TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Good Movies

Agreed with Last Samurai, although Cruise looking like Superman when he was fighting a bunch of TRAINED SAMURAIS near the beginning of the movie, was pretty ridiculous too.

Jeepers Creepers. Great movie that just ends with the shot of the eye. Still get pissed thinking about it.

Jeepers Creepers is one of the worst movies I've ever seen, at no point in the movie did the words great, good, decent or anything other than "shit", cross my mind.

Agreed with Last Samurai, although Cruise looking like Superman when he was fighting a bunch of TRAINED SAMURAIS near the beginning of the movie, was pretty ridiculous too.

Jeepers Creepers. Great movie that just ends with the shot of the eye. Still get pissed thinking about it.

Jeepers Creepers is one of the worst movies I've ever seen, at no point in the movie did the words great, good, decent or anything other than "shit", cross my mind.

THANK GOD someone agrees with me about Jeepers Creepers. To me, the only good thing about that movie is the camera work early in the film. When the guy is talking and you can see the truck WAAAAYYY off in the background coming back...it built some kick ass tension. That is where it ended. I hated that movie with a passion.

Guest netslob

I Spit On Your Grave. i think the killings should have been more drawn out and torturous. except for the wanton, unauthorized bris in the bath-tub, that was ok.

oh, wait, you said "Good movies"...never mind.

Unbreakable. The twist was fine, but the title cards just made the whole thing feel a little deflated...

Ditto.

Contact.

End of thread.

Why? Because the alien took the form of her father?

Assuming that's what you think (that's the reason I suaully hear), would creating some silly looking CGI aliens really have helped the movie? Because I actually think that ending would have been worse.

THANK GOD someone agrees with me about Jeepers Creepers. To me, the only good thing about that movie is the camera work early in the film. When the guy is talking and you can see the truck WAAAAYYY off in the background coming back...it built some kick ass tension. That is where it ended. I hated that movie with a passion.

I don't think it was a truly horrible movie, but I agree with the person who said it was bad when the monster showed up. I thought the movie was pretty creepy and a decent horror film until they showed the monster. And then it was just like every other teen horror movie where good-looking teenagers are being chased by a serial killer or a monster or whatever. It got boring. I didn't bother with the sequel though it's been on cable like a dozen times lately.

Throw Collateral into the anticlimactic camp. A really intense final sequence, they escape onto the street...and that's it? Oh.

I mean, I would've been fine with something like Heat, where the rivals acknowledge each other as one of them dies. But the fact that they continue after that makes the last minute or so seem useless, like it should have gone somewhere.

Throw Collateral into the anticlimactic camp. A really intense final sequence, they escape onto the street...and that's it? Oh.

I hated that ending too. I think it was the best film in 2004, but man did I ever not like Cruise being the one who dies in the end. I would not have cared at all for a dark ending, or if they both ended up surviving. Vincent was way more interesting than fucking Max.

I liked the ending, because it went along with what Cruise was talking about early in the movie. He was saying that in New York someone could die on a subway train and their body would be there riding it all day and nobody would notice that they're dead.

Unbreakable. The twist was fine, but the title cards just made the whole thing feel a little deflated...

Ditto.

Contact.

End of thread.

Why? Because the alien took the form of her father?

Assuming that's what you think (that's the reason I suaully hear), would creating some silly looking CGI aliens really have helped the movie? Because I actually think that ending would have been worse.

I totally agree, but everyone I know thinks the movie sucked b/c the alien looked like her dad. Some stupid looking Gray or over the top Hollywood alien would have sucked hard core.

I agree on Mr. & Mrs. Smith. Had they died at the end it would have been a very good movie. As is, they made the two of them into Superman and had them absorb and spit out bullets.

It says Spoilers in the title of the thread, mole.

He's got a point, mole.

Yeah, but you can still use spoiler tags. It isn't really hard. Just use this key: [ and then type in the word spoiler then type this key: ] write whatever you please here that would be a spoiler because even though it says spoilers in the title, some of us might not have seen every movie here. But we would like to talk about the movies we have seen. Then when you are done typing hit this key: [ type in spoiler then hit these two keys: / then: ]

OMG, so hard.

Please use them from now on.

I liked the ending, because it went along with what Cruise was talking about early in the movie. He was saying that in New York someone could die on a subway train and their body would be there riding it all day and nobody would notice that they're dead.

Not to nitpick, but he was actually talking about LA. It went along with what he was talking about, but I felt it was a little anticlimactic that the villain dies. I mean, Foxx's character was a taxi cab driver, not a cop. He had no experience with guns and was acting off adrenaline. Cruise was a trained killer. Foxx would have gotten smoked clean and made the 11 o' clock news.

Saw the Wicker Man tonight:

Nicolas Cage plays a cop searching for a missing girl on an island near Washington State throughout the WHOLE movie, who turns out to be his daughter. Then at the end of the movie, he finds out that the people on the island are crazy and going to kill him for the good of the island's annual harvest.....then he dies when they kill him.

There were no stops on this train ride.

Saw the Wicker Man tonight:

Nicolas Cage plays a cop searching for a missing girl on an island near Washington State throughout the WHOLE movie, who turns out to be his daughter. Then at the end of the movie, he finds out that the people on the island are crazy and going to kill him for the good of the island's annual harvest.....then he dies when they kill him.

There were no stops on this train ride.

You should have watched the original. A much better film and the twist made a lot more sense.

A.I. and Minority Report. Both should have ended about 15-20 minutes before they actually did. Either movie would have been much better had Spielberg not tacked on their final endings.

I thought I was watching some tacked on bonus footage at the end of A.I. and not the legit end of the movie. That was painful.

I'll mention an old movie, The Woman in the Window with Edward G. Robinson. At the end it turns out that the entire movie was a dream and everyone was some innocuous character in his life. Really good movie too until that crap.

I think some people have misunderstood the thread....it's supposed to be GOOD movies with bad endings. The remake of Wicker Man, Jeepers Creepers, and WOTW do not qualify as being good regardless of the ending.

I'll probably take some shit for saying this but Monty Python and the Holy Grail is a movie I thought was really great up until the truly goofy, bizarre ending. I know the ending was supposed to be unsatisfying to some extent, but it just came off like they didn't know how to quite wrap it up.

A.I. and Minority Report. Both should have ended about 15-20 minutes before they actually did. Either movie would have been much better had Spielberg not tacked on their final endings.

boy, do I ever hate it when people say this shit. Kubrick came up with the ending of A.I. It wasn't "tacked on". the movie is a fucking retelling of Pinocchio. You wanna end Pinocchio with Pinocchio and his pops still stuck in the belly of the whale? it would make no fucking sense whatsoever. Minority Report I sorta agree with. but I still love that movie. and A.I. is brilliant.

Guest Smues
I'll probably take some shit for saying this but Monty Python and the Holy Grail is a movie I thought was really great up until the truly goofy, bizarre ending. I know the ending was supposed to be unsatisfying to some extent, but it just came off like they didn't know how to quite wrap it up.

I agree. I've always hated that ending.

Not to nitpick, but he was actually talking about LA. It went along with what he was talking about, but I felt it was a little anticlimactic that the villain dies. I mean, Foxx's character was a taxi cab driver, not a cop. He had no experience with guns and was acting off adrenaline. Cruise was a trained killer. Foxx would have gotten smoked clean and made the 11 o' clock news.

That's like saying no offense and then saying something offensive. Anyway, I saw it once and figured it was a coinflip.

I love Spirited Away up until this one scene where they reveal the true nature of the boy who was helping Chihiro(it's been a while and I don't remember the name of the boy) and the way it's done just kills the movie and every time I watch it I love it up until that part, and it just stinks because it happens late enough that I leave it with a bad taste in my mouth

Guest M. Harry Smilac

I mean, I would've been fine with something like Heat, where the rivals acknowledge each other as one of them dies. But the fact that they continue after that makes the last minute or so seem useless, like it should have gone somewhere.

I thought the ending to Heat was just as bad if not worse then Collateral.

Two of the greatest most badass actors of all time pitted against each other finally and we wind up with them holding hands in a field.

I'm not saying they should have wound up in a shoot-out with nukes that destroy the whole world as the flames from the explosion lights their final cigarette but that would have been alot cooler. :D

IIRC its because they ran out of money on their movie budget and had to come up with that shit ending at the last minute with the original ending being that they find the Grail in a 99 cents store.

I'll go with the flick Identity. The movie was building nicely, with the pacing, atmosphere, tension etc....and then just like hollywood almost always does, the climax of the movie is one big SAFE cop-out of an ending.

It's not really a shitty ending... just the token hollywood ending that ruins Matchstick Men for me.

It's still ranked one of my top films, but I've always thought it would be perfect if the movie faded to credits with

Cage breaking down on his ex's doorsteps when it's confirmed that he doesn't have a daughter and he's been duked.