TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuitarist

Things we didn't know a year ago

They'd still push Chris Masters after he lost his "image".

What? They buried him after he lost "his image." He jobbed to Super Crazy a lot and everyone in the company verbally ran him down. Now that he found his roids again, he's back to midcard status.

I guess it's been a light year with wrestling deaths, huh? Usually this type of thread is loaded with "I didn't expect "X Wrestler/s" to be dead."

The "only" three I can think of off the top of my head are Earthquake, Bob Orton Sr. and Johnny Grunge.

See No Evil selling 3 times as many DVD's as Wrestlemania.

Marty Jannetty returning and re-forming the Rockers for one-night-only, then proceeding to get fired and re-hired like 3 times.

Mickie James would become the top female babyface on Raw.

Kane would have a months-long feud with M.V.P.

Cryme Time would debut and set African-American stereotypes back another 25 years.

Wow, I forgot about Marty. That was pretty unexpected. Too bad he messed it all up...he looked really darn good in that tag match with Shawn, and that singles match against Kurt Angle.

In a triple threat match, for the WWE Title, that all participants (Cena, Edge and RVD) would all be booed by the crowd

The only exciting part during the ECW visit to the Hammerstein Ballroom was the crowd chanting change the channel

Edge, Rey Mysterio, Rob Van Dam, and Booker T being world champion in the same year.

piper falling ill (get well soon hot rod)

lita and trish leaving within a few months of each other

the worst catchphrase ever by the mizz (hoooooooraaahhh)

Vito turning, well, GAY

Things I never expected:

I never in a million years thought a midget would win the Royal Rumble AND go on to win the belt at Mania until it happened.

That they would STILL be milking Eddie Guerrero for all he was worth a year after his death.

CM Punk to actually be pushed AND get over in WWE.

That guy who fought with Brian Knobs in WCW all the time to return and be my new favorite wrestler (I didn't start watching wrestling until late 1999, so that's how I remembered Finlay until this year).

Booker T winning another World title.

Triple H NOT holding the World title all year.

Kurt Angle leaving/getting fired/whatever from WWE.

RVD holding the WWE title.

Sabu, Sandman, and Balls Mahoney in WWE full time.

Edge being the best heel in the company.

Vito turning, well, GAY

Hey pal! Just because you wear a dress doesn't mean you're gay!

Not only, William Regal and Finlay getting pushes but Squire Dave Taylor comes back. If only Chris Adams were alive, he'd have a shot at becoming an upper midcarder on Smackdown right now :(

that match of the year would be (in my view)

Kurt Angle v Marty Janetty

Yeah, and Vince McMahon's legdrop from the ladder was awesome!

Anyway, we didn't know that Ric Flair would have a TLC match, a ladder match at Wrestlemania, a match in ECW where he was getting abused with thumbtacks and barbed wire, and a Summerslam match that involved a barbed wire board, a barbed wire bat and thumbtacks. He really became Terry Funk this year. Oh, desperado...