will be alright. He is a perimeter player anyway.

By the way, just to show how dedicated of a NBA fan I am, I am going to have to get microfracture surgery on BOTH knees just so I will know the pain that Amare went through time 2...

Of course this could just make me a secret K-Mart v1.0 fan. I am sticking with devout Suns fan.

Did anyone catch John Hollinger's rankings of the 60 teams to play in the NBA Finals since the merger? With the exception of the first 10, you have to have Insider. But here were the top teams:

1. 96 Bulls

2. 87 Lakers

3. 86 Celtics

4. 91 Bulls

5. 97 Bulls

6. 85 Lakers

7. 92 Bulls

8. 99 Spurs

9. 83 76ers

10. 89 Pistons

I'm surprised the 01 Lakers didn't make the top 10.

If someone has insider, I'd love to see the whole list. I'm curious who the weakest team is.

I'm surprised the 01 Lakers didn't make the top 10.

If someone has insider, I'd love to see the whole list. I'm curious who the weakest team is.

I'd like to see it posted too. I know he said that the 06 Heat and 77 Blazers were among the worst winners and 81 Rockets were in the bottom five overall during his chat. That Rockets team has to be the worst. And before someone says this year's Cavs, he said they'll end up in the low 40s depending on the average margin of victory for the Spurs.

He commented on the '01 Lakers. He said they maybe had the most dominant postseason run but that they were a weak regular season team. He weighted both in his analysis.

You post here.

Shit.