TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

Tales of Laziness.

Not quite that bad. I have to wrap a couple of gifts for my wife before we go up to visit the in-laws tomorrow. I decided to do it tomorrow morning so I could enjoy the football game.

When I was single, I used to do that quite a bit. I actually would take unwrapped gifts to my parents' place so I could use their wrapping paper, tags, etc.

I grab tissue paper and gift bags that I've already opened as gifts, go into my room and place them together and hand them back out as gifts.

First year of university, I dropped a class (after the drop deadline) rather than try to write a 10-page essay that counted for 40% of our grade in two days.

I can think of at least five times when I've written major papers either the night before the due date, or, in a couple of memorable instances, the morning of.

I regularly leave food wrappers, empty glasses, etc. in my computer room rather than make the walk to the kitchen to dispose of them. They usually only make it out whenever my wife notices and yells at me.

My old apartment was a monument to laziness. It was quite scary. I'm amazed my wife still wanted to marry me after she saw it (despite my half-assed attempt to clean it).

I dropped an english class in college, cuz I hadnt started my research paper yet and thought it would be too hard to do it in short time. I also dropped out of my journalism class cuz I had a lousy assignment for the school paper (the cafeteria/school foundation), hell I only got one article published out of two wrote, an albulm reviwe of wwf the music vol 5 in early o1.

i always procrastinated on big projects. senior year of HS my 1st period class was basically a study hall (it was a class designed for helping with college applications and sats) so I always saved my homework for the morning that year) I never study the night before, ill forget it anyway, quick reading the morning of does the job.

In 2nd year of college, my final exam for American Govt was to write two essays out of a possible 5 topics (all of which had been already told to us so we could study) I actually bought extra blue books and considered pre-writing all 5 essays. I started one but was too lazy to do the rest.

as for showers, never, hell I can barely sleep at night unless i have showered that evening, especially if I have been out and sweated. that being siad ill rarerly shower in the daytime, Unless I feel hot. and I dont like dirty clothes

so I guess im the opposite of lazy

at work I got to the bathroom like 10 times or more so I can take mins off

Guest Vitamin X

oh yeah I know this one. When I was working at Bellsouth as a 411 Operator a couple years back, I used to take multiple breaks after a certain amount of calls to go to the bathroom and get a drink of water. They can monitor how often you unplug from the system and they noticed I did it a lot, but that was offset by the fact I had the highest performance in my department. They still bitched though, so I explained to them I have a weak bladder and medically speaking, I couldn't do anything about that. What were they going to tell me, to piss myself? Fuck them.

oh yeah I know this one. When I was working at Bellsouth as a 411 Operator a couple years back, I used to take multiple breaks after a certain amount of calls to go to the bathroom and get a drink of water. They can monitor how often you unplug from the system and they noticed I did it a lot, but that was offset by the fact I had the highest performance in my department. They still bitched though, so I explained to them I have a weak bladder and medically speaking, I couldn't do anything about that. What were they going to tell me, to piss myself? Fuck them.

Haha YEAH FUCK THEM. Even though they didn't actually tell you to piss yourself. And even though you don't really have a weak bladder. THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS!

Another one I thought of, which works great in the winter, is to throw a sweater over a collared shirt so you don't have to iron it. I did that today.

Guest Vitamin X

Haha YEAH FUCK THEM. Even though they didn't actually tell you to piss yourself. And even though you don't really have a weak bladder. THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS!

Well, let's put it this way. I think I've told this story before, but it needs re-iterating for this purpose. This is the same job where, around this same timeframe that I worked there, a girl was really sick and needed to go home but couldn't because there needed to be operators on the switchboard. She was getting up and going to the bathroom frequently because she was throwing up. The managers asked her why she kept getting up, and she explained to them that she needed to throw up. So they brought her a bucket to her workstation and told her to stop going to the bathroom, if she needed to throw up, she could do it there.

And yes they basically told me to hold it in, not necessarily piss myself, but still. What were they going to do about it? I was good at my job and it was mind-numbingly tedious, something the managers would have no clue about because they didn't have the same kind of work nor dealt with people the same way (we had to go through people in 32 seconds or less, and always give them the exact, correct listing. Most of the people in my department were 35 seconds or above, I frequently had a time averaging around 20-24 seconds and never gave someone the wrong listing the whole time I was working there.)

I've never done the "take a break in the bathroom to catch a couple minutes break" thing at any other job, really. I do the "Get up and get coffee from the cafe as a couple minutes' break" bit at my bookstore, though.