TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Decemberists

WON News and Notes (11 December Issue)

Impact on 11/30 drew a 0.97 rating and 1.1 million viwers, do a 1.12 in Males 18-34 (best since the time slot change). Show opened at a 1.0 for the Christian promo and Sabin vs Lethal vs Dutt. They lost 68,000 for the LAX promo and the Mike Tenay/AJ Styles/Rhino promo. They gained 11,000 viewers for Nash, Hoyt & Killings vs Shelley & Starr, some VKM stuff and the Sting/Abyss promo. The gained 68,000 viewers to a 1.01 peak for LAX vs Angle & Joe.

The James Gang, Vince Russo and Jeremy Borash went to the WWE house show on 12/1 in Knoxville to shoot footage for Impact. They did a deal where they went to the box office and got mad as ringside seats were $50 which is stupid as TNA will be charging at least that for ringside seats for on the road PPVs. Everyone but Russo ended up inside the building. Dave says this would be better if it was Nash and X Division guys as at least Nash has the sense of humor to carry it off. BJ James does very well in this role, but he's too much of an established mid-carder and Kip James is... well Kip James is Billy Gunn.

The 'George Michael Sports Machine' is working on a major feature on Angle.

The new interviewer, Letitia is not someone from Spike, although Spike did say they wanted more woman on the show. Jesse Ward, who works backstage in production found her somewhere. She was brought in for an audition which she was horrible in and then, of course, got hired. Jeremy Borash is obviously not happy that he's been replaced by someone who just can't do the job properly. There's surprise that Jarrett didn't stick up for Borash more. Borash has no replaced Don West in a backstage plugging segment, which again makes no sense as he just isn't as good at that as West was. Borash and Russo had a falling out a while ago that may explain JB's relative demotion.

Heyman is unlikey to come in if he's available as it would upset the balance of power and Russo isn't going anyway untill ratings drop like a stone or he walks out.

Rob Van Dam is interested in coming in when his WWE contract runs out in a few months. He feels he'll never get a chance in WWE following the drug bust, refusing to go to Iraq and Heyman losing his influence. Big Show might be tempted by the light schedule if he doesn't get the Hogan/Foley-like contract he wants from WWE but that's unlikely.

Thats it.

The James Gang, Vince Russo and Jeremy Borash went to the WWE house show on 12/1 in Knoxville to shoot footage for Impact. They did a deal where they went to the box office and got mad as ringside seats were $50 which is stupid as TNA will be charging at least that for ringside seats for on the road PPVs

Wait. It's stupid to get mad at because TNA charges the same for ringside PPV seats that WWE does for ringside house show seats?

The James Gang, Vince Russo and Jeremy Borash went to the WWE house show on 12/1 in Knoxville to shoot footage for Impact. They did a deal where they went to the box office and got mad as ringside seats were $50 which is stupid as TNA will be charging at least that for ringside seats for on the road PPVs

Wait. It's stupid to get mad at because TNA charges the same for ringside PPV seats that WWE does for ringside house show seats?

Yeah that struck me, I assumed they were saying the WWE prices were stupid because you could watch a TNA PPV at ringside for the same price as a WWE houseshow seat.

Yeah that struck me, I assumed they were saying the WWE prices were stupid because you could watch a TNA PPV at ringside for the same price as a WWE houseshow seat.

No, that is not what they are saying. They say it is stupid because TNA will be charging at least that for on the road PPV's. They are just unfairly comparing the two.

Big Show is a big no even though I like the guy. I'd rather he gets a legends deal and gets to retire since guys his size don't hang around for very long, which is a shame.

RVD though, that could be a lot of fun.

Guest samoapunk

Thanks for posting this. I really hope RVD jumps ship, but like everyone else says, we need 2 hours of Impact every week!

Id like to see RVD in TNA, as long as hes kept to the X Division.

Id prefer to see Show stay and do the legends deal with TNA.

TNA has a legends deal?

RVD could do it all in TNA, as I've said before. X Division, world title division, tag division. The one aspect of the X Division is that I dunno if fans at large would buy anyone other than Styles having a chance against RVD.

RVD is too big a name to stick in the X Division, sorry. Would anyone buy Sabin or Sonjay Dutt going over him? No way.

RVD should come in on a live episode of Impact, and cut a blistering anti-WWE promo. Have AJ Styles come out and tell him that "No once cares what you did up there, you were a paper champion, I'm the whole damn show in TNA, etc". Instant main event feud.

I actually think the new chick is surprisingly good. At least she's not trying to act like JB did.